Media Tracker (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

No, I don't know that.

I still don't know that. Glen Greenwald, or yourself, certainly does not know that either.

Greenwald tends to say what random thoughts pop into his head, not what he knows.

Did you know that producing propaganda is not at all amoung the CIA's tasking? That's something which I do know.

Producing and broadcasting propaganda is the task of Radio free Europe and their sister stations Radio Liberty. An arm of Congress, not of the Administration, whomever they happen to be who is currently occupying the White House. Nor are they an arm of the CIA.

So you didn't watch the video.

It figures you would focus on Greenwald instead of the CIA official admitting they used the press to push their propaganda. Any comment on the video?

How about that video? Thats two of you that ignored the video and focused on Greenwald.

You're like the Kang voter heaping criticism on Kodos for everything that is wrong.

Good article
    ===========
    I once looked forward to election nights the way normal people look forward to the Super Bowl. I can flip through the chapters of my life by remembering the newsrooms and ballrooms I spent them in, the cold pizza consumed, the politicians I visited in various states of euphoria or despair.

But election night no longer exists. It’s an echo of the past.

And if the news media really wanted to keep the country from spinning apart, we would squash the whole concept under our collective heel and start again.

The chatty anchors, the magic election boards, the precinct tallies — all of that belonged to a world where results, even in close races, were more or less instantaneous.

In 2004, I stood in the Ohio headquarters of a Democratic get-out-the-vote operation and watched the presidential election slip away from John F. Kerry in a matter of minutes, one county at a time.

That world blew up in 2020, however, when the pandemic forced a vast expansion in mail-in voting. Now, what you’re watching on election night is kind of meaningless — and misleading.

Sure, all the anchors and pundits will say all the correct things about how we’re not really going to know the results for days or even weeks.

But everything they show you belies those warnings.

All the familiar maps and numbers — the silly slogans like “America Decides 2022,” or whatever — will further the impression of results taking shape by the minute, when really all you’re seeing is an initial wave.

The crawl at the bottom of the screen tells you what percentage of precincts have reported their results, which used to mean something but means very little now, unless you know exactly how many votes were mailed in and from where.

It’ll feel as though you’re watching a taut, two-hour thriller, when really it’s more like a limited series playing out over several installments.
This would at least be entertaining if it weren’t so harmful.

As an industry, we’ve spent a ton of time blaming Republicans for sowing distrust in the electoral system, and rightfully so.

But the news media has never owned our own role in botching the 2020 election night, by making it sound as though Donald Trump was piling up leads all over the place, when we always knew that most of the mail-in votes were going to come from Democrats and be counted later.

No wonder so many Trump voters found it easy to accept the fiction that the election was stolen. One minute, they seemed to be winning big, and then all of a sudden, they weren’t. Trump’s bogus conspiracy theory seemed to confirm what they had seen with their own eyes……..

This is truly unhinged, and completely irresponsible: I sure hope this is parody.

Update: it is real. Now off to wash the stink off from that website. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

This is truly unhinged, and completely irresponsible: I sure hope this is parody.

Update: it is real. Now off to wash the stink off from that website. 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

The The Gateway Pundit is just your average two bit fake a day news website amoung conservative traveling circus's. Not as unhinged as others, just somewhat unhinged for longer than most.

Believers think it's real.

It's The Duran, not The Gateway, that causes me to get up to gag.

I have a really negative reaction for The Duran. When I encounter the old gateway I just bellow, "It's Moose Turd Pie."

This video will explain all of that:

So you don't forget, four years ago:

He's hosting a weekend, news/op-ed show mid-late afternoon that most Americans, irrespective of political leanings, don't watch or care about too much on the weekends except for dedicated political diehards/observers. Most posters here on MAP, as well as on Saintsreport, aren't watching CNN, FOX News or MSNBC ESPECIALLY during the college football/NFL season on Saturday/Sunday afternoons unless its extremely major or earth-shattering.

Which given Russia's current military situation deteriorating as Ukrainian forces gain more ground now after regaining Kherson, and even more in the cold, brutal winter months to come, it wouldn't surprise me if Putin does use tactical nukes despite Biden and other Western leaders warnings what that Rubicon decision would mean if he did it anyway. I think they would be a lot of intense, major saber-rattling, threats and counter-threats, from NATO, UK, USA, France but I suspect Putin knows those others leaders won't risk an all-out, nuclear MAD Armageddon situation because essentially their conscientious, cautious, humane leaders who abhor the very notion of possible human extinction if MAD became a reality.

Last edited:
    He's hosting a weekend, news/op-ed show mid-late afternoon that most Americans, irrespective of political leanings, don't watch or care about too much on the weekends except for dedicated political diehards/observers. Most posters here on MAP, as well as on Saintsreport, aren't watching CNN, FOX News or MSNBC ESPECIALLY during the college football/NFL season on Saturday/Sunday afternoons unless its extremely major or earth-shattering.

Which given Russia's current military situation deteriorating as Ukrainian forces gain more ground now after regaining Kherson, and even more in the cold, brutal winter months to come, it wouldn't surprise me if Putin does use tactical nukes despite Biden and other Western leaders warnings what that Rubicon decision would mean if he did it anyway. I think they would be a lot of intense, major saber-rattling, threats and counter-threats, from NATO, UK, USA, France but I suspect Putin knows those others leaders won't risk an all-out, nuclear MAD Armageddon situation because essentially their conscientious, cautious, humane leaders who abhor the very notion of possible human extinction if MAD became a reality.
    Pretty sure NATO has already publicly ruled out using a nuke in retaliation for a tactical nuclear strike from Putin. What was said (going from memory so could be wrong) was that NATO may consider that an invitation to destroy any Russian forces in Ukraine. And they could do it in a few hours.

This guy, GG, is truly one hot mess. I swear some billionaire somewhere is paying him for his horrible takes on just about everything. He sounds like Tucker Carlson, 🤮

He doesn't need to be overtly paid. He makes enough on grifting in the cottage industry of "liberal/progressive" who "objectively" criticizes the left. Although somehow never manages to criticize the right about anything. What a coincidence.

Plenty of people like that out there like Tulsi Gabbard, Jimmy Dore, Tim Pool, etc. And if you'll notice they all do the rounds on their own shows and in right-wing circles (Tucker, Hannity) because it gives them more clout. It's the ultimate curated narrative that somehow professed independent critical thinkers like @SaintForLife can't somehow see through as a total con.

This guy, GG, is truly one hot mess. I swear some billionaire somewhere is paying him for his horrible takes on just about everything. He sounds like Tucker Carlson, 🤮

He actually had better takes when he was paid by billionaire at the intercept. He went off the rails when he started his substack, and became "Friend of the show" to Tucker Carlson.

A certain species of American political animal, the all-knowing arbiter of campaign “messaging,” proliferated in coverage of the 2022 midterm elections. They were everywhere — on Fox News, MSNBC and many outlets in between.

Chances were good that if you heard them, they were flaying Democratic leaders over their attempts to push back against the Republican onslaught on President Biden’s record. They weren’t focusing on the economy! They were talking too much about threats to democracy! Who cares about such highfalutin abstractions?

This messaging crisis, such as it was, merged with red wave-ism, the hype from many media outlets that Republicans were on the verge of a midterm rout. Sure, there were reasons to think a Democratic comeuppance was all but certain — midterm backlash against the party that occupies the White House is traditional — but shots flew at the Democratic message crafters.

That is, until late Tuesday night. When it became clear that the expected Republican red wave wouldn’t be washing up on any cable-news election maps, Fox News contributor (and Post columnist) Marc A. Thiessen argued that the political malpractice actually rested with Republicans, who had failed to take advantage of Democratic weaknesses. “That is a searing indictment of the message that we have been sending to the voters,” he said. (Thiessen expanded on this theme in a Post column Friday.)

Hammering Democratic messaging appears to have been a messaging problem of its own, at least to judge from the still-unfolding results. Democrats learned Saturday that they would keep control of the Senate, and they still have a slim chance of retaining the House. So let’s take a hindsight-assisted look at some of the “messaging” commentary leading up to Election Day:

· “President Joe Biden spent the closing days before the midterm elections ... focused on one paramount issue: the direct threat to democracy posed by many of the Republicans on ballots across the country.” — Daily Beast, “Biden’s Closing Message Is Vital to Biden — but Maybe Not to Voters,” Nov. 8.

The Skinny: “Focus” is subjective, and Biden did give an address in the closing days of the campaign on threats to democracy. But look at the transcripts of his stump speeches and remarks over this period: They’re focused to the point of obsession with pocketbook issues — inflation, jobs, investment, government spending, health-care costs, Social Security, student debt relief. Abortion rights and democratic decay rank as afterthoughts.

· “When voters tell you over and over and over again that they care mostly about the economy, listen to them. Stop talking about democracy being at stake.” — Democratic consultant Hilary Rosen on CNN, Nov. 6.

The Skinny: Candidates commonly address more than one issue in their appeals. (In response to a request for comment, Rosen emailed, “Even voters who said they cared the most about the economy didn’t like what the Republicans were selling on the economy and other issues like abortion. They rejected the GOP scare tactics and nastiness. And Biden gets credit. Cause if the losses were bigger he would get the blame. So hats off to him and I am glad my pessimism was wrong!”)............

So, this thread (which is worth the read) lays bare the lie that main stream media is a monolith for liberal or democratic causes. That’s a particularly nasty lie told by conservatives in order to paint themselves as victims. We just witnessed all of main stream media fall in line and parrot R talking points about the midterms - especially in Michigan, as this thread lays out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom