Pelosi Will Possibly Use 25th Amendment to Remove Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***** at Yoko
    Reaction score
    Awesome idea, the guy is even more off-his-rocker than usual, only wish this had been done sooner.

Nancy Pelosi says Congress will discuss using 25th Amendment powers which could REMOVE Donald Trump amid fears COVID steroid treatment is affecting his mental health
    • Speaker Nancy Pelosi said she would lead a discussion on Friday about invoking the 25th amendment to remove President Donald Trump from office
    • 'Come here tomorrow,' she told reporters on Capitol Hill Thursday. 'We're going to be talking about the 25th Amendment'

Oh and he said he’s not contagious, and that Covid is no big deal. These are the drugs talking, IMO. That steroid is not like a run of the mill prednisone. It’s mental effects can be severe.

No. No. No.

Don't give him ammo. He's losing. He's losing badly. Don't give him ammo to claw his way back out of it. What in God's name is she doing?

Indeed, this is just stupid with less than a month before the election. 6 months ago, I could see it, but right now? It's not only pointless, but Trump could frame this as a coup attempt. And it just makes no sense.

Why would you do this when everything already points to a favorable election outcome. What more do you need right now. If the craziness continues it just solidifies the outcome.

There could be a credible case made that he’s incapacitated due to his meds. It would be temporary until that steroid gets out of his system. Rs should do it and evidently will not, but he is definitely worse as the days go on. He called on Bill Barr to arrest Joe Biden and Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton. These are more than his usual rants, IMO. He said getting Covid was a gift from god, he said he didn’t need the drugs to fight it, then he said the antibodies were a cure.

It’s dangerous. Any number of foreign adversaries can see he’s incapacitated. We have to think of national security.

I don't think that's what incapacitated means.

Besides, the 25th Amendment only gives the Vice President and the Cabinet power to declare the president incapacitated. Congress' only role comes after that declaration. It seems silly to me that the Speaker could get any value out of publicly stating to "have that discussion" - with whom and for what legitimate purpose?

To be clear, I'm not saying there isn't a time when Congress can attempt to push the VP and Cabinet to move on a declaration that the president is incapacitated, but I think it requires a more acute situation than what we're seeing with Trump - who pretty seems like himself, perhaps jacked up a little more, but seemingly in character.

Okay, I just did a quick check and from what I saw it has to be VP and a majority of cabinet officers to use the 25th Amendment. I didn’t see any mechanism for Pelosi to invoke it. So either what she said is being sensationalized or she said it stupidly. They can talk about it but I don’t think they can do anything.

ETA, was posting at the same time Chuck. Without knowing what she is thinking, I wonder if the articles are just being sensational. She is a pretty savvy politician, and this story isn’t getting much play aside from those two outlets. I’m somewhat skeptical at this point.

Last edited:
    She can have all the discussion she wants in the House, it means nothing at all and it will only embolden him and his followers more. It's the VP's and his Cabinet's responsibility to invoke the 25th.

edit: should have read the entire thread before snap posting

Will wait until a reliable source -dailymail, not you Mr Blue Sky- before I believe it.

Just for the record, in re to the Daily Mail- while I’m not a fan of their completely obvious and transparent political slant that they dont even try to hide- they usually have the scoop.. and they usually have it earlier than most other sources... Not much different than the National Enquirer used to be, total scumbags who will stop at nothing to get the story first.

To be clear, I'm not saying there isn't a time when Congress can attempt to push the VP and Cabinet to move on a declaration that the president is incapacitated, but I think it requires a more acute situation than what we're seeing with Trump.

😂

Dude.. i love ya and all, but what exactly more would you like to see from Trump? How about if he Tweets a picture of himself with the ’nuclear football’, with a sheet full of codes in front of him and a packet of steroids next to him, while he looks at a map of N Korea? Or Australia, or France?? Nah, it’s just ‘Trump being Trump.’

The 25th amendment exists for a reason.. If ’now isnt the time’, then, ****, lets just get rid of it.. Seriously.

I have had this exact conversation with people since before the 2017 election.. and as much as you might want that to be true, and as nice as it would be if true- your post is, sadly, dead wrong.

He cannot physically push a button and launch nuclear missiles.

There is a chain of command in the US Military. The folks responsible for nuclear strikes is US Strategic Command. They would receive the order to strike from the POTUS. Then execute the order.

We are currently without any engagement outside of remaining Afghan forces. ( and smaller others in ME ). There would be absolutely no reason for STRATCOMM to launch and i would imagine that order would be tested.

😂

Dude.. i love ya and all, but what exactly more would you like to see from Trump? How about if he Tweets a picture of himself with the ’nuclear football’, with a sheet full of codes in front of him and a packet of steroids next to him, while he looks at a map of N Korea? Or Australia, or France?? Nah, it’s just ‘Trump being Trump.’

The 25th amendment exists for a reason.. If ’now isnt the time’, then, ****, lets just get rid of it.. Seriously.
    As much as I disagree with @superchuck500 on these kinds of things, I think he's right here. I don't see rage-tweeting as a cause to remove the president via 25th Amendment now when he's been rage-tweeting since Twitter began.

He cannot physically push a button and launch nuclear missiles.

There is a chain of command in the US Military. The folks responsible for nuclear strikes is US Strategic Command. They would receive the order to strike from the POTUS. Then execute the order.

We are currently without any engagement outside of remaining Afghan forces. ( and smaller others in ME ). There would be absolutely no reason for STRATCOMM to launch and i would imagine that order would be tested.

You’re correct, he cant just physically push a button and launch the nukes.. There is a process and protocol.. But he, and he alone, makes the call- no one else , not ‘two people’, or anyone besides the POTUS, makes the call.. but yes, more people are actually involved in taking HIS call and physically launching the weapons... So, you kinda dont want a crazy person making that call.

This could be a strategy Republicans could push to separate themselves from Mr Trump and begin rebuilding if he were to lose in a landslide and becomes completely unhinged. Unlikely to happen but is dependent on Mr Trump himself.

If Mr Trump were to lose bigly his enablers have less incentive to be loyal to Mr Trump and more incentive to look out for the future of the party.

You’re correct, he cant just physically push a button and launch the nukes.. There is a process and protocol.. But he, and he alone, makes the call- no one else , not ‘two people’, or anyone besides the POTUS, makes the call.. but yes, more people are actually involved in taking HIS call and physically launching the weapons... So, you kinda dont want a crazy person making that call.

By "two people" i meant POTUS and STRATCOMM Commander.

it would have to "travel" down the chain of command. Furthermore, it would have to be vetted by members of his cabinet ( incl SoD and VP ) and then agreed upon and verified. Its not an "instantaneous" act. It would take time to execute, and in that time, you best believe Capitol Hill would be in overdrive.

The one thing the POTUS CANNOT do is issue an unlawful order.

An order to launch a nuclear strike, with no provocation whatsoever, is an unlawful order. Protection granted to those that refuse to follow those orders by Uniform Code of Military Justice.

This could be a strategy Republicans could push to separate themselves from Mr Trump and begin rebuilding if he were to lose in a landslide and becomes completely unhinged. Unlikely to happen but is dependent on Mr Trump himself.

If Mr Trump were to lose bigly his enablers have less incentive to be loyal to Mr Trump and more incentive to look out for the future of the party.

Once he is out on Nov 3rd, they will drop him like a bad habit.

By "two people" i meant POTUS and STRATCOMM Commander.

it would have to "travel" down the chain of command. Furthermore, it would have to be vetted by members of his cabinet ( incl SoD and VP ) and then agreed upon and verified. Its not an "instantaneous" act. It would take time to execute, and in that time, you best believe Capitol Hill would be in overdrive.

The one thing the POTUS CANNOT do is issue an unlawful order.

An order to launch a nuclear strike, with no provocation whatsoever, is an unlawful order. Protection granted to those that refuse to follow those orders by Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Well said. The whole nuclear codes thing is a scare tactic. The President can't just arbitrarily launch nukes on his own. And even if it was legal to do so, there's still a process. Too many movies make it look like all you need is to steal the football to launch them, which isn't close to how it actually works.

😂

I've felt that way about the electors in the electoral college since 2016. If your backstop refuses to be a backstop, why have it? Just rubberstamp the state results, assign the "points" and move on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom