Voting Law Proposals and Voting Rights Efforts (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    This is, IMO, going to be a big topic in the coming year. Republicans have stated their aim to make voting more restrictive in just about every state where they have the means to do so. Democrats would like to pass the Voting Rights Bill named after John Lewis. I’m going to go look up the map of all the states which have pending legislation to restrict voting. Now that we have the election in the rear view, I thought we could try to make this a general discussion thread, where people who have concerns about voting abuses can post as well and we can discuss it from both sides. Please keep memes out of this thread and put them in the boards where we go to talk about the other side, lol.

Because he will sometimes actually respond in an earnest manner. I appreciated that he was willing to specify that he suspected the mail in ballots, and I do think he will respond to reasoned arguments. People like him, and I have some in my extended family, aren’t really Q, but they believe what they’re told by people they respect without checking up on the actual feasibility of it.

When people actually look at what would have to happen for the election to have been made fraudulent, they will see how silly it is. 🤞🏻
    Or...they won't because reasons.

Shocked i tell you.....
    The recorded messages “falsely warned people that if they voted by mail that their information could be used by law enforcement, collection agencies” and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention “for the purposes of pursuing old warrants, collecting outstanding debts, and tracking people for mandatory vaccines,” Mr. O’Malley’s office said.

I’m hearing this is a big deal. The judge discussed it further in the thread.

And it wouldn’t just be a few postal employees - somebody has to research the ballot, and order the fake ballots to be printed up. Somebody has to figure out which ballots to switch and forge signatures - if they can even figure out what someone’s signatures look like. How would they do that? Without any print shop employee or even a low-level person coming forward to provide the proof? Over 3-5 states, all done simultaneously? This would have to be a huge operation.

See, you make a pretty solid case about why it's impossible for the votes to have been switched at the post office. And you did it while ignoring several other issues.

Let's say the makeup of the post office employees at a particular location are 60% democrat, 40% republican, and that location has 54 employees working in the mail sorting room for three 8 hour shifts. That means there are 18 employees on each shift. 12 of them are democrat and 6 are republican. If HALF of the democrat employees decided to work together and change votes, that means that 6 of the 18 employees on a shift would have to be in on the scheme. But, it also means that 12 of the employees are not in on it. So the question here is....are those 6 employees going to risk going to jail to change a handful of votes? Realistically, how many votes are they going to be able to change? 20 per shift? So, over a three week voting period, they will get to change 300 votes. In what race would 300 votes have changed the outcome of the presidential race? The idea that people are going to risk going to jail to do something that is almost impossible to get away with, and that won't have any effect if they do get away with it is silly.

Oh...and you forgot something in your analysis. The ballots have barcodes that identify the ballot. The ballot forgers are going to have to also create barcodes for their ballots that will be recognized by the machine and counted, and that won't match up to any other barcodes that are out there.

That's what the "people from the WH" said? lol

Does the Trump-appointed director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (a branch of the DHS) count?

Get over yourself.

Something about a pot and a kettle seems appropriate here.

I don't know how switches took place, but all they would've had to do is go to key areas in battleground states and get with the right employees. Trump's "hand-picked executive" can't be everywhere at once, and we both know that not every single employee of the USPS is a Trump supporter (it's probably a small percentage of them anyways) so that leaves all kinds of employees who would leap at the opportunity to cheat.

Would it help if independent groups examined every single piece of hardware and every bit of software, code, logs, etc. to make sure nothing nefarious happened?

I don't believe you, and that's the problem.

This might be the most accurate thing you've said on this board. Your inability to acknowledge reality is quite a problem.

The AG and DOJ investigating anything outside of the DNC is a total joke, so we can't rely on them, ever.

The election was a fraud. The US needs to get off mail-in ballots except for special cases, like in the past.

You realize that there are states that have been using mail-in ballots almost exclusively for years now and they have no issues with security, right?

See, you make a pretty solid case about why it's impossible for the votes to have been switched at the post office. And you did it while ignoring several other issues.

Let's say the makeup of the post office employees at a particular location are 60% democrat, 40% republican, and that location has 54 employees working in the mail sorting room for three 8 hour shifts. That means there are 18 employees on each shift. 12 of them are democrat and 6 are republican. If HALF of the democrat employees decided to work together and change votes, that means that 6 of the 18 employees on a shift would have to be in on the scheme. But, it also means that 12 of the employees are not in on it. So the question here is....are those 6 employees going to risk going to jail to change a handful of votes? Realistically, how many votes are they going to be able to change? 20 per shift? So, over a three week voting period, they will get to change 300 votes. In what race would 300 votes have changed the outcome of the presidential race? The idea that people are going to risk going to jail to do something that is almost impossible to get away with, and that won't have any effect if they do get away with it is silly.

Oh...and you forgot something in your analysis. The ballots have barcodes that identify the ballot. The ballot forgers are going to have to also create barcodes for their ballots that will be recognized by the machine and counted, and that won't match up to any other barcodes that are out there.
    Oh, and not only that, which is a great point: I was also thinking that all these switched ballots actually have to belong to a registered voter. And if and when that voter shows up to the polls or requests a mail-in ballot themselves the whole game is up.

Does the Trump-appointed director of the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (a branch of the DHS) count?
    Not really. The situation has gotten so polarizing (which is a good thing) that it's difficult to really know who he can trust.
    Something about a pot and a kettle seems appropriate here.
    I'm not the one obsessing over Donald Trump. ;)
    Would it help if independent groups examined every single piece of hardware and every bit of software, code, logs, etc. to make sure nothing nefarious happened?
    Nope. It's better to keep mail in ballots to a minimum. We let the cheats slip past us last time, so the best we can do now is make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again.
    This might be the most accurate thing you've said on this board. Your inability to acknowledge reality is quite a problem.
    That fact that I've found that nothing you say is believable? We're in 100% agreement there.
    You realize that there are states that have been using mail-in ballots almost exclusively for years now and they have no issues with security, right?
    Yes, I do realize that. What you don't seem to realize is that the majority of voters in this last election used mail in ballots, and the democrats have never been more desperate to defeat an opponent than they have with Donald Trump. THAT is where the problem lies.

So, a widespread conspiracy to commit wire and mail fraud. Name one case where a conviction happened related to this.
    I'll name several where we believe mail fraud could have taken place, and that is key areas in battleground states.

Again, we just have to curtail the mass mail in ballots and that problem will be resolved.

I'll name several where we believe mail fraud could have taken place, and that is key areas in battleground states.

Again, we just have to curtail the mass mail in ballots and that problem will be resolved.
    In your own words on another thread " if they actually broken laws why haven't they been convicted"?
    Thats multiple times you have contridicted yourself n seperate threads.. i know ts hard to keep track of the massive trolling..

So which is it?

1666800667756.png

In your own words on another thread " if they actually broken laws why haven't they been convicted"?
    Thats multiple times you have contridicted yourself n seperate threads.. i know ts hard to keep track of the massive trolling..

So which is it?
    I've mostly backed off. Anti-Trimpers should do the same with Trump.

I've mostly backed off. Anti-Trimpers should do the same with Trump.
    mostly backed off? you posted that like AN HOUR AGO....

I have no doubt you'll be banned before long. Trolls don't ususally last long with Andrus in charge.
    I am pretty sure you are already one of the posters who has already been banned. this is possibly your 3rd profile.. I'll just let you keeps acting like a fool and get banned, then wait for you to come back with a new profile...

mostly backed off? you posted that like AN HOUR AGO....
    I mean in general.

When I'm talking about election fraud/election denying it's usually in response to someone else's comments. I never initiate conversations on this subject.

Where I stand is that I believe the election was stolen, but I recognize there isn't any proof to substantiate that belief, so I've decided to stop initiating arguments and look forward to 2024.

The bottom line is, you stop talking about this stuff and I will stop too.

I mean in general.

When I'm talking about election fraud/election denying it's usually in response to someone else's comments. I never initiate conversations on this subject.

Where I stand is that I believe the election was stolen, but I recognize there isn't any proof to substantiate that belief, so I've decided to stop initiating arguments and look forward to 2024.

The bottom line is, you stop talking about this stuff and I will stop too.
    So you want me to stop talking about people trying to take away voting rights by lying about voting fraud, in a thread about people trying to take away voting rights?
    1666802969950.png

I'll stop talking about when they quit saying the have proof of voting fraud when they have none. Which, has been proven they have none...

So you want me to stop talking about people trying to take away voting rights by lying about voting fraud, in a thread about people trying to take away voting rights?
    1666802969950.png
    Do you think that's what I've been saying? that I don't want you to keep your posts germane to the op? Point out where I said that I don't want you to keep your posts germane to this thread.

Of course, you won't be able to do that because that's not what i've been referring to. I've been talking about my belief that the presidential election was stolen from Donald Trump. But since that isn't germane to the op, I will stop talking about it even if you can't control yourself.

Oh, and this is my first time, ever, on this thread. ;)

Who gives a sheet what you believe. I want to see actual cases, otherwise you don't have a leg to stand on. We don't change laws and rules because we think something is happening, but rather based on what actually is happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom