Now is not the time to talk about gun control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

She’s not supporting the killer, though, is she? And we still don’t know the reason for the shooting, or even if it was related to the shooter‘s gender identity.
    She isn’t supporting the killer, she isn’t separating herself/the administration from the violent segment of the LGBTQ (which is very much present), instead she is going after the former administration. It’s a sad day.

All we know if that innocent people died at the hands of a crazy transitioning person. Not much to argue about that, it’s a fact.
    I don’t think we know the state of her “transition”. We don’t know if she had taken any steps at all, do we? I’m not even sure the images of her Linked-In page with the pronouns was accurate, because I saw one image with pronouns specified and one without.

All I know for sure is that the sheriff said she was identifying as a man and that she was under treatment for emotional problems and that she attended that school.

Everything else is rampant speculation at this point, as far as I know.

She isn’t supporting the killer, she isn’t separating herself/the administration from the violent segment of the LGBTQ (which is very much present), instead she is going after the former administration. It’s a sad day.
    You will need to support your assertion here that there is a significant violent segment of the LGBTQ community.

That is an 18 second clip, with zero context. From an incredibly unhinged website. You going to still roll with this as accurate in the way you have presented it?

I am going to need you to explain how it’s false.

Sure.

For example, if the Alt-Right came out in support of Dillon Roof, or, if folks had sympathy for him rather than the folks in the church. Time and place.

People did come out in support of Dylan Roof, but that's not the point. You are speaking about coming out in support of a specific person after said person committed a horrible act of violence. Nowhere in that clip (nor in the press conference) did Karine Jean-Pierre come out in support of a specific person after said person committed a horrible act of violence.

See what I mean?

I'm curious, what percentage of mass murders or even violent crime are the "the violent segment of the LGBTQ" responsible for?

This is the first I've head of "the violent segment of the LGBTQ", but apparently you have a lot of information on this group.

I’m late to this discussion by virtue of being new in this forum, and looking at a series of exchanges between you and others on this topic and I was wondering what your intention was for posting this without comment? Thanks.

I shouldn’t even engage with this BS, but this is an objectively true statement. What about that statement isn’t accurate, el?

Here is a quote from the website you are promoting with that tweet. It doesn’t seem like it would be a fair, down the middle source does it?

“Most certainly the Democrats anticipated the anger that it would generate among the former president’s supporters. The Democrats are likely hoping there will be violent acts committed by MAGA Republicans, providing them with the impetus they need in order to declare a national emergency and allow Joe Biden (and the Obamunists), to invoke emergency powers to quell another “insurrection”. My guess is they have already thought out carefully which Constitutional rights will be suspended. First and foremost will be both the 1st and 2nd Amendments.

We are dealing with devious, evil people who are controlling the Democrat Party in America nowadays. They are entirely capable of taking whatever steps they deem necessary for them to maintain power, and to control the American people. The Soviet KGB, East German STASI, and the Nazi Gestapo and SS quickly come to mind when thinking about what Democrats are willing to do to Americans who disagree with them politically. They have truly crossed the line from liberalism and Marxism.”

The projection here is breathtaking.

There is nothing wrong with what she said. The timing could have been better, but no, there is nothing wrong with what she said.

For example, if the Alt-Right came out in support of Dillon Roof, or, if folks had sympathy for him rather than the folks in the church. Time and place.

I think we can all agree that we need to show compassion to those struggling with mental problems, but the timing of this statement just seems tone deaf.
    I didn't see anything tone deaf about the Jean-Pierre said. People are unjustifiably attacking the LGBTQ community for this one person's hate crime. The difference is that the LGBTQ community isn't a hate group. If one member of that group commits a hate crime, it doesn't make the group a hate group. If the group espouses hate, it is a hate group. Most serial and mass murders are white men, but that doesn't mean that when a white man commits a hate crime that we should attack all white men. There are subsets of any group that are apt to commit crimes.

yep, some blaming the mental illness that is being trans for the shooting and something should absolutely be done about that

Ole Benny Boy came out against trans people owning guns. What happened to all the 2nd absolutist? I see no outcry as this opinion circulates on the right.

P.S. I'm all for restricting gun ownership by gender myself. The number is around 98% of all mass shootings are done by men.

Ole Benny Boy came out against trans people owning guns. What happened to all the 2nd absolutist? I see no outcry as this opinion circulates on the right.

P.S. I'm all for restricting gun ownership by gender myself. The number is around 98% of all mass shootings are done by men.

By his logic, mass shootings are signs of mental illness. What's the underlying mental illness in the case of all of the straight, white, cis right-wing racists, I wonder?

I don’t see how Shapiro is taken seriously any longer. He fooled some people early in his career, but by this point, he’s a cartoon.

The fact that half the country has permitless concealed carry is crazy to me
    ================================================

A Florida law enforcement official has issued a stern rebuke to Gov. Ron DeSantis over a new state law that will allow permitless carry in the Sunshine State.

The likely 2024 presidential candidate on Monday quietly signed into law a measure that will allow the firearms to be carried without owners having to get permits. Orange County Sheriff John Mina described the measure as “political” and said it wouldn’t enhance public safety.

Mina made his comments during an appearance on “The Problem With Jon Stewart.” The show tweeted out a clip of the interview, and Mina’s comment in response to a question from Stewart about whether the law, which hadn’t been signed at the time of the recording, would benefit the community.

“There is no benefit to the community,” Mina said.

“It has become a political issue and so somewhere along the line we stopped listening to law enforcement. The men and women who patrol the streets every night and risk their own lives. Go ask the street cop what he thinks about encountering lots of people with a gun stuck in a waistband.

“It's not going to make our communities safer, it's going to make them more dangerous.”..............

Yeah, DeSantis didn’t make his customary self-congratulatory big deal about signing this bill, because he knows it only pleases the gun manufacturers and the fringe alt-right. The majority of people everywhere don’t want these laws.

The fact that half the country has permitless concealed carry is crazy to me
    ================================================

A Florida law enforcement official has issued a stern rebuke to Gov. Ron DeSantis over a new state law that will allow permitless carry in the Sunshine State.

The likely 2024 presidential candidate on Monday quietly signed into law a measure that will allow the firearms to be carried without owners having to get permits. Orange County Sheriff John Mina described the measure as “political” and said it wouldn’t enhance public safety.

Mina made his comments during an appearance on “The Problem With Jon Stewart.” The show tweeted out a clip of the interview, and Mina’s comment in response to a question from Stewart about whether the law, which hadn’t been signed at the time of the recording, would benefit the community.

“There is no benefit to the community,” Mina said.

“It has become a political issue and so somewhere along the line we stopped listening to law enforcement. The men and women who patrol the streets every night and risk their own lives. Go ask the street cop what he thinks about encountering lots of people with a gun stuck in a waistband.

“It's not going to make our communities safer, it's going to make them more dangerous.”..............

Well, I hope the LEO community is prepared to lie in the bed they've made.

You've got communities that flat-out don't trust them, that regard cops as just another gang. And now those communities are armed.

This will end well.

FsPY-I-aAAAU7-7

The new facility in Tennessee is now the home of Beretta’s firearms manufacturing efforts in the United States, producing most of the products sold within our borders. The 155,000 square foot facility sits in an industrial park just outside of Gallatin in the rolling hills of Tennessee and employs over 180 people. There is also plenty of room for expansion, as Beretta owns several adjacent acres, allowing them to expand as demand for their product grows. The facility started production in April of 2016, and I recently had a chance to tour the plant and talk with Doug Linder, Beretta USA’s VP of Operations, Research and Design about what goes on inside the plant and how it plays into Beretta’s future. "

So Tennessee is now the home of Beretta USA and Smith & Wesson.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom