Pelosi Will Possibly Use 25th Amendment to Remove Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***** at Yoko
    Reaction score
    Awesome idea, the guy is even more off-his-rocker than usual, only wish this had been done sooner.

Nancy Pelosi says Congress will discuss using 25th Amendment powers which could REMOVE Donald Trump amid fears COVID steroid treatment is affecting his mental health
    • Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she would lead a discussion on Friday about invoking the 25th amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office
    • 'Come here tomorrow,' she told reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday. 'We're going to be talking about the 25th Amendment'

Nothing personal unless you started the rumor in the media that dexamethasone can make someone crazy.

I deal with the Covid patients at work and I've never seen those kind of extreme side effects in one single patient.

Aren't you the same guy that repeatedly said masks do almost nothing then when faced with evidence from posters came back and said they do help some? Maybe we need a more reputable person in healthcare for this type of information.

Nothing personal unless you started the rumor in the media that dexamethasone can make someone crazy.

I deal with the Covid patients at work and I've never seen those kind of extreme side effects in one single patient.

Maybe those side effects only appear in people with the biggest brains.

They're not, and while it is fast, it's still not arbitrary or without safeguards. That, and the military is governed by the UCMJ. Not to mention that Congress does have some levers of their own when it comes to the military. Military funding and budgets are approved by Congress through the President's budget submissions.

As for the DC thing, which bothered the hell out of me, iirc, that wasn't a military action. I believe the DOJ was involved in that.

I get the concern, but I don't think it's warranted as it relates to the military and nuclear codes.
    The safeguards are not as safe as some think. It relies on military leaders not following an illegal order. History tells us that military personal are reluctant not to follow any order, illegal or not.

Congress has absolutely no role or oversite in preventing a military action. They can curtail actions after the fact, but that's a moot point regarding the use of a nuclear weapon. Military funding and budgets are in no way a safeguard against a president going rogue and ordering a nuclear strike.

Military person were given orders to assault civilian protestors. That was an illegal order. They followed it. The president is the commander in chief of the military. Retired generals pointed out that the military acted on illegal orders which brings into question whether or not to trust the military not to follow illegal orders.

Your lack of concern is not grounded in history and the reality of the current situation. I don't think Trump will order a nuclear strike, but I very little confidence that his orders would be ignored if he did.

The safeguards are not as safe as some think. It relies on military leaders not following an illegal order. History tells us that military personal are reluctant not to follow any order, illegal or not.

Congress has absolutely no role or oversite in preventing a military action. They can curtail actions after the fact, but that's a moot point regarding the use of a nuclear weapon. Military funding and budgets are in no way a safeguard against a president going rogue and ordering a nuclear strike.

Military person were given orders to assault civilian protestors. That was an illegal order. They followed it. The president is the commander in chief of the military. Retired generals pointed out that the military acted on illegal orders which brings into question whether or not to trust the military not to follow illegal orders.

Your lack of concern is not grounded in history and the reality of the current situation. I don't think Trump will order a nuclear strike, but I very little confidence that his orders would be ignored if he did.

Can you source military personnel knowingly acting on illegal orders from the President in the DC situation? I was under the impression that that was through the DOJ. In fact, I read an article that one of the top military officials who were pictured with Trump later admitted he shouldn't have been there because it wasn't his place to be there.

And clearing a street is a lot different than launching a nuclear weapon.

I can't say it won't happen, but I can say that if Trump gave the order, I'm convinced it will be questioned before a launch is authenticated.

Everyone needs to accept and get others to accept that we will not know the actual election results until Nov 7th at the earliest.
    If it's a landslide, we most likely will know on the 3rd, or morning of the 4th. If it's close, 7th or later if it's contested.

I'll shoot my shot. Dec 1 at the earliest we find out who won.

Can you source military personnel knowingly acting on illegal orders from the President in the DC situation? I was under the impression that that was through the DOJ. In fact, I read an article that one of the top military officials who were pictured with Trump later admitted he shouldn't have been there because it wasn't his place to be there.

And clearing a street is a lot different than launching a nuclear weapon.

I can't say it won't happen, but I can say that if Trump gave the order, I'm convinced it will be questioned before a launch is authenticated.
    Seriously? If you walked up to a soldier and gave him and order would he follow it? Not a chance.

Military personnel only follow the orders of those with authority to issue a command. If they followed the order of someone who didn't have the authority to give them an order, then that's even worse than the fact the order was illegal. The order came from Trump, even if someone like Barr relayed the order, otherwise the military would not have followed the order.

The order was illegal even if it didn't come from Trump, because it's illegal for US troops to police civilians. Yet the military followed that illegal order.

I get that you're convinced it's no big deal and you think we should all move along becaise there's nothing to see here.

Hey, look at me agreeing with SFL.

Dexamethasone isn’t tiny-testicles/roid rage anabolic steroids. Mostly. It’s a pretty common medicine and people take it all the time with no issues.

Yes, SOMETIMES it can have those types of side effects but it’s rare for someone taking it for a short amount of time.

the doctor who described his symptoms while on a high dose said he felt better than he’d ever felt in his life the first few days. It’s a definite possibility, and especially since Trump keeps upping the weirdness every day. Like getting Covid was a gift from god, I didn’t need the drugs to beat Covid, the drugs are a cure. Those two statements right there totally contradict each other.

I do realize he says crazy stuff all the time, so it could be difficult to say what’s due to the steroid and whats due to his general pathology. But the euphoria tells me he’s feeling it. JMO.

🙄 nobody said it makes you crazy, what was said was that there are some definite side effects that involve mood and judgement. And there are. Just look around, you will find plenty of first hand accounts like the one from the doctor that I posted.

Members of the military aren't robots. I served, interacted with the Commander of the Pacific Fleet on a daily basis, and dealt with highly classified materials at a very secure facility. Each and every one of us understood what a lawful order was, our responsibility to follow it and what to do if we felt the order was not lawful or honorable.

I've seen orders called into question first hand. It happens all the time, far more than people probably think. Even when orders are followed at the moment the issue is generally discussed and dealt with later if it wasn't lawful or proper.

I trust that the people I served with wouldn't launch nukes because someone punched a button during roid rage. They are better than that.

Pelosi herself needs to go -- she's been a bad look for the Democrats for a while now. I thought she brokered some kind of informal arrangement where she agreed to step down as Speaker/Democratic leadership position in the not-so-distant future.

Seriously? If you walked up to a soldier and gave him and order would he follow it? Not a chance.

Military personnel only follow the orders of those with authority to issue a command. If they followed the order of someone who didn't have the authority to give them an order, then that's even worse than the fact the order was illegal. The order came from Trump, even if someone like Barr relayed the order, otherwise the military would not have followed the order.

The order was illegal even if it didn't come from Trump, because it's illegal for US troops to police civilians. Yet the military followed that illegal order.

I get that you're convinced it's no big deal and you think we should all move along becaise there's nothing to see here.

Where did I say it's no big deal? I didn't come close to saying that. And I asked you to source your claim about military personnel knowingly heeding an illegal order. Until you cite your source, I'm gonna assume it's not true. Iirc, there were questions about who gave the order and who carried out those orders. If Trump told Barr to give the order to clear out the street, Barr can't tell soldiers what to do. Who exactly where the agents who cleared the streets? I had originally thought they were agents under one of the agencies under the DOJ. The military, unless they're national guard, are not subject to orders outside their chain of command. I haven't read anything about the military participating in the removal of the protesters in DC. I want to say it might have been the national guard because that was the rumor, but Trump would have needed the approval of the governor, which I'm drawing a blank on. That whole episode was a shirt-show and I'm not recalling any military involvement in that.

Pelosi herself needs to go -- she's been a bad look for the Democrats for a while now. I thought she brokered some kind of informal arrangement where she agreed to step down as Speaker/Democratic leadership position in the not-so-distant future.

So, just so we’re clear- you think Pelosi needs to be removed more than Donald Trump needs to be removed? If not, then i dont understand why you would make that post in a thread about possibly invoking the 25th on Donald Trump... And if you DO think that Pelosi is a bigger threat than Trump, then would you mind expounding on that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom