Moderates that voted for Biden in Virginia are now voting Republican. (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Paul

Reaction score
    Latin American from Potomac, Maryland 20854
    The middle makes the difference once again. Why?

McAuliffe made an error with the school issue to appease the CRT crowd. A costly strategic error.

On another note CNN described Michelle Wu a moderate as the first woman of color to be mayor. The media recruiting minorities.
    210819_ForWebsite.png

Last edited:
    I wish it was some school thing. The overall driver is probably Biden's popularity, and Trump heavy messaging by Democrats. 2022 is already forecasted to be bad for Democrats. This should set off plenty of alarm bells.

Everything that happened under Trump's watch, was Trump's fault, whether or not that is fair. Everything that happens under Biden's watch, is Biden's fault, whether or not that is fair. That is just the way it is, currently, there is some rather nasty stuff happening under Biden's watch even though it's not ALL his fault. It is no different than a bunch of stuff that happens in a company, the CEO always gets the blame when it falls under his/her watch.

This election came at a pretty bad time.

I saw a poll that a pretty big percentage of voters in VA said neither Trump nor Biden influenced their vote. So, I don’t think we should draw too much national inference out of this state race. And which could be why the Democratic strategy of making the election about Trump didn’t work.

I think Terry didn’t run a particularly good campaign. He didn’t combat the lies told about CRT effectively. Youngkin didn’t mind telling those lies and pandering to the fears of people that something radical is being taught to school children (that just doesn’t exist). The media, like usual, gives too much attention to crackpot things like CRT. They acted like it was a legitimate issue, instead of made up fear-mongering. Still, it was up to the Democrats to counter the R lies, and they didn’t do it.

Youngkin also did a good job of keeping Trump away and out of his mouth. If Youngkin now governs like a Trumpist, I don’t think that will go over very well with the people of VA.

The one thing you cannot say is that this is a validation of the appeal of Trump, at least.

I saw a poll that a pretty big percentage of voters in VA said neither Trump nor Biden influenced their vote. So, I don’t think we should draw too much national inference out of this state race. And which could be why the Democratic strategy of making the election about Trump didn’t work.

I think Terry didn’t run a particularly good campaign. He didn’t combat the lies told about CRT effectively. Youngkin didn’t mind telling those lies and pandering to the fears of people that something radical is being taught to school children (that just doesn’t exist). The media, like usual, gives too much attention to crackpot things like CRT. They acted like it was a legitimate issue, instead of made up fear-mongering. Still, it was up to the Democrats to counter the R lies, and they didn’t do it.

Youngkin also did a good job of keeping Trump away and out of his mouth. If Youngkin now governs like a Trumpist, I don’t think that will go over very well with the people of VA.

The one thing you cannot say is that this is a validation of the appeal of Trump, at least.
    They do not teach CRT, but they are teaching little kids something that upsets the parents. McAuliffe then said the parents have no voice in the matter.

Moderates went big for Biden in 2020, but these guys are not crazy about the progressive agenda. they want a moderate trajectory .

I dislike that POC term too. Why not say Michelle Wu won and call it a day? Why try to classify people in that manner? I am old enough to remember the signs that red "bathrooms for people of color (or colored)". I have visceral dislike for the term.
    For clarity's sake, did CNN say "first colored woman" or "first woman of color"? And do you have a clip?

Moderates went big for Biden in 2020, but these guys are not crazy about the progressive agenda. they want a moderate trajectory .

We can debate many things about this, but one thing is for sure. Terry McAuliffe is not a progressive, nor does he have a progressive agenda. He is a Clinton ally to the highest degree. He is a moderate, and third way democrat.

For clarity's sake, did CNN say "first colored woman" or "first woman of color"? And do you have a clip?
    I did not record the TV show Brandon. However, I bet other left wing outlets likely described her as a woman of color. Whether they say colored or color makes no difference to me. I believe it is poor form.

They do not teach CRT, but they are teaching little kids something that upsets the parents. McAuliffe then said the parents have no voice in the matter.

Republicans don't do "moderate" anymore. They don't know how. Those days are over.

The fact that 147 Republicans voted on Jan 6 to steal the election from Biden proves that. And if the Democrats are smart, they need to keep talking about the Jan 6 insurrection every day between now and Nov 2022. Republicans must NEVER hold power in the Federal government again. They're too dangerous.

We can debate many things about this, but one thing is for sure. Terry McAuliffe is not a progressive, nor does he have a progressive agenda. He is a Clinton ally to the highest degree. He is a moderate, and third way democrat.

Yes, the Democrats were not smart to nominate McAuliffe. Way too moderate, way too Clinton.

And he is not a very good politician, either. McAuliffe should not have allowed Youngkin to turn this into debate about CRT and public school curriculum. He should have constantly been telling everyone what this really is -- racist dog whistles. And he should have done a lot more to link Youngkin to Trump.

Yes, the Democrats were not smart to nominate McAuliffe. Way too moderate, way too Clinton.

And he is not a very good politician, either. McAuliffe should not have allowed Youngkin to turn this into debate about CRT and public school curriculum. He should have constantly been telling everyone what this really is -- racist dog whistles. And he should have done a lot more to link Youngkin to Trump.

I agree with this, but I was just calling out Paul's obvious bias. He labeled Michelle Wu a moderate, and Terry McAuliffe a progressive. He mislabeled the candidates on purpose to create a narrative that aligned with his world view.

Edit to add: This would be like saying Neera Tanden withdrawing her nomination for OMB was a blow to progressives. It's laughable in it's characterization.

Republicans don't do "moderate" anymore. They don't know how. Those days are over.

The fact that 147 Republicans voted on Jan 6 to steal the election from Biden proves that. And if the Democrats are smart, they need to keep talking about the Jan 6 insurrection every day between now and Nov 2022. Republicans must NEVER hold power in the Federal government again. They're too dangerous.
    Shall I say my favorite word?

We need to avoid tribalism.

I am a registered independent and I know moderate Republicans and Democrats that are not that different from each other.

I think having Weingarten speak was the nail in the coffin for his campaign. He brought in all the big Dem players and he still got destroyed. I think parents especially didn't like the message that 'they are not your kids, they are our kids'.

I hope the Dems keep preaching 1.6, racism and Trump. It is a winning recipe for the new republican party that is starting to emerge.

I don't get how an experienced politician could say something as stupid as "We need fewer white teachers". Saying "We need more diversity among our teachers", means the same thing without feeding into your opponents narrative.

Don't say we have too many white teachers. That is going to piss off some white teachers.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom