New Hampshire Primary 2024 (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    This thread is obviously for anything relating to the 2024 New Hampshire Primary

The thing that makes people buy into "The Big Lie" is the :mail in voting" for people who are healthy and perfectly capable of voting in person.
    Everyone on here 2 years ago was all over me for saying that but two years later there are still so many MAGAs who believe the big lie.
    I mean....I went to bed after midnight on election night and Trump was comfortably ahead in PA...then I woke up in the morning and bags and bags of Biden votes were found and counted and Trump lost.
    IF the country would go back to having people who can't get to the polls to vote in person....just allow THOSE people mail their votes...and everybody who CAN get to the polls vote in person....then the MAGAs won't be able to spin their lies in the future.
    But hey....that too logical and too simple.
    Naturally everyone will condemn me for stating this idea.
    Oversees?...mail it in
    Disabled?.....mail it in
    No transportation?...mail it in
    None of the above?.....go to the polls.
    The hell with that, I like mail in voting, or early voting. And many states, who allow early voting, in person, can't tabulate those votes until election day. The idea that this should be instantaneous is just silly.

I like mail in voting, because it gives me time to read everything, do research, etc. I mean, do you know 15 county/district judges? How much time in advance do you study everything that will be on the ballot for your voting precinct?

@coldseat and @MT15 ....YOU TWO and additionally most other reasonable people feel that "mail in voting" is secure.
    I'm trying to HELP YOU "get into the minds" of the MAGAs and I'm telling you...THEY don't think mail in voting is secure.
    They imagine paper votes that are not legitimate and that some of the people handling the opening of those envelopes are wanting Biden to win. In their minds these envelope openers are potentially "putting their thumbs on the scales of justice" . They are "in the bag" for Biden.
    It does not matter if its been "proven" that their concerns are not true.
    They....don't ....believe the people who say that their concerns have been "proven" to be not true.
    If Trump tells YOU he knows something to be "true" and YOU in your gut are thinking this thing Trump says is "true" is certainly NOT TRUE...are you gonna be swayed because Trump told you there is "proof" that his statement is "true"?
    ............They are as dismissive of the government's "proof" as you would be of Trump's "proof".
    Both sides of the country don't trust each other. What a mess!

So again....I'm pointing out that prior to Covid this distrust in mail in voting was never an issue. There was NO lack of faith in the system. No bags of votes for Biden that were counted while we were sleeping.
    If we as a country went back to whatever we were doing in 2016 the perception by MAGAs would be resolved.
    That's all I'm trying to point out.
    I don't think it's a worthy effort to try to worry too much about stupid people. Some of these folks also think the Moon landing was fake, or the Earth is flat.

The thing that makes people buy into "The Big Lie" is the :mail in voting" for people who are healthy and perfectly capable of voting in person.
    Everyone on here 2 years ago was all over me for saying that but two years later there are still so many MAGAs who believe the big lie.
    I mean....I went to bed after midnight on election night and Trump was comfortably ahead in PA...then I woke up in the morning and bags and bags of Biden votes were found and counted and Trump lost.
    IF the country would go back to having people who can't get to the polls to vote in person....just allow THOSE people mail their votes...and everybody who CAN get to the polls vote in person....then the MAGAs won't be able to spin their lies in the future.
    Oversees?...mail it in
    Disabled?.....mail it in
    Until 2020, Republicans LOVED the idea of mail-in and early voting, because it historically favored Republicans (military, elderly, and other early voters tended Republican by 65-70%).

During COVID (2020), this flipped to favor Democrats by as much as 75%. Once these results were seen, all Republicans who had voted in some cases only a few years prior to expanding early voting, mail in voting, and drop box voting almost to a man switched their votes and claimed those types of votes were corrupt or easily fraudulent.

It's obvious that their objection wasn't security of those votes, but the demographics of those votes.

Oversees?...mail it in
    Disabled?.....mail it in

Why stop at voting?

If a store within 20 miles sells what you want to buy get your lazy arse in the car and get it yourself

Same day delivery? Not in my day
    You want same day go get it

If you order online there is a tiny minuscule chance your package ends up on someone else’s porch.

Zero chance of you putting it in someone else’s trunk

I demand shopping go back to the way it was, it worked just fine the way it was thank you very much

hahahahahahaha
    You people get so worked up by my sharing insights into the minds of the MAGAs
    THIS is my last post on this topic.
    Quote me more if you want.
    I'll not be looking or responding.

Why stop at voting?

If a store within 20 miles sells what you want to buy get your lazy arse in the car and get it yourself

Same day delivery? Not in my day
    You want same day go get it

If you order online there is a tiny minuscule chance your package ends up on someone else’s porch.

Zero chance of you putting it in someone else’s trunk

I demand shopping go back to the way it was, it worked just fine the way it was thank you very much

I bet he doesnt pay his water bill at the Water Company.

Or his Electric Bill at the Electric company HQ.
    Or his cell phone bill at his provider store.

I mean, this line of thinking is simply antiquated. Its become " back in my day we had to STAND in LINE for 3 hours to cast our vote, in snow, shoeless"

Well clearly I'm wrong.
    Yet our time here should not be viewed as wasted.
    If you just couldn't understand what "those people are thinking"...maybe now you have a better understanding.

You couldn't be more wrong.....the majority of the time.....

"What those people are thinking" is anything their Orange savior says....full stop....a better understanding? It's actually one of the few things I understand about those gullible, cultish idiots.....

They found where the AI of Biden for the fake phone message came from.

And the illegal election interference begins. There is a group of Democrats urging D voters to write in Joe Biden on Tuesday, as he isn’t on the ballot. Someone sent a robocall faking Biden’s voice telling them not to vote.

(Reuters) - A fake robocall imitating President Joe Biden's voice and attempting to dissuade people from voting for him in New Hampshire's primary election has been traced back to Texas-based Life Corporation, the state attorney general said on Tuesday.

The attorney general, John Formella, told a news conference in Concord, New Hampshire, that a cease-and-desist letter has been sent to Life Corporation, run by Walter Monk, and a criminal investigation is under way.

"We are committed to keeping our elections free and fair," Formella said, noting that the robocall appeared to be an attempt to use artificial intelligence to interfere with New Hampshire's Democratic primary election.

Biden won the Jan. 23 nominating contest by a wide margin despite being a write-in candidate.

Life Corp did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Formella said the robocall was made on Jan. 21 to thousands of Democratic voters and was being investigated as an attempt to suppress voting in the nominating contest..........

(Reuters) - A fake robocall imitating President Joe Biden's voice and attempting to dissuade people from voting for him in New Hampshire's primary election has been traced back to Texas-based Life Corporation, the state attorney general said on Tuesday.

The attorney general, John Formella, told a news conference in Concord, New Hampshire, that a cease-and-desist letter has been sent to Life Corporation, run by Walter Monk, and a criminal investigation is under way.

"We are committed to keeping our elections free and fair," Formella said, noting that the robocall appeared to be an attempt to use artificial intelligence to interfere with New Hampshire's Democratic primary election.

Biden won the Jan. 23 nominating contest by a wide margin despite being a write-in candidate.

Life Corp did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Formella said the robocall was made on Jan. 21 to thousands of Democratic voters and was being investigated as an attempt to suppress voting in the nominating contest..........

What happened to the texas company?
    ==========================

NEW ORLEANS — A Democratic consultant who worked for a rival presidential campaign paid a New Orleans magician to use artificial intelligence to impersonate President Joe Biden for a robocall that is now at the center of a multistate law enforcement investigation, according to text messages, call logs and Venmo transactions the creator shared with NBC News.

Paul Carpenter says he was hired in January by Steve Kramer — who was working on ballot access for Democratic presidential candidate Dean Phillips — to use AI software to make an imitation of Biden’s voice urging New Hampshire Democrats not to vote in the state’s presidential primary.

“I created the audio used in the robocall. I did not distribute it,” Carpenter said in an interview in New Orleans, where he is currently residing. “I was in a situation where someone offered me some money to do something, and I did it. There was no malicious intent. I didn’t know how it was going to be distributed.”

Carpenter — who holds world records in fork-bending and straitjacket escapes, but has no fixed address — showed NBC News how he created the fake Biden audio and said he came forward because he regrets his involvement in the ordeal and wants to warn people about how easy it is to use AI to mislead.

Creating the fake audio took less than 20 minutes and cost only $1, he said, for which he was paid $150, according to Venmo payments from Kramer and his father, Bruce Kramer, he shared.

“It’s so scary that it’s this easy to do,” Carpenter said. “People aren’t ready for it.”

Carpenter shared what he says is the original audio file created with Eleven Labs that appears to be a complete and higher quality version of the recording of the call NBC News previously reported.

The robocall has drawn intense attention from New Hampshire and federal law enforcement officials for possibly violating state voter suppression and federal telecom laws. Officials have mentioned the name of a Dallas company that was used to place the automatic phone calls to voters ahead of the state’s primary and have vowed to investigate, citing a desire to make an example of those involved in the first known example of an AI-generated deepfake being deployed maliciously in an American political campaign. Authorities have not named Carpenter or Steve Kramer as targets of their investigation...........

A political operative and two companies that facilitated a fake robocall using AI to impersonate Joe Biden should be required to pay thousands of dollars in damages and should be barred from taking similar future actions, a group of New Hampshire voters and a civic action group said in a federal lawsuit filed on Thursday.

The suit comes weeks after Steve Kramer, a political operative, admitted that he was behind the robocall that spoofed Biden’s voice on the eve of the New Hampshire primary and urged Democrats in the state not to vote.

Kramer was working for Biden’s challenger Dean Phillips, but Phillips’s campaign said he had nothing to do with the call and Kramer has said he did it as an act of civil disobedience to draw attention to the dangers of AI in elections. The incident may have been the first time AI was used to interfere in a US election.

Lawyers for the plaintiffs – three New Hampshire voters who received the calls and the League of Women Voters, a voting rights group – said they believed it was the first lawsuit of its kind seeking redress for using AI in robocalls in elections. The New Hampshire attorney general’s office is investigating the matter.

Two Texas companies, Life Corporation and Lingo Telecom, also helped facilitate the calls.

“If Defendants are not permanently enjoined from deploying AI-generated robocalls, there is a strong likelihood that it will happen again,” the lawsuit says.

The plaintiffs say Kramer and the two companies violated a provision of the Voting Rights Act that prohibits voter intimidation as well a ban in the Telephone Consumer Protection Act on delivering a prerecorded call to someone without their consent. They also say the calls violated New Hampshire state laws that require disclosure of the source of politically related calls.

The plaintiffs are seeking up to $7,500 in damages for each plaintiff that received a call that violated federal and state law. The recorded call was sent to anywhere between 5,000 and 25,000 people.….

A political operative and two companies that facilitated a fake robocall using AI to impersonate Joe Biden should be required to pay thousands of dollars in damages and should be barred from taking similar future actions, a group of New Hampshire voters and a civic action group said in a federal lawsuit filed on Thursday.

The suit comes weeks after Steve Kramer, a political operative, admitted that he was behind the robocall that spoofed Biden’s voice on the eve of the New Hampshire primary and urged Democrats in the state not to vote.

Kramer was working for Biden’s challenger Dean Phillips, but Phillips’s campaign said he had nothing to do with the call and Kramer has said he did it as an act of civil disobedience to draw attention to the dangers of AI in elections. The incident may have been the first time AI was used to interfere in a US election.

Lawyers for the plaintiffs – three New Hampshire voters who received the calls and the League of Women Voters, a voting rights group – said they believed it was the first lawsuit of its kind seeking redress for using AI in robocalls in elections. The New Hampshire attorney general’s office is investigating the matter.

Two Texas companies, Life Corporation and Lingo Telecom, also helped facilitate the calls.

“If Defendants are not permanently enjoined from deploying AI-generated robocalls, there is a strong likelihood that it will happen again,” the lawsuit says.

The plaintiffs say Kramer and the two companies violated a provision of the Voting Rights Act that prohibits voter intimidation as well a ban in the Telephone Consumer Protection Act on delivering a prerecorded call to someone without their consent. They also say the calls violated New Hampshire state laws that require disclosure of the source of politically related calls.

The plaintiffs are seeking up to $7,500 in damages for each plaintiff that received a call that violated federal and state law. The recorded call was sent to anywhere between 5,000 and 25,000 people.….

Nail them to the wall. They have to send a message on the first one, otherwise copy cats will spread like wildfire. Make the next person/group think twice before doing the same.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom