NAS Pensacola Shooting (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

reubenray

Reaction score
    I am surprised there is not already a post about this. I am sure there are a lot of political comments to be made about this. My feeling is there needs to be something changed to restrict foreigners for doing harm to Americans.

This hits close to home being we live just across the border in Alabama. The training planes fly over our house almost daily. I am wondering how many of these planes have Saudi's on them. Where I live at (RV Resort) about a third of my neighbors are retired military and go the base a lot. The Walmart that we go to is right outside one of the base gates.

My nephew-in-law (Captain-Air Force) took my wife and I on a tour there last summer just prior to being sent to Hawaii. They were at Pearl Harbor when that shooting happened.

At least they won't be flying their training planes overhead for a while.

My guess is they will quietly let them back to training once things cool off. They are being trained to fly the Aircraft that the Saudis are paying billions for. Can't stop that pipeline.

We can train them there.
    Too expensive. I have to imagine part of the weapons deal includes being trained by US forces since we are the leading Air Force in the world. Not the same as sending trainers to Saudis Arabia. The cost to recreate the facilities available in Pensacola would be astronomical.
    The only other Air Force that is as rigorous as the US is Israel and you know they aren't training there. :)

They need to restrict them more and change the laws where they cannot get a pistol because they have a hunting license. Who hunts with just a pistol?

Maybe since they are here for a specific training purpose, they shouldn’t be allowed to have guns at all? Why should we permit them to have guns? They aren’t even permanent residents, right? No guns, they can own guns when they go back to their own country.

If we have to take off our shoes and belts before boarding a plane, they can do without hunting or owning guns while they are here.

They need to restrict them more and change the laws where they cannot get a pistol because they have a hunting license. Who hunts with just a pistol?

You're talking about gun control. Nobody around here is buying that and certainly if some white European from England wants a hand gun nobody has a problem with it. Some Muslim shoots someone and all of a sudden we're talking gun control in Florida where it's legal to open carry and 60% of the state wants to mandate teachers carrying in class.

You're talking about gun control. Nobody around here is buying that and certainly if some white European from England wants a hand gun nobody has a problem with it. Some Muslim shoots someone and all of a sudden we're talking gun control in Florida where it's legal to open carry and 60% of the state wants to mandate teachers carrying in class.

You not hearing me talk gun control. The way I see it, they are officers in the Saudi Military and are flying million dollar fighter jets... And live in an area of the world where children run in the streets with ak47's... I dont think any law would have stopped this.

With that said. This is again a situation where if you license the person it would have more effect than registering the gun. For example if he had to have a US gun license just to purchase a gun he could have at least not been able to have purchased this gun. Or he could have been stopped and searched and withno gun license if one was found, could have been taken and him arrested ahead of the incident.

You not hearing me talk gun control. The way I see it, they are officers in the Saudi Military and are flying million dollar fighter jets... And live in an area of the world where children run in the streets with ak47's... I dont think any law would have stopped this.

With that said. This is again a situation where if you license the person it would have more effect than registering the gun. For example if he had to have a US gun license just to purchase a gun he could have at least not been able to have purchased this gun. Or he could have been stopped and searched and withno gun license if one was found, could have been taken and him arrested ahead of the incident.
    Except a law would have stopped it. He used a loop hole to purchase the gun.

Except a law would have stopped it. He used a loop hole to purchase the gun.

This loop hole needs to be closed. As I said before who hunts with just a pistol? When I hunted I did not take my pistols with me. Maybe our laws should be different for foreigners?

Ok... there was no loophole. The Saudi had to pass a background check the same as everyone else... the only issue is that he is not covered by the 2nd amendmend by not being a US citizen... but the bottom line. He took a background check.... same as everyone else....

If it has been discussed I missed it - was this guy a pilot? As a student there, did have the capability of taking a jet and flying it into a building?

If it has been discussed I missed it - was this guy a pilot? As a student there, did have the capability of taking a jet and flying it into a building?
    Thats what i was thinking.... guns? Thank gosh he didnt let loose of some armed missles.

I don't know if it has been stated what his qualifications were. They train in single engine propellor planes over Foley/Elberta Alabama area before getting in jets. I think it is safe to say he was a pilot.

The guy who sold him the Glock is a convicted pedophile. Not sure how he got his FFL.

This is a good point. I would be fine if we just suspended the entire program. We don’t need to be selling arms to Saudi Arabia anyway. Maybe if we started being serious about who we sell arms to that would be a good thing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom