Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

This, on the other hand, is Fox presenting untrue things as if they are facts.

This is someone else voicing an opinion. He does show his work, however. The language Trump is using mirrors Hitler and other fascist authoritarians.

I've never claimed Fox News is reputable organization like you did about the Washington Post. I know Fox News is conservatively biased and carries water for Republicans.
    Nope. There is a big difference between being conservatively biased and carrying water for the GOP (that would be WSJ) and deliberately telling lies to try to overturn an election. Or deliberately telling lies about PizzaGate, Seth Rich, Obama’s birth certificate, and on and on.

There are times when WaPo and NYT show some bias, it isn’t always in favor of Democrats either, but they do not just make shirt up. And neither does WSJ, AP, Reuters, Newsweek, Time, or any number of other news outlets.

NY Post and Fox do just make shirt up. They’ve been caught and they still do it.

I thought you were for free speech? These are opinions. What is your problem?
    I'm not calling for it to be censored lol.

My problem is the ridiculous assertion that Maga men and women will be looked back on in history as worse than slave owners.

Do you agree with French?

I'm not calling for it to be censored lol.

My problem is the ridiculous assertion that Maga men and women will be looked back on in history as worse than slave owners.

Do you agree with French?
    I haven’t read the op-Ed. But I have agreed with him sometimes in the past and disagreed with others.

Did you read the piece or just go by a tweet that someone made criticizing it?

NEW YORK (AP) — The social media platform Parler, which caters to right-wing voices and was temporarily booted offline following the Jan. 6 insurrection, is relaunching ahead of next year’s presidential elections.

The new owners of the company announced this week the platform is preparing for a “powerful resurgence” that emphasizes “a return to its roots as a robust marketplace of ideas.”

Parler has been offline since April, when it was purchased by the digital media conglomerate Starboard for an undisclosed sum. Ye, the rapper formerly known as Kanye West, had also offered to buy the company beforehand, but the agreement collapsed late last year.

The company’s new owner is a limited liability corporation known as PDS Partners.

Elise Pierotti, who is returning as the platform’s chief marketing officer, said PDS consists of herself, Parler’s new CEO Ryan Rhodes and others who are choosing to remain anonymous. Jaco Booyens, an anti-sex trafficking activist, will serve as the chief strategy officer.…..

I haven’t read the op-Ed. But I have agreed with him sometimes in the past and disagreed with others.

Did you read the piece or just go by a tweet that someone made criticizing it?
    I have no interest in reading anything by him.

Do you agree with his statement that maga men and women will be looked on as worse than slave owners. Do you agree with that or not? I'm expecting another non-answer.

I have no interest in reading anything by him.

Do you agree with his statement that maga men and women will be looked on as worse than slave owners. Do you agree with that or not? I'm expecting another non-answer.
    I’ll give you one. It depends. If they are idiots seeking to overturn an election in order to install the [Mod Edit :nono: Triggering term] then, yes, they most certainly are. The slave holders sustain for democracy was evident in the discussions during the drafting of the constitution. The MAGAts would be no better. They lap up racist agitprop like mother’s milk.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Nope. There is a big difference between being conservatively biased and carrying water for the GOP (that would be WSJ) and deliberately telling lies to try to overturn an election. Or deliberately telling lies about PizzaGate, Seth Rich, Obama’s birth certificate, and on and on.

There are times when WaPo and NYT show some bias, it isn’t always in favor of Democrats either, but they do not just make shirt up. And neither does WSJ, AP, Reuters, Newsweek, Time, or any number of other news outlets.

NY Post and Fox do just make shirt up. They’ve been caught and they still do it.
    Just as I figured. You will rail on and on about Fox News conservative bias, but you still try to claim the rest of the media like NYT, Washington Post are just biased sometimes.

Your favorite article disagrees with you:

Just as I figured. You will rail on and on about Fox News conservative bias, but you still try to claim the rest of the media like NYT, Washington Post are just biased sometimes.

Your favorite article disagrees with you:

You got an answer. Respond.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom