Now is not the time to talk about gun control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

And machine guns work better for killing many people quickly than bolt action guns or muzzle loaders.

Yes, indeed I am referring to semi-automatic hand guns and rifles as being machine guns because unlike a manually operated bolt action or muzzle loader, they are auto load machines which are guns, therefore they are machine guns.

You can call them Nancy too.

"Free speech is only speech I concur with" should be the Republican motto!

This guy is more of a threat to the republic than trump could ever be because, unlike trump, he is intelligent. He has also proven himself to be someone that will punish ANYONE, whether they be an individual or corporation, that dare defy his "authority".

This guy is more of a threat to the republic than trump could ever be because, unlike trump, he is intelligent. He has also proven himself to be someone that will punish ANYONE, whether they be an individual or corporation, that dare defy his "authority".
    And that Rays statement is a lot benign than others

Posted this in EE

Somewhere along the way people decided that “freedom means saying and doing what I want, when I want with zero restrictions, considerations or consequences”**

**with the caveat that only applies to what THEY want to say and do, NOT what YOU want to say and do.

If they don’t like what you want to say or do, then you shouldn’t be able to say it or do it

Last edited:
    It's sort of how the Free Exercise Clause became the 'GET ON YOUR KNEES, PLEBS, AND WORSHIP OUR GOD AND FOLLOW OUR CONCEPTION OF MORALITY' Clause.

Also posted on EE
    =======================
    ….Republicans need to face tough questions from voters, political opponents and the media.

Here are just a few:

Why do you oppose background checks when a supermajority of gun owners approve of them? Whose interests are you protecting?

• How much money have you accepted from the National Rifle Association?

• As my colleague Glenn Kessler reported, “State laws requiring a permit to purchase a firearm, which includes a background check on all purchases, are associated with 60 percent lower odds of a mass public shooting occurring.” So why not pass them?

• You say people won’t abide by gun laws, but we pass laws against everything from bank robberies to heroin trafficking. Why is gun regulation any different?

• If you don’t like gun regulations, why not make gun owners who do not properly secure their weapons liable when their guns are used in a crime?

• Let’s get this straight: You don’t trust teachers to instruct kids on the history of race in America, but you trust them to bring a high-powered weapon to school, keep it out of the hands of others and react more aggressively and quickly to an active shooter than law enforcement? (Listen to students who have survived mass shootings who think the idea is nuts.)

• How do you explain the drop in gun deaths, including suicides, in Australia after its firearm buyback program?

• How do you explain the 40 percent drop in gun violence when Connecticut required gun licensing?

• The United States has already banned most machine guns consistent with the Second Amendment. Why would banning semiautomatic weapons be unconstitutional?

• Are you opposed to banning guns on airplanes? At presidential events?…….

I saw a headline: Safeway Employee Shot to Death After Dispute in San Jose

I clicked on it to find out if it was someone I know because there isn't a Safeway store in all of San Jose I haven't at some point in time worked on their mechanical systems in.

It wasn't someone I know, but it was quite a shock as a reality check. The poor fellow who worked there and was killed was 24 years old.

The reality check in that was the fact that there was no way I knew him when I was there because I hadn't been in that store since that poor guy was 8 years old, and would have been in second grade.

Years certainly have gone by.

This could have gone in te racist thread also
    ===============================

Tech investor and Arizona Republican Senate hopeful Blake Masters acknowledges that the United States has a gun violence problem. But he also has a theory about why there’s a problem—it’s “Black people, frankly.”

Masters boiled the issue down in an April 11 interview on the Jeff Oravits Show podcast, telling the host that “we do have a gun violence problem in this country, and it’s gang violence.”

“It’s people in Chicago, St. Louis shooting each other. Very often, you know, Black people, frankly,” Masters clarified. “And the Democrats don’t want to do anything about that.”

It’s unclear why Masters—who has pushed the baseless “great replacement” conspiracy theory narrative—felt compelled to single out Black people. Moments earlier in the interview, during a discussion about Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson’s confirmation hearings, Masters told Oravits that “most Americans just, you know, just want to stop obsessing about race all the time,” adding that “the left’s biggest tool in their toolkit is just to divide people on the basis of race, and that’s really messed up.”

Republicans frequently cite urban gang violence, most often in Chicago, in attempts to tap out of the gun control debate. While their redirections are often as misleading as they are cliche, those officials aren’t always as forthright as Masters about the racial undertones.

But Masters, whom the white nationalist website VDARE fêted last year as an “immigration patriot,” was quite clear about his vision of two Americas.

After pinning gun violence on gangs and Black people—and saying, falsely, that Democratic administrations “don’t want to do anything” about gang shootings—the Stanford-educated libertarian went on to complain to Oravits that gun control efforts target “law-abiding people like you and me.”.........

This could have gone in te racist thread also
    ===============================

Tech investor and Arizona Republican Senate hopeful Blake Masters acknowledges that the United States has a gun violence problem. But he also has a theory about why there’s a problem—it’s “Black people, frankly.”

Masters boiled the issue down in an April 11 interview on the Jeff Oravits Show podcast, telling the host that “we do have a gun violence problem in this country, and it’s gang violence.”

“It’s people in Chicago, St. Louis shooting each other. Very often, you know, Black people, frankly,” Masters clarified. “And the Democrats don’t want to do anything about that.”

It’s unclear why Masters—who has pushed the baseless “great replacement” conspiracy theory narrative—felt compelled to single out Black people. Moments earlier in the interview, during a discussion about Justice Ketanji Brown Jackson’s confirmation hearings, Masters told Oravits that “most Americans just, you know, just want to stop obsessing about race all the time,” adding that “the left’s biggest tool in their toolkit is just to divide people on the basis of race, and that’s really messed up.”

Republicans frequently cite urban gang violence, most often in Chicago, in attempts to tap out of the gun control debate. While their redirections are often as misleading as they are cliche, those officials aren’t always as forthright as Masters about the racial undertones.

But Masters, whom the white nationalist website VDARE fêted last year as an “immigration patriot,” was quite clear about his vision of two Americas.

After pinning gun violence on gangs and Black people—and saying, falsely, that Democratic administrations “don’t want to do anything” about gang shootings—the Stanford-educated libertarian went on to complain to Oravits that gun control efforts target “law-abiding people like you and me.”.........

It's funny how this guy said "It's black people", then says that liberals don't want to do anything about it, without stating what his proposed solution is to the black people problem.

It would be interesting to hear his final solution to this issue.

This is what chaps my hide.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

The fact that the third word of the amendment says the government can regulate arms is exactly what it says gets lost in any discussion.

That is why I can't even talk to most people about it because they want to ignore the first part that is obviously important because it is first.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom