Nancy Pelosi's husband attacked in home (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

GrandAdmiral

Reaction score
    This could go in several threads but deserves one of its own. Apparently, the suspect got into the home and was looking for the Speaker. The police saw some of the attack and the spouse is in surgery. Social media accounts point to him being an election denier. This is pretty forked up.

You have a good point about his post. But, we really aren’t tribes, much as you want us to be. We are all just people who have different opinions. I think the rights’ takes on this have been especially egregious. The one I posted, plus plenty more speculating on worse things.

A punch between two grown men over a neighborhood dispute (even if it results in broken ribs), just isn’t the same as a home invasion with a hammer attack.

And, whatever he was years ago doesn’t really pertain to now. He seems to have recently gone the way of QAnon, stolen elections, and other right wing claptrap. Sorry, the right has to own this particular nut job. 🤷‍♀️

(BTW- the house in Berkeley with the BLM and rainbow flags isn’t his house.) it was an old address for him, IIRC. The current resident is no doubt thrilled that right wingers have taken to pushing that particular piece of disinformation.
    I would agree that one is a more crazy than the other.

Stolen elections is not just Q, that is how the left wants them to be perceived. The left is already claiming stolen elections in 2024.

I would say so, since a weapon was involved. But I don't think politics are aside with the reaction from the right or the left at this point.
    Yeah just on the face of it it's pretty obviously more severe given that there are additional aggravating factors at play when it's an intrusion into a home that results in an 82 year old man being attacked and injured with a hammer compared to a person without a weapon tackling and injuring an able-bodied male neighbor over a seemingly personal dispute.

I would agree that one is a more crazy than the other.

Stolen elections is not just Q, that is how the left wants them to be perceived. The left is already claiming stolen elections in 2024.
    No, they aren’t. What they are saying is truthful and grounded in reality. They are correctly pointing out that Rs are trying to make voting harder for democratic areas because it is exactly what is happening. Plus they are trying to harass and intimidate voters who are using drop boxes.

Don‘t try to pretend that they are alleging the crazy Q shirt that Rs are claiming. “Mules and tens of thousands of fake ballots”. That’s just not real - it hasn’t happened and it couldn’t happen.

It is definitely Q level conspiracy theory horse crap.

Thanks for the life tip. I wondered why they are usually correct when the mainsteam is so corrupt. Your right, it must be because of Shapiro. He is a great thinker for sure. Now I know where to get my news.
    I am curious how this plays out though. I am not too sure I would trust Vice either though. I would imagine he is a religious zealot. Just not buying a Christian one, maybe a lefty religious zealot is more likely.
    If Shapiro is your idea of a great thinker that explains a lot. Try Drudge. You just get links to everything without much, if anything, in the way of stilted opinions and half-performed research to fit a narrative to generate clicks.

The problem @Farb has is that this guy basically believes the exact same things he does about pretty much all major political topics.

I know right, your tribe is so horrible at hyprocracy, that it really bothers you enough to break TOS?

Can we now type LiKe ThIs NoW?

It is ok, I know it has been a long day for you.

How whiney do you have to be?

You come into thread about a elected official's spouse getting his literal brains beat in, and try some cringe whataboutism.

You get called out on, and start crying about ToS.

Grow up Farb.

You are not a victim.

Edit to add: This is the thread on Rand Paul from SR. Not a single attempt at whataboutism, no trolling the thread beyond making jokes about being a libertarian. It's not hard to be a decent human being.

Last edited:
    Fox News host Jesse Watters has criticised the police response to the attack on Nancy Pelosi's husband Paul because "a lot of people get attacked with hammers."……..

I haven’t even posted the worst of what I saw on Twitter. And it’s not that I see what some anonymous shirt poster puts out - unless it’s retweeted by a blue check mark. The worst of these comments and memes were retweeted by prominent Rs. Elected officials.

I'd also like to point out in a post in another thread some time ago I suggested (what is all but obvious except to those who bury their heads in the sand) that the rhetoric of the right would lead to a rise in political violence. Unsurprisingly, @SaintForLife 'chuckled' at that notion. Well... here we are. And it's only going to get worse.

yep, a sign of things to come

"Mr. Musk’s tweet was later deleted, and it was not immediately clear who had deleted it.

In a reply to Mrs. Clinton’s tweet, Mr. Musk wrote, “There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye” and then shared a link to an article in the Santa Monica Observer. The article alleges that Mr. Pelosi was drunk and in a fight with a male prostitute."

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/10/30/business/musk-tweets-hillary-clinton-pelosi-husband.html

The ”theory” has been debunked now by the police. It was completely unfounded to begin with and seems malicious actually.

You have a good point about his post. But, we really aren’t tribes, much as you want us to be. We are all just people who have different opinions. I think the rights’ takes on this have been especially egregious. The one I posted, plus plenty more speculating on worse things.

A punch between two grown men over a neighborhood dispute (even if it results in broken ribs), just isn’t the same as a home invasion with a hammer attack.

And, whatever he was years ago doesn’t really pertain to now. He seems to have recently gone the way of QAnon, stolen elections, and other right wing claptrap. Sorry, the right has to own this particular nut job. 🤷‍♀️

(BTW- the house in Berkeley with the BLM and rainbow flags isn’t his house.) it was an old address for him, IIRC. The current resident is no doubt thrilled that right wingers have taken to pushing that particular piece of disinformation.
    The Vice article said he no longer lived there. The article didn't say when he stopped living there, but it doesn't change the fact that he previously lived with a local nudist that had a BLM sign and an LGBT symbol.

SFL: that man has been down the right wing conspiracy rabbit holes for YEARS. I think I read it had been 8 years or so. His recent posts are full of Q, anti-semitism, replacement theory, anti-women, anti-LBGTQ, everything that the right is peddling these days. This guy on Twitter isn’t being forthcoming about the guys posts, like at all, he’s trying to cover up his right wing writings and emphasizing how years ago he was more left-fringe. He wouldn’t the the first person to go from far left to far right over the years. It would appear GamerGate led to his right wing radicalization - that was in 2014-2015.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom