Pelosi Will Possibly Use 25th Amendment to Remove Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***** at Yoko
    Reaction score
    Awesome idea, the guy is even more off-his-rocker than usual, only wish this had been done sooner.

Nancy Pelosi says Congress will discuss using 25th Amendment powers which could REMOVE Donald Trump amid fears COVID steroid treatment is affecting his mental health
    • Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she would lead a discussion on Friday about invoking the 25th amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office
    • 'Come here tomorrow,' she told reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday. 'We're going to be talking about the 25th Amendment'

I think you’re missing the point.

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of politics knows that Pelosi and the Democrats alone cant remove this President, even though most with half a brain realize that he’s crazier than a ****house rat... But she’s floating the idea out there, getting people to talk about it (successfully- as demonstrated by this thread, as well as countless other message boards and news articles).. It’s bothering the obese orange toddler to the point where now he wants to have a medical evaluation on national tv by yet another quack ‘doctor’... So , no offense- but it isnt about you getting it, it’s about planting that seed of doubt about whatever might remain of the President’s mental acuity, and also getting him riled up so that he’ll do and say even MORE stupid stuff leading up to the election.
    The problem is the vast majority of the electorate do not have a passing knowledge of politics so Pelosi's words/actions can be spun the wrong way.

Welp, I figured the c word would get tossed in there. And here we are. I still think this is a terrible move by Pelosi. Why would you want to distract people from what Trump is doing? Now the attention is on her rather than where it should be. Smh.

Is it, though? From out here in the boondocks, the Dems could all light themselves on fire while engaged in a massive orgy and they'd get maybe two-three paragraphs and a scroll-thingy on the local news.

I think you’re missing the point.

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of politics knows that Pelosi and the Democrats alone cant remove this President, even though most with half a brain realize that he’s crazier than a ****house rat... But she’s floating the idea out there, getting people to talk about it (successfully- as demonstrated by this thread, as well as countless other message boards and news articles).. It’s bothering the obese orange toddler to the point where now he wants to have a medical evaluation on national tv by yet another quack ‘doctor’... So , no offense- but it isnt about you getting it, it’s about planting that seed of doubt about whatever might remain of the President’s mental acuity, and also getting him riled up so that he’ll do and say even MORE stupid stuff leading up to the election.

There's absolutely no upside to this. And that's my point. It's a classic case of passing when you're up 7 with 2 minutes left in the game and you give the game away by stopping the clock needlessly. If Biden were trailing, I'd feel differently about it. But Biden is well ahead. I realize 2016 happened, but I just don't see him giving that up unless something really ridiculous between now and Nov 3rd.

It's just an unnecessary risk. I still think it's a distraction more than anything else.

For whatever it's worth, some Republicans are calling Pelosi's proposal a coup attempt. This morning in a presser, Pelosi was trying to make the case that Congress can actually remove the President based on the wording of the 25th Amendment.

And yeah, coup is the c word. I wouldn't have invoked it, but it's being said. Like a said earlier, this is a total distraction. Why do it a few weeks before the election? Makes no sense.
    Thanks for explaining. I don't think this will still the news cycle away from Trump. I think it will put more pressure on him and he doesn't do well under pressure.

I also think Pelosi is more politically savvy than most think. I'm sure she's got an angle that gives her an reasonable explanation for any undecided voters. I don't think those who have decided to vote for Biden will change their votes because of this.

Time will tell.

There's absolutely no upside to this. And that's my point. It's a classic case of passing when you're up 7 with 2 minutes left in the game and you give the game away by stopping the clock needlessly. If Biden were trailing, I'd feel differently about it. But Biden is well ahead. I realize 2016 happened, but I just don't see him giving that up unless something really ridiculous between now and Nov 3rd.

It's just an unnecessary risk. I still think it's a distraction more than anything else.
    Are you going to vote for Trump because of this? Is anyone here now going vote for Trump because of this? The answer to that question is really all that matters.

If Trump completely loses it and melts down on camera, it will lead to him have a net loss in votes. The bigger is margin of loss, the safer the election is from any tampering and litigation by him. That would definitely be an upside if that were to occur.

Again, only time will tell how this plays out. Ever since Trump was elected, we've been navigated completely uncharted territory in which the normal laws of politics haven't applied.

Is it, though? From out here in the boondocks, the Dems could all light themselves on fire while engaged in a massive orgy and they'd get maybe two-three paragraphs and a scroll-thingy on the local news.

Maybe, my big issue is there's no real upside to this. It's not gonna happen and it makes people second guess themselves about the political process. I'd just say leave well enough alone and focus on winning the election.

We gotta remember this could also affect voters in toss-up states that could go either way in the Senate. If this comes back to bite them and keeps the Senate in the Republicans' hands, I'm sure some will point to this as at least a partial reason for that.

I don't see the upside to this at all. But I guess we'll have to disagree.

Are you going to vote for Trump because of this? Is anyone here now going vote for Trump because of this? The answer to that question is really all that matters.
    The question is not whether it matters to us or voters who are similarly already decided, rather some that may still be on the fence. I'm sure there is still a couple of percentage points of them out there somewhere and that could mean the difference in this election despite what the polls currently say.

The question is not whether it matters to us or voters who are similarly already decided, rather some that may still be on the fence. I'm sure there is still a couple of percentage points of them out there somewhere and that could mean the difference in this election despite what the polls currently say.

Where I think this will have more effect will be in toss-up states for the Senate elections. I'm pretty sure there are more undecideds on the Senate seats than there are related to the Presidential election. Just a thought.

The polls are showing there's really not enough self-proclaimed undecideds to change the outcome of this election at the national level and at the state level in the swing states.

So I read the proposed bill and, despite the horrible- I mean just horrible - timing in my opinion, the idea is actually good. A 16 member panel of doctors, former Presidents and cabinet members, etc that are bipartisan and 8 selected by each party to determine if the President is sane is a good thing. And would be used only for the right reasons, supported by the fact there are 8 from each side of the aisle.

but the timing is so stupid that gets lost and it looks like trying to take out Trump. His base will seize on this and say that the D’s are trying anything to get him out. Even invoking the 25th amendment. And while that isn’t what this is, his followers don’t understand nuance or actually read things. They just listen to Hannity for marching orders.

So I read the proposed bill and, despite the horrible- I mean just horrible - timing in my opinion, the idea is actually good. A 16 member panel of doctors, former Presidents and cabinet members, etc that are bipartisan and 8 selected by each party to determine if the President is sane is a good thing. And would be used only for the right reasons, supported by the fact there are 8 from each side of the aisle.

but the timing is so stupid that gets lost and it looks like trying to take out Trump. His base will seize on this and say that the D’s are trying anything to get him out. Even invoking the 25th amendment. And while that isn’t what this is, his followers don’t understand nuance or actually read things. They just listen to Hannity for marching orders.

Well, now there's talk that she did this to get Biden out at some point, lol. This whole thing is just dumb. Like CB said, the idea isn't terrible, but the optics of the timing, yeah.

Or remove Biden. :hihi:

I’ll assume from the emoji that you’re kidding, but yeah, there are already conspiracy theorists pushing that.. There's a conspiracy theory for everything!

Obviously she cant explicitly state that it’s for Trump, but i do think it’s designed to rattle him.. If it were for Biden, she wouldnt be doing it this close to the election, only for Trump.

Well, now there's talk that she did this to get Biden out at some point, lol. This whole thing is just dumb. Like CB said, the idea isn't terrible, but the optics of the timing, yeah.
    Trying to govern based on "optics" is one of the things that lead straight to the mess we are in.

It's time for them to say to hell with the laziness of worrying about "optics" and start doing the work harder work of explaining to people why we need to do the things that they think we need to do. The vast majority of Americans are reasonable and not polarized.

Trying to govern based on "optics" is one of the things that lead straight to the mess we are in.

It's time for them to say to hell with the laziness of worrying about "optics" and start doing the work harder work of explaining to people why we need to do the things that they think we need to do. The vast majority of Americans are reasonable and not polarized.

I suppose so. But questioning motives are fair game imo. It just feels like this is less about the 25th amendment and more about trying to gain leverage.

Just because you haven't seen a patient with an adverse side effect doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. If you see 2 patients on long term corticosteroids and none of them develop erratic behaviors doesn't mean that the millions of others didn't. You should go back and read your pharmacology books again.

Adverse effects from Corticosteroids:
    If you guys are afraid while hes on them,just wait till he comes off of them. And he will have to come off of them.

If you guys are afraid while hes on them,just wait till he comes off of them. And he will have to come off of them.

Yeah, I'm actually more concerned about how he weans himself off of the meds. But, he's got world class care at his disposal, so they probably know what they're doing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom