Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

A media under control of a corporation.
    All social media outlets are under control of corporations.

There is no electronic (television, radio, internet) media outlet that is not under control of a corporation.

The only exceptions are PBS, CSPAN, and state, county and city owned public broadcasters.

If we can't trust any media outlets under control of a corporation, then the only electronic media outlets we can trust are PBS, CSPAN, and state, county and city owned public broadcasters.

The people who keep claiming we can't trust any media outlet under control of any corporation constantly quote media outlets that are under control of corporations to "prove" that we can't trust what media outlets under control of corporations say.

That inherent contradiction shows the people making the arguments are just trying to exploit the natural distrust that people have toward corporations to get them to not trust the truth when they see it. If these people honestly believed that media outlets owned by corporations can't be trusted, they wouldn't keep trusting and quoting from media outlets under the control of corporations.

It's another lie told to try to keep people from seeing and accepting the actual truth.

Truth is not on their side that is why they desperately try every trick they can to keep people from seeing it.

Please see through their thinly veiled rhetorical slight of hand that no "corporate media" can be trusted, or strictly hold them to their own standards by not trusting anything said by the "corporate media" that they constantly quote.

Last edited:
    This is the reason why it’s important to pay attention when Trump says he will prosecute political rivals, and when he says he wants to stifle First Amendment rights. SFL has a foolish talking point that we should ignore these threats because they haven’t happened yet. Well, they are already having and have had actual effects for years. A lot of people, when threatened, tend to self-censor. This is but the latest example. It’s beyond foolish to ignore Trump’s threats. We know he will act on them. He used Barr to quash his criminal obstruction of justice with the full weight of the DOJ. He used the IRS to go after two perceived enemies from the FBI. He used a mob to attempt to intimidate Congress. We have to take these threats seriously.

Waters is dumb. I didn’t realize how stupid he actually is.

Waters is dumb. I didn’t realize how stupid he actually is.

Not to mention that there are very few fast food workers making $20/hour. Maybe in a few limited markets where cost of living is very high, but not throughout the US and especially not in southern states. Their managers don't even make that much.

But way to punch down and find the real problem Jesse. :rolleyes:

Not to mention that there are very few fast food workers making $20/hour. Maybe in a few limited markets where cost of living is very high, but not throughout the US and especially not in southern states. Their managers don't even make that much.

But way to punch down and find the real problem Jesse. :rolleyes:
    I think he’s probably talking about California, where I believe they have a $20 rate recently in place.

A media under control of a corporation. It's the same answer no matter how many times you ask.

I hate to be the one to inform you that one of your favorite unreliable media sources, The New York Post, is owned by a company called "News Corporation". I don't think you can get any more corporate than that, lol.

@SaintForLife says something stupid.

Someone points out that it’s stupid. ***YOU ARE HERE***

@SaintForLife responds by posting an unrelated Twitter article.

Repeat.

I hate to be the one to inform you that one of your favorite unreliable media sources, The New York Post, is owned by a company called "News Corporation". I don't think you can get any more corporate than that, lol.
    Wow, I had no idea they were owned by a corporation. How did you figure that out?

Define corporate media.
    The deflection is strong. I guess I would try to talk about anything else besides the current senior NPR editor and NPR employee of 25 years exposing NPR for being the partisan Democrats that many have pointed out over the years.

The way he talked about how NPR covered Trump/Russia, Hunter's laptop and Covid is exactly how the rest of the media covered it.

The supposed credible media aren't credible at all and that why a majority of non Democrat don't find the media credible.

This is the reason why it’s important to pay attention when Trump says he will prosecute political rivals, and when he says he wants to stifle First Amendment rights. SFL has a foolish talking point that we should ignore these threats because they haven’t happened yet. Well, they are already having and have had actual effects for years. A lot of people, when threatened, tend to self-censor. This is but the latest example. It’s beyond foolish to ignore Trump’s threats. We know he will act on them. He used Barr to quash his criminal obstruction of justice with the full weight of the DOJ. He used the IRS to go after two perceived enemies from the FBI. He used a mob to attempt to intimidate Congress. We have to take these threats seriously.

Seriously? You post this kind of thing while the Biden DOJ and two Democrat prosecutors are trying to jail Biden’s political opponent and the leader in the polls.

What kind of bubble to you have to be in to complain about something that Trump might do when Biden and Democrats are currently doing that exact thing?

The deflection is strong. I guess I would try to talk about anything else besides the current senior NPR editor and NPR employee of 25 years exposing NPR for being the partisan Democrats that many have pointed out over the years.

The way he talked about how NPR covered Trump/Russia, Hunter's laptop and Covid is exactly how the rest of the media covered it.

The supposed credible media aren't credible at all and that why a majority of non Democrat don't find the media credible.
    Nope. We see your obvious spin and deflection all the time. You think one person’s opinion is absolute gospel if they say something you like, but if they say something you don’t like then they’re trash.

Same with your meaningless “corporate” media. If they say something you like, you cannot post it fast enough, even if it’s not true. If they say something you don’t like then they’re garbage.

If someone makes a valid point or asks a question that pokes a gaping hole in your narrative you will just ignore it. Repeatedly.

It’s like clockwork and it’s really not hard to see right through.

Seriously? You post this kind of thing while the Biden DOJ and two Democrat prosecutors are trying to jail Biden’s political opponent and the leader in the polls.

What kind of bubble to you have to be in to complain about something that Trump might do when Biden and Democrats are currently doing that exact thing?
    So this is what’s called a false equivalency. Trump has been indicted for criminal behavior. He is being prosecuted under our US system of justice for those crimes. He was being investigated before he decided to run, these cases all started almost as soon as he left office. He is running because he wants to beat the rap and get away with his crimes. Juries have indicted him, judges are overseeing these cases.

There is nothing being done to him for political reasons. If anything, he is being shown deference that no other indicted defendant would be shown. Any other criminal defendant saying what he has said would have had their bail revoked long ago.

What he is vowing to do, and what he has already done when he was in office, is use his presidency to persecute his political enemies. He’s vowing to do it again, even worse, should he be re-elected. There’s no “he might do it” - he already did it before and he promises he will do it again.

Michael Cohen already went to jail for participating in the criminal case against Trump that starts Monday. Do you think Trump should get off for the same criminal behavior?

Nope. We see your obvious spin and deflection all the time. You think one person’s opinion is absolute gospel if they say something you like, but if they say something you don’t like then they’re trash.

Same with your meaningless “corporate” media. If they say something you like, you cannot post it fast enough, even if it’s not true. If they say something you don’t like then they’re garbage.

If someone makes a valid point or asks a question that pokes a gaping hole in your narrative you will just ignore it. Repeatedly.

It’s like clockwork and it’s really not hard to see right through.
    You respond to my post, but still refuse to comment on what the current NPR said about NPR. That's understandable. Your sacred media that you point to as credible is anything but credible.

Same pattern at Fox. If it doesn’t fit the narrative just don’t talk about it or if you have to talk about it, then spin and lie about it.

You respond to my post, but still refuse to comment on what the current NPR said about NPR. That's understandable. Your sacred media that you point to as credible is anything but credible.
    I don’t care what one man’s opinion is. I don’t know who he is at all, and it doesn’t matter to me what he says.

Okay, I recognize that Stephen L. Miller name. If he thinks something I will think the opposite. Just totally an internet troll with zero credibility. Nasty person.

I didn't find the guys opinion piece very convincing. He's starts off with statics of how the NPR listener base has changed dramatically, but really it was just more liberal listening and conservatives fleeing to right wing media. But the middle stayed the same. That's probably happened with all media because Republicans/conservatives decided to silo themselves in their own media bubble so that they can be propagandized and carry on with conspiracy theories. He then goes on to create this image of these faulty reimagining of the Trump/Russia, Hunter laptop and Covid stories which fall flat if you were paying attention to things when they were happening. Again, very unconvincing. Overall, it just gave off the impression of catnip for people like yourself.

Also, by post response was to your definition of "corporate media" and how silly it was because basically all media is corporate.

I don’t care what one man’s opinion is. I don’t know who he is at all, and it doesn’t matter to me what he says.
    It's not just one man. the article I posted above:

Former NPR vice president for news and ombudsman Jeffrey Dvorkin tweeted, "I know Uri. He's not wrong."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom