Now is not the time to talk about gun control (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

The M4 is the military version of the AR-15. That is one of the reasons why it is so popular, the M4 (and its variants) being the standard weapon of the U.S. armed forces. It isn't designed to rip human flesh apart anymore than any other rifle, being an MCX, AUG, ACR, UZI, etc. which all can shoot the same 5.56 round as the AR-15 clones.

I am no gun expert by any means, but the "demonizing" of AR-15's is misguided. It just happens to be the most popular rifle in the U.S. because the U.S. armed forces use it, there are a gazillion parts you can get for them to personalize them, and are more readily available because they are so popular. But if you remove the AR-15 clones of the market, it doesn't mean someone who wants to shoot people can't get other rifles that would do as good a job, and the supply/demand for those will go up accordingly.

Don't get me wrong, though, I am not saying that we shouldn't do anything, but we need to be informed to take an effective course of action.
    Very few people are murdered by rifles .
    There are about 500 deaths per year in the usa from rifles of all linds. When you do the math and subtract accidental shootings and suicides you cut that number in half and then sub the non ar 15 deaths .
    About 1700 a year die from knives and another 1700 are beat to death ising hands and feet .
    Man, it looks like you’re reading off the talking points memo from ten years ago.

No one buys this bullshirt any more. Head over to Fox to get the most recently focus-grouped bullshirt.
    first thas as true then as it is now and blaming he gun .

here read this and learn something

Very few people are murdered by rifles .
    There are about 500 deaths per year in the usa from rifles of all linds. When you do the math and subtract accidental shootings and suicides you cut that number in half and then sub the non ar 15 deaths .
    About 1700 a year die from knives and another 1700 are beat to death ising hands and feet .

first thas as true then as it is now and blaming he gun .

here read this and learn something
    liberals be like blame the gun blame trump blame republicans blame Putin , yet they have the highest prices for gas and food and rent in their states highest crime rates biggest ghettos most corruption but its every ones fault but theirs . Sound like they have a lot in common with Putin and Adolph .

The gun is the common denominator. Did you forget the context of your comment?

The stupid argument that guns don’t kill people is not one adults should be making, and we’re past entertaining people who try to make it.
    nope crazy peoplev the gun didnt make them do it their demented mind did . You think they went out and got a GUN and it made them want to kill . common sense man

nope crazy peoplev the gun didnt make them do it their demented mind did . You think they went out and got a GUN and it made them want to kill . common sense man

Like I said, we’re past arguing about simple minded BS.

The police weren’t too afraid to go in because there was a crazy person inside.

MI State Sen Mallory McMorrow is quickly becoming one of my favorite politician. Yes, she's reading a scripted response, but it's her own script.

MI State Sen Mallory McMorrow is quickly becoming one of my favorite politician. Yes, she's reading a scripted response, but it's her own script.

That was powerful. It made me cry imagining my own child. That needs to be seen by everyone.

liberals be like blame the gun blame trump blame republicans blame Putin , yet they have the highest prices for gas and food and rent in their states highest crime rates biggest ghettos most corruption but its every ones fault but theirs . Sound like they have a lot in common with Putin and Adolph .
    The problem with America is that we apparently have 63 year olds who think and write like this...

There is almost zero true things in this mess of a post.

just going to leave this here

also, this went about as bad as one might imagine

What a bunch of forking psychopaths.

There is almost zero true things in this mess of a post.
    You mean its a lie that biden blamed trump and republicans and putin for high gas prices and inflation . how this sound . i post vids and articles proving it . but we bet if I can prove it you apologize and never post on this forum again . And if i cant prove it. I never post again.
    So man up or shut up.

You mean its a lie that biden blamed trump and republicans and putin for high gas prices and inflation . how this sound . i post vids and articles proving it . but we bet if I can prove it you apologize and never post on this forum again . And if i cant prove it. I never post again.
    So man up or shut up.
    It sounds like you can't even comprehend what your own posts say. No-one is going to play stupid games with you, especially not now and not in this thread. Give it a rest already.

No the problem is liberals who create problems then blame others
    This isn’t Facebook, man. You’re going to have to try harder to make a coherent argument or quit wasting our time.

Some punctuation wouldn’t hurt, either.

"San Francisco Giants manager Gabe Kapler will no longer stand with his team for the national anthem until he "feels better about the direction of our country" in the wake of the Texas school shooting on Tuesday that left 19 students and two teachers dead.

Kapler spoke with reporters ahead of Friday’s game against the Cincinnati Reds to explain his choice not to participate in the national anthem, a decision he first revealed in a lengthy blog post earlier in the day. "

Last edited:

Gag! I watched 10 seconds of that Huffpo video of that, yuck, spit, pew!

I needed an ear wash. Fortunately I knew where an ear wash was. Here it is in case anyone else needs it after that:

So man up or shut up.

If you promise to never post again, I'll take this bet. You can't prove Democrats are to blame for inflation or high gas prices. Some of the biggest drivers for both are international: European sanctions, China's zero covid policy causing more global supply chain issues.

I feel like a lot of boomers have American exceptionalism so baked into their ideology. They forget it's a world economy now.

In fact, one of the most interesting things happening right now is the break down of globalization. We could/should probably make a thread discussing the idea that capitalism will eventually turn authoritarian countries like Russia, and China into democracies is wrong. That the entire west is rethinking this, and turning their back on Russia, and China. You hear terms like "near-shoring", and "friend-shoring" as this idea takes hold in the business community.

So please stop posting.

So man up or shut up.
    Stand down, you cannot prove anything you said in the post I quoted. And you immediately changed the goalposts with this post replying to me. So quit with the schoolyard bully tactics. You don’t get to say who posts here.

You shouldn’t spout such nonsense. The people on this forum are too smart and well-read to fall for any of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom