Media Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

GG lied because he says that Democrats are convicting Trump.
    That's true. Democrats prosecutor are prosecuting Trump and trying to convict him.

Greenwald said this and he's right:

But NBC emphasizes: Dems' biggest hope is to get Trump convicted of a crime. That's why it's the Democrats' key strategy.

Ignoring that Trump actually has a pattern of criminal activity and that juries of his peers listened to the evidence and voted to indict. We heard from individual jurors in several of these grand juries who were definitely not democrats and still voted to indict. One in the GA case said that if everyone heard the evidence they heard there wouldn’t be any controversy about these indictments. GG also ignored that 100% of the witnesses in these cases are Republicans who either used to support Trump or worked in his Administration.
    Nobody is talking about the witnesses except you.

Democrats could never have indicted Trump for anything without these Republican witnesses.
    Lol at the witnesses. The Biden DOJ, AG James, and DA Willis are all prosecuting Trump and are all Democrats.
    doesn’t GG have a law degree? He knows that these criminal cases haven’t gone to trial, yet he uses the word convict. It’s meant to rile people up, it’s dishonest. He knows the difference.
    What is a prosecutor trying to get with a criminal trial? A conviction and that's an obvious part of the Democrats strategy to get Biden re-elected.

That specific enough for you? GG is a dishonest grifter using inflammatory language to make money off of partisan people like you.
    Swing and a miss

Ah so you have no proof for your claims? Did you hear that from Emptywheel?
    when I produce proof - which I have done many, many times for you - you will simply ignore them and move on to the next conspiracy theory or false claim that you make.

Nobody is talking about the witnesses except you.
    That doesn’t address the fact that all the witnesses are Republican.

answer this question- how can the democrats convict Trump of his crimes by themselves?

GG is being fundamentally dishonest about this. He knows it, but he’s counting on his fans to not be intelligent enough to see through it.

Were those voters not very smart when they voted for Obama twice and Biden when they were elected?
    Nah, they were smart when they voted for Obama and Biden. The voters that voted for NcCain/Palin, Romney/Ryan and Trump/Pence were stupid.

True

But I was more complaining about when they go heavy on coverage (about anything) without really knowing anything more than 30 seconds worth of information
    Yep (and probably a bit more so in the UK with this kind of topic too). Breaking news, then live coverage - and why would anyone need live coverage for this kind of topic? - filled with literally anything they can fill the space with (real example: "Flowers have been delivered to the back entrance of Clarence House, King Charles’s favoured residence in London.").

Given that the nature of the topic is the diagnosis, the story is essentially '75 year old man diagnosed with cancer'. It's not a fast-moving, or (sadly) uncommon, topic. Even given that it's about a king, I feel it should be a, "keep us posted, don't go nuts," thing. That it isn't, is reflective of a lot of things about media and society, I think.

That doesn’t address the fact that all the witnesses are Republican.

answer this question- how can the democrats convict Trump of his crimes by themselves?

GG is being fundamentally dishonest about this. He knows it, but he’s counting on his fans to not be intelligent enough to see through it.
    Honestly, I think when someone says 'Lol at the witnesses' you can at that point quite happily disregard anything they have to say on the topic. Anyone attempting to hand wave the relevance of witnesses away isn't worth taking seriously.

That applies to pretty much every bit of 'media' SFL links to by the way; it routinely simply ignores the existence of everything that invalidates every argument it tries to make.

Ah so you have no proof for your claims? Did you hear that from Emptywheel?
    Here you go. There’s more than this, but this should get you pointed in the right direction. There are a lot of garbage polls out there.

Honestly, I think when someone says 'Lol at the witnesses' you can at that point quite happily disregard anything they have to say on the topic. Anyone attempting to hand wave the relevance of witnesses away isn't worth taking seriously.

That applies to pretty much every bit of 'media' SFL links to by the way; it routinely simply ignores the existence of everything that invalidates every argument it tries to make.
    Don't you have some disinformation to be worrying about?

I was laughing at her trying to shift the discussion from the Democrat prosecutors who are trying to convict Trump to the Republican witnesses.

Don't you have some disinformation to be worrying about?

I was laughing at her trying to shift the discussion from the Democrat prosecutors who are trying to convict Trump to the Republican witnesses.
    You're laughing at your own clown show.

Either it's a plot, in which case the Republican witnesses are part of it, in which case it's not a Democrat plot, or the witnesses aren't part of a plot because their testimony is genuine and relevant to the prosecution, in which it isn't a plot at all and the identity of the prosecutors is irrelevant.

QED.

You're laughing at your own clown show.

Either it's a plot, in which case the Republican witnesses are part of it, in which case it's not a Democrat plot, or the witnesses aren't part of a plot because their testimony is genuine and relevant to the prosecution, in which it isn't a plot at all and the identity of the prosecutors is irrelevant.

QED.
    Misinformation!

Misinformation!
    That seems to be something one would say when they can’t defend their own completely laughable position. GG is playing you for a fool. He knows better, he’s counting on you to NOT know better.

And now that I look it up, that IS an over-representation of Republicans. There are about 29 million registered Republicans in the US, and about 39 million registered Democrats.

Even within the margin of error, I ain't looking good for Biden. But keep pretending everything is fine for Biden if it helps you sleep better at night.

1000004361.jpg

Even within the margin of error, I ain't looking good for Biden. But keep pretending everything is fine for Biden if it helps you sleep better at night.

1000004361.jpg
    I don’t really care what this poll says. You are the one who seems to revel in it. It has issues with sampling that have been enumerated for you. If you choose to still believe it, that’s on you. But it doesn’t surprise me because you are the king of confirmation bias.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom