Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

Here is another person pointing out the fallacies and facts that the Berliner piece got wrong. I’m absolutely sure SFL will find some way to discredit this person as well. I’m not posting the entire thread, just the first tweet. You guys can go and view his analysis and references if you want.

This looks like an interesting article and the tweet says it’s a gift link. Haven’t had time to read it yet.

So, Berliner has been suspended by NPR. I hope it’s because of the inaccuracies and well, lies, in his piece. I also hope they give him due process according to their personnel policies.

So, Berliner has been suspended by NPR. I hope it’s because of the inaccuracies and well, lies, in his piece. I also hope they give him due process according to their personnel policies.

In a written letter notifying Berliner of the suspension, the network said he did not first seek approval for work in other outlets, as is required by NPR. It described the notice as a “final warning,” stating Berliner would be fired if he violated NPR’s policy again, Folkenflik reported.
    The disciplinary action came after Berliner openly ridiculed NPR’s news coverage in a 3,500-word piece for the anti-establishment publication The Free Press,...

Writer's for The Free Press routinely take things out of context, so it's odd that someone who complains about the journalistic integrity of NPR would chose to write for The Free Press. But this explains a lot:
    ...claiming the broadcaster had failed to properly cover allegations Donald Trump colluded with Russia in the runup to the 2016 election, the controversial Covid-19 lab-leak theory and the New York Post’s Hunter Biden story.

“Many things wrong w/terrible Berliner column on NPR, including not observing basic fairness,” NPR TV critic and media analyst Eric Deggans wrote. “Didn’t seek comment from NPR before publishing. Didn’t mention many things which could detract from his conclusions. Set up staffers of color as scapegoats.”

Berliner, the person who wrote the essay crictical of NPR said this is response to condemnation of NPR by the far right:

Berliner, however, did not go nearly that far in his piece. And he stressed in his essay that defunding the broadcaster “isn’t the answer.” In an email to CNN on Wednesday, Berliner that he rejects the notion that NPR is a “liberal disinformation machine,” as Trump stated.

“I have not seen Trump’s comments, but the quote you cite is not the first time he has attacked the media,” he wrote. “He has done it countless times before and will no doubt do it many times again.”

This whole thing reeked from the beginning. As you said, going to the outlet he did says a whole lot about his motives.

This whole thing reeked from the beginning. As you said, going to the outlet he did says a whole lot about his motives.
    I think he's trying to get himself a better paying or higher profile gig somewhere else with a Trump aligned media outlet. He checked a lot of application boxes:
    • Accuse a non-far right biased media outlet of being biased for not being far right biased. Check.
    • It was NPR and you worked there. Bonus checks.
    • Chose a biased and loose with the facts media outlet to make your accusations. Check.
    • Based your accusations on them not parroting Trump propaganda. Check.
    • Got yourself suspended by non-far right biased media outlet for criticizing their non-far right bias. Infinity checks.
    Don't be surprised if he lands a better position with a conservative media outlet.

Until this article I hadn't seen or read about any grumbling about NPR losing it's way

CNN? I definitely heard that criticism

ESPN? (obviously sports news, but I've definitely heard that same criticism)

But NPR? No. Now I don't listen to NPR so don't have any first hand observations or opinions on this but I've only ever seen NPR ranked as one of the least biased news sources out there

Last edited:
    Here is another person pointing out the fallacies and facts that the Berliner piece got wrong. I’m absolutely sure SFL will find some way to discredit this person as well. I’m not posting the entire thread, just the first tweet. You guys can go and view his analysis and references if you want.

I simply pointed out that a chief of staff for a House Democrat can't possibly be someone who tells us how the media doesn't favor Democrats.

It's not just Berliner though.

Will you try to discredit him as well?

We have other evidence that the media is in the tank for the Democrats and you tried to discredit this too.

I do understand that you will never admit that the media is biased towards Democrats and the establishment no matter what evidence you are shown that they are.

Let's take a look at some old tweets from the current NPR CEO. It looks like she will fit in just fine at NPR according to how Berliner said it was at NPR.

I simply pointed out that a chief of staff for a House Democrat can't possibly be someone who tells us how the media doesn't favor Democrats.
    You are mischaracterizing what he said. He took the Berliner piece and pointed out inaccuracies and misrepresentations.

If you really want to refute the inaccuracies he pointed out, you will have to address them. Otherwise you don’t have a leg to stand on in this discussion.

As for Dvorkin, that’s just his opinion. I don’t need to discredit him, he is entitled to it. But what Fritschner wrote was based on facts that Berliner got wrong. You cannot just wave it away like that.

I do understand that you will never admit ... no matter what evidence you are shown...
    I was really tempted to make this satirical comment, but decided not to.

Step right up folks and get your 100% unadulterated, concentrated, industrial strength, nuclear powered, delusional psychological projection.​

Oo ye yi! I done gone posted it. Ti canaille.

SFL would you explain how these particular tweets are problematic in your own words? Can you?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom