Media Tracker (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

You drool over support for Ukraine, but all you can muster for Yemen is a weak deflection attempt.

Go read what Biden and Tom nichols, a military expert specializing in Russia had to say. Familiarize yourself with foreign policy and the liberal world order and you will understand its not Ukraine per se. And btw Obama warned mbs not to invade Yemen.

Last edited:
I just saw a banner ad at the top of this thread. It was a poll asking the question, "Would you vote for Trump for the third time?"

Good grief, I don't want to answer that question, it's loaded twice.

Something the media will have to consider
============================

Until it happened, I didn’t want to go out on a limb and say that Elon Musk would definitely buy Twitter. I am reluctant to make firm predictions about anything Musk does.

So, until he actually walked into Twitter headquarters carrying a sink, I treated his acquisition of Twitter as a thought experiment, like Schroedinger’s cat — maybe it is alive! Maybe it is dead! The only way to find out is to wait and see.

But now he’s gone and done it, and it’s time to start grappling with the problem that might soon be upon us: What to do if Musk allows former president Donald Trump to rejoin Twitter?

By “us,” I mostly mean journalists. If

you are not a journalist, there is an easy way to handle Trump’s tweeting: ignore it.

Sure, I understand that you might be anxious about his vile provocations, but your fretting about every stupid tweet isn’t going to change anything.

I promise that if Trump does something that you urgently need to know about — like getting elected president — we in the mainstream media will hasten to tell you about it.

There is no need to follow Trump’s Twitter feed, or to talk about Trump’s Twitter feed, or to in any way acknowledge that Trump’s Twitter feed exists. All your attention does is encourage him.

But we in the media are not so lucky; we will have to keep an eye on a resurrected Trumpian Twitter account. It behooves us to develop some guidelines for deciding which of his pronouncements are newsworthy.

Our historical answer for that has been “all of them.”

And fair enough; he was a candidate for president, and then he was the leading Republican candidate for president, and then he was the president.

By long-standing journalistic tradition, whenever such a creature opens his mouth (or his phone), what follows is newsworthy……

The media continues to allow the Republican Party to play them just before an important election. Rs want to get people riled up about crime, they’ve been lying about it. And now this fabricated story:

Anything to scare people into voting for Rs. Not any solutions, just hate and fear mongering.

The media continues to allow the Republican Party to play them just before an important election. Rs want to get people riled up about crime, they’ve been lying about it. And now this fabricated story:

Anything to scare people into voting for Rs. Not any solutions, just hate and fear mongering.

Media need to do a better job exposing the fake news that Rs push during their culture wars. And people who claim the media is just the mouthpiece of the democrats should be shamed for their ridiculous take.

I really didn't appreciate how powerful this machinery is until my sister brought up the fentanyl in Halloween candies fear. Thousands of dollars illegal drug just to kill random children. These are sadistic drug dealers! How does record confiscation of fentanyl at the border mean weak border and drugging our children nefariously through Halloween candy????

I really didn't appreciate how powerful this machinery is until my sister brought up the fentanyl in Halloween candies fear. Thousands of dollars illegal drug just to kill random children. These are sadistic drug dealers! How does record confiscation of fentanyl at the border mean weak border and drugging our children nefariously through Halloween candy????
They spun the same nonsense back when I was a kid except it was needles in Halloween candy.

Media need to do a better job exposing the fake news that Rs push during their culture wars. And people who claim the media is just the mouthpiece of the democrats should be shamed for their ridiculous take.

Yup, that “tip line” was basically a line for mostly idiotic parents to complain about anything they thought wasn’t white/right about what teachers were teaching….it had a different effect, most of the calls were legitimate concerns that got zero attention from Youngkin and his administration and they shut the line down (due to inactivity was their response)….I believe he may be facing a lawsuit or 2 because of it as well….the Youngkins of the world are dangerous maybe even worse than the Trump types because they are wolves in sheep clothing…..

The press coverage of Tuesday night’s debate for the U.S. Senate in Pennsylvania demonstrates one of the fundamental asymmetries that shape American electoral politics:

Right-wing outlets that Republicans trust (for better or worse) are largely staffed by disciplined partisans dedicated to using their propaganda to help their party win elections, while the mainstream outlets Democrats trust (for better or worse) are not.

The result of that phenomenon may be that Democrats’ views more accurately reflect reality.

But it also helps explain why Republicans are so successful in setting the terms of the political discussion, in Pennsylvania and across the country……..

Right-wing media are able to set the terms of the political debate in this way because they are deliberately shaping their coverage with an eye toward Republican victories.

Fox’s stars spend much more time than their mainstream cable competitors on crucial races, and their treatment is overtly propagandistic — Hannity, for instance, is currently touring swing states for “town halls” with GOP candidates.

They focus on issues like crime that they describe as key to a “red wave,” while ignoring issues they know hurt GOP chances for success, like abortion.

Fox and the right-wing media may do a poor job of selecting credible GOP candidates — but they back those candidates up with unrelenting support to help them to victory.

The mainstream press just doesn’t do that for Democrats. One can argue about whether or not it should, but that reality shapes our politics……

The number of former FBI, CIA, NSA officials on TV news especially cable is alarming. This video is pretty damning and calls into question a lot of what we hear from those unnamed intelligence sources.

Did you know that the CIA used the media to push their propaganda?
No, I don't know that.

I still don't know that. Glen Greenwald, or yourself, certainly does not know that either.

Greenwald tends to say what random thoughts pop into his head, not what he knows.

Did you know that producing propaganda is not at all amoung the CIA's tasking? That's something which I do know.

Producing and broadcasting propaganda is the task of Radio free Europe and their sister stations Radio Liberty. An arm of Congress, not of the Administration, whomever they happen to be who is currently occupying the White House. Nor are they an arm of the CIA.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom