Media Tracker (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

"You think the CIA is everywhere"

watched over last 2 nights.

very good. I suggest you watch and pay close attention to the characters - esp Mike Risconscuito. LOL. I find it quite ummm, fascinating, that the CIA would have some back-wood Yokels designing/upgrading/testing weapons for Contras ( i think thats in Ep 2 ) Very fanciful stuff. Very.

I dont doubt there are some truth nuggets in the whole doc, but unfortunately those are really hard to find when the bulk of the story comes from characters that simply are unbelievably embellishing.

very hard to discern exactly what happened to Casolero. Was he killed or was it in fact, suicide?

The stupidest stuff right?
    Do you know why the Biden DOJ is arresting a journalist for covering January 6th while the other 50 journalists weren't charged?

Isn't arresting journalists something Putin would do?

Do you know why the Biden DOJ is arresting a journalist for covering January 6th while the other 50 journalists weren't charged?

So why don’t you look up the charges? Not just tweets from partisan hacks. Look up the charges and then if you have an issue with them we can discuss in an adult manner.

The tweet mentioned NYT journalists. Can you give names so we can look into the matter ourselves and come to our own conclusions?

So why don’t you look up the charges? Not just tweets from partisan hacks. Look up the charges and then if you have an issue with them we can discuss in an adult manner.
    Steve Baker, who has written articles about the Jan. 6, 2021, riot for Blaze News, faces four misdemeanor counts, including trespassing and disorderly conduct charges.
    Baker was released from custody after he made his initial court appearance in Dallas on Friday, according to defense attorney William Shipley.

After the riot erupted, Baker entered the Capitol through a broken door and joined the mob at the barricaded doors to the House chamber, according to an FBI agent’s affidavit. Shipley provided The Associated Press with a copy of the affidavit, which wasn’t immediately unsealed.

In another part of the Capitol, the affidavit says, Baker “antagonized” police officers who tried to keep him on the other side of a doorjamb, repeatedly asking, “Are you going to use that (gun) on us?” He remained inside the building for approximately 37 minutes before police led him out of the Capitol, according to the FBI.

Asking if the Capitol Police if they were going to use the gun on them qualifies as disorderly conduct?

There were many other journalists present at the Capitol on January 6th, but Baker is the only one who was charged. Maybe because he was a conservative? The NYT purchased Bakers video of January 6th.

Biden is guilty of some of the things you talk about putin doing. Biden's DOJ is arresting conservative journalists and also trying to jail his political opponent.

Steve Baker, who has written articles about the Jan. 6, 2021, riot for Blaze News, faces four misdemeanor counts, including trespassing and disorderly conduct charges.
    Baker was released from custody after he made his initial court appearance in Dallas on Friday, according to defense attorney William Shipley.

After the riot erupted, Baker entered the Capitol through a broken door and joined the mob at the barricaded doors to the House chamber, according to an FBI agent’s affidavit. Shipley provided The Associated Press with a copy of the affidavit, which wasn’t immediately unsealed.

In another part of the Capitol, the affidavit says, Baker “antagonized” police officers who tried to keep him on the other side of a doorjamb, repeatedly asking, “Are you going to use that (gun) on us?” He remained inside the building for approximately 37 minutes before police led him out of the Capitol, according to the FBI.

Asking if the Capitol Police if they were going to use the gun on them qualifies as disorderly conduct?

There were many other journalists present at the Capitol on January 6th, but Baker is the only one who was charged. Maybe because he was a conservative? The NYT purchased Bakers video of January 6th.

Biden is guilty of some of the things you talk about putin doing. Biden's DOJ is arresting conservative journalists and also trying to jail his political opponent.
    No.

Couldn’t be bothered to read the article? How embarrassing for you. He was clearly not acting as a journalist. He entered through a broken door, claiming himself he was with the first wave to breach the building, taunted police repeatedly while ignoring their instructions, threatened Congress members with hanging on social media, entered Pelosi’s office, said he wished he had stolen her computers, said he approved of the breaking and entering “100%”. He’s not the only person who said they were a journalist who then actually participated in the riot and then was charged with misdemeanors for, you know, actually participating in the riot.

Yeah, he got off easy, IMO. But you defend this Peice of work.

BTW, the freaking affidavit is linked in the article. I will bet you never even read it. It’s doubtful you even read the article you posted.

Baker is the only one who was charged.
    This is a lie. They even mention another Peice of work who was present and claimed to be a journalist but who actively participated and was charged. Some butt crevasse from Infowars. He and this guy are the same.

Charge for disorderly conduct:

“Your affiant submits there is also probable cause to believe that BAKER violated 40 U.S.C. §5104(e)(2), which makes it a crime to willfully and knowingly (D) utter loud, threatening, or abusive language, or engage in disorderly or disruptive conduct, at any place in the Grounds or in any of the Capitol Buildings with the intent to impede, disrupt, or disturb the orderly conduct of a session of Congress or either House of Congress, or the orderly conduct in that building of a hearing before, or any deliberations of, a committee of Congress or either House of Congress; and (G)parade, demonstrate, or picket in any of the Capitol Buildings.”

He was only charged with misdemeanors. He got off light.

Link to affidavit.

Couldn’t be bothered to read the article? How embarrassing for you. He was clearly not acting as a journalist. He entered through a broken door, claiming himself he was with the first wave to breach the building, taunted police repeatedly while ignoring their instructions, threatened Congress members with hanging on social media, entered Pelosi’s office, said he wished he had stolen her computers, said he approved of the breaking and entering “100%”. He’s not the only person who said they were a journalist who then actually participated in the riot and then was charged with misdemeanors for, you know, actually participating in the riot.

Yeah, he got off easy, IMO. But you defend this Peice of work.

BTW, the freaking affidavit is linked in the article. I will bet you never even read it. It’s doubtful you even read the article you posted.
    Considering how the Biden DOJ has been overcharging January 6th defendants, this smells fishy.

I'm noticing a pattern with you. Any journalists that you don't like(non corporate media journalists) you claim they aren't journalists. That sounds quite authoritarian of you. Is that you Vladimir?

He was definitely acting as a journalist with his tripod camera filming everything.

The door was already opened. He didn't break through it.

He threatened to hang members of Congress? Can you post a link for that?

Oh so you are finally admitting it was a riot and not an insurrection. Good for you.

Is language against the law?

In response to @FBI special agent Craig Noyes's questioning of me about that, he asked why I said that. I responded, "Because it wasn't McConnell's office. If it had been, I'd have said, 'It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bastage.' What part of the fact that I'm a libertarian do you not understand? I hate both sides."

Context. Something the MSM mouthpieces obscure. The lie of omission. As @shipwreckedcrew said: "Game on."

Considering how the Biden DOJ has been overcharging January 6th defendants, this smells fishy.

I'm noticing a pattern with you. Any journalists that you don't like(non corporate media journalists) you claim they aren't journalists. That sounds quite authoritarian of you. Is that you Vladimir?

He was definitely acting as a journalist with his tripod camera filming everything.

The door was already opened. He didn't break through it.

He threatened to hang members of Congress? Can you post a link for that?

Oh so you are finally admitting it was a riot and not an insurrection. Good for you.

Is language against the law?

In response to @FBI special agent Craig Noyes's questioning of me about that, he asked why I said that. I responded, "Because it wasn't McConnell's office. If it had been, I'd have said, 'It couldn't have happened to a more deserving bastage.' What part of the fact that I'm a libertarian do you not understand? I hate both sides."

Context. Something the MSM mouthpieces obscure. The lie of omission. As @shipwreckedcrew said: "Game on."

And?

..........Kott wasn’t simply pulling accusations out of a hat, however. Contrary to Bruce’s assertion, he was referring to one specific moment: Trump’s sitting down for dinner with the rapper Ye (formerly Kanye West) and white nationalist Nick Fuentes in November 2022. He wasn’t calling Republicans racists and Nazis, he was using the former term to describe some of Trump’s rhetoric and the latter to refer to a specific individual.

If Bruce’s main source of news is right-wing media like Fox News, though, she might never have heard about that dinner. In November and the first half of December of 2022, the incident was mentioned in 89 segments on CNN and more than twice that number on MSNBC. On Fox, though? It was only mentioned seven times, total.

This is very much in keeping with a long-standing pattern at the channel. News that is bad for Trump is muted or limited — including poll numbers from the network’s own pollsters.

Consider the House select committee created to investigate the attack at the Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021. CNN and MSNBC regularly covered it. Fox News rarely did. In fact, the network declined to air the committee’s prime-time hearings, at one point instead allowing Tucker Carlson to counterprogram it with conspiracy theories about the Capitol riot.

Or consider the lawsuits filed by E. Jean Carroll against Trump. MSNBC has talked about her relentlessly, mentioning the writer and her case in just over 4,800 15-second segments in the past several years. CNN’s done so less often, with 2,000 segments. Despite the massive settlement against Trump that resulted, Fox News has mentioned Carroll in fewer than 240 segments.

Trump’s indictment in Fulton County, Ga., carries the same pattern.

It can be seen most starkly in the competing news channels’ handling of the classified-documents investigations into Trump and President Biden. Trump’s Mar-a-Lago home was searched by the FBI in August 2022, kicking off interest in the handling of documents with classification markings. A few months later, Biden’s attorneys handed over several documents they’d found.

On average, CNN and MSNBC mentioned the Trump case in about 4,900 segments since August 2022. Fox News mentioned it less than a fifth as often.

But the Biden case? CNN and MSNBC mentioned it in an average of about 1,000 segments, including last month when special counsel Robert K. Hur announced that no charges would be filed. Fox News mentioned it in nearly 1,700 segments.

There are obvious differences between the Trump and Biden cases (as Hur noted) that would warrant the former getting more attention. Trump was indicted, among other things. But Fox News has mentioned the Biden situation nearly twice as much.

Biden’s classified documents are not the only subject area where Fox News overperforms, certainly. You will recall that MSNBC has been particularly enthusiastic about the Carroll case, mentioning the writer in more than 4,800 segments since early 2021.

Well, Fox News mentioned President Biden’s son Hunter in more than 4,200 segments in one month. Since January 2021, the channel has mentioned Hunter Biden in more than 38,000 segments...............

Pretty good illustration of why saying that the NYT has a bias towards democrats is just pure gaslighting. Even in the reporters’ response he paints Trump positively (hugely popular within his party vs Biden - an unpopular president). People rightly pointed out that Biden is arguably more popular within his party than Trump is within the GOP if you look at primary voting results. Yet he chooses to frame it differently.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom