NAS Pensacola Shooting (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

reubenray

Reaction score
    I am surprised there is not already a post about this. I am sure there are a lot of political comments to be made about this. My feeling is there needs to be something changed to restrict foreigners for doing harm to Americans.

This hits close to home being we live just across the border in Alabama. The training planes fly over our house almost daily. I am wondering how many of these planes have Saudi's on them. Where I live at (RV Resort) about a third of my neighbors are retired military and go the base a lot. The Walmart that we go to is right outside one of the base gates.

My nephew-in-law (Captain-Air Force) took my wife and I on a tour there last summer just prior to being sent to Hawaii. They were at Pearl Harbor when that shooting happened.

The Saudis have been the primary bad actor in the Middle East for decades.

Trump isn’t the first president to let the Saudis get away with murder, but he’s taken it to a whole nother level.

We should not have Saudis training as pilots in the US post 911.

Saudis fly airplanes into buildings, and I have to take my shoes off to get on a flight, but we’re still training Saudis to be pilots..,

A U.S. official says that Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani, the Saudi aviation officer who killed three people and wounded more Friday at Naval Air Station Pensacola, hosted a dinner party the night before to watch mass shooting videos, The Associated Press reported.

Alshamrani opened fire inside a classroom Friday morning.

The official also told the AP that authorities say one Saudi student was recording outside the building where the shooting took place and that 10 Saudi students are being held at the base while others are unaccounted for.

Well that's a bit disconcerting to read when you live here.

We were in Pensacola yesterday after the shooting was over. There were still a lot of Sheriff Department vehicles on the road. My concern is are these Saudis flying these training plains. If so they could do a lot of harm by crashing them.

This will force Trump to take action against the Saudis, imo. He should have taken action when MBS had a US permanent legal resident with an American wife and American children killed and chopped into pieces.

I admit something must be done, but Trump is not the only one to blame for the Saudis being there at the base. Changes should have been made after 9/11.

I went to US Navy Basic Electricity and Electronics with members of the Iranian Royal Air Force back in the 1970s. They loved to pose and take each other's pictures gathered around Corvettes in the parking lots.

Manuel Noriega' picture was among the graduates of courses for foreign military leaders held at the US. Army Command General Staff College. My Military History instructor made a point of taking us down the hall to see it.

I'd wager that in Saudi Arabia right now, the families of the Saudi students at that school are under royal guard, undergoing enhanced interrogation. I'd also wager we will never hear exactly what happens to them.

I was in A school in Millington, TN (before all aviation schools for the Navy and Marine Corps moved to Pensacola) back in 1993 and we had a Saudi student there. He was a Peice of work and we all hated him.

I also live near Pensacola, people are pretty angry about Trump's response supporting the Saudis. If I could drop a bomb on one country, it would be Saudi Arabia. Also, let us not forget Trump wants to sell them nuclear technology.

I was in A school in Millington, TN (before all aviation schools for the Navy and Marine Corps moved to Pensacola) back in 1993 and we had a Saudi student there. He was a Peice of work and we all hated him.

All of the Saudis I have met have been useless.

This will force Trump to take action against the Saudis, imo. He should have taken action when MBS had a US permanent legal resident with an American wife and American children killed and chopped into pieces.
    Doubt it. He tweeted praise to the Saudi King after the shooting. Also, 6 of the other Saudi students in that class were involved with the filming of the shooting.

Too much money to be lost with Saudi Arabia so nothing will happen. Dem or Repubs do nothing to them.

The bodies aren't even cold and the focus becomes how this is going to hurt Trump? :jpshakehead:

The bodies aren't even cold and the focus becomes how this is going to hurt Trump? :jpshakehead:
    My call out is to the US government in general. No one does anything to the Saudis because of the money. They purchase billions each year of military equipment. Weapons makers contribute equally to dems and repubs. Nothing is going to change. Obama or Clinton would do as little too. Doubt they would have tweeted to the Saudi Kimg but they would have made a thoughts and prayer equivalent message with no action against the Saudis.

My call out is to the US government in general. No one does anything to the Saudis because of the money. They purchase billions each year of military equipment. Weapons makers contribute equally to dems and repubs. Nothing is going to change. Obama or Clinton would do as little too. Doubt they would have tweeted to the Saudi Kimg but they would have made a thoughts and prayer equivalent message with no action against the Saudis.
    I am totally with you on this. :9:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom