Media Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
I figured we needed a thread specifically about the media.

There was a very big correction recently by the Washington Post.

That story was supposedly "independently confirmed" by CNN, NBC News, USA Today, ABC News, & PBS News Hour. How could they all have gotten the quote wrong if they actually independently confirmed the story?

Why do all the errors always go in one political direction and not closer to 50/50?

I don't think ivermectin helps with Covid, but it's obvious CNN purposely and repeatedly lied. I'll await the tweet from Daniel Dale saying Gupta was taken out of context.

You’re being nit-picky. Horse dewormer is Ivermectin as I understand it. It’s the same drug. Was it a bit sensational to call it horse dewormer? Absolutely. Was it an outright lie? Not really.

You’re being nit-picky. Horse dewormer is Ivermectin as I understand it. It’s the same drug. Was it a bit sensational to call it horse dewormer? Absolutely. Was it an outright lie? Not really.
Thats not true and you know it. There's a human version of Ivermectin which requires a prescription and 3.7 billion doses have been given the past 30 years.

There is also a horse version of Ivermectin which some idiots have been taking. Huge difference and you know that since you work in a hospital. Gupta even admitted CNN shouldn't have lied.

It’s the same chemical, just in paste versus pill form.

And isn’t Rogan the guy who lets guests say all sorts of horrible things on air without pushback? Yet he’s ticked off when it happens to him? I don’t feel one bit sorry for him.

Haven’t read this yet, but I agree with the premise and thought it might make for good discussion:

It’s the same chemical, just in paste versus pill form.

And isn’t Rogan the guy who lets guests say all sorts of horrible things on air without pushback? Yet he’s ticked off when it happens to him? I don’t feel one bit sorry for him.
I am a huge mma fan, but rogan is insufferable. He is right though. CNN was sensationalizing for sure. Unfortunately, at this point CNN is no better than Fox. All they do is sell headlines. The facts of the story are not important.

I totally agree it was sensational and probably deliberately so. But, it wasn’t a complete fabrication because it is the same drug, just in a different form.

All cable news is sensational by nature. But the anti-vax crap carried by Fox, not to mention Pizza Gate, the birther conspiracy, the Hillary has a brain disease, etc. ad nauseum crosses a line, IMO, that the other two stations haven’t crossed at this point.

Oh, and Joe Rogan has purposefully let his guests say absolutely heinous things without any pushback on his show, so him chastising Gupta for not pushing back against a network that employs him is just ironic.

I totally agree it was sensational and probably deliberately so. But, it wasn’t a complete fabrication because it is the same drug, just in a different form.

All cable news is sensational by nature. But the anti-vax crap carried by Fox, not to mention Pizza Gate, the birther conspiracy, the Hillary has a brain disease, etc. ad nauseum crosses a line, IMO, that the other two stations haven’t crossed at this point.

Oh, and Joe Rogan has purposefully let his guests say absolutely heinous things without any pushback on his show, so him chastising Gupta for not pushing back against a network that employs him is just ironic.
Just because Fox ran pizza gate does not make this type of journalism acceptable. These media outlets are creating division for the sake of profits. CNN used to be better than this.

I understand what you are saying about rogan, but is there not a credibility difference? Should CNN hold themselves to a higher level than a
Podcaster?

Yes they should. I don’t even watch CNN, so I‘m not really defending them.

I am just tiring of people not holding Fox, Trumpists, etc. to the same standards they want everyone else to follow. And we shouldn’t underestimate the reach of Rogan. He has tremendous influence, maybe even more than CNN, I’d have to look up the actual numbers.

In other words, I‘m having a hard time working up a lot of outrage over this incident. Maybe that makes me a bad person, lol. But I’ve about reached my limit with selective outrage, that’s all.

Yes they should. I don’t even watch CNN, so I‘m not really defending them.

I am just tiring of people not holding Fox, Trumpists, etc. to the same standards they want everyone else to follow. And we shouldn’t underestimate the reach of Rogan. He has tremendous influence, maybe even more than CNN, I’d have to look up the actual numbers.

In other words, I‘m having a hard time working up a lot of outrage over this incident. Maybe that makes me a bad person, lol. But I’ve about reached my limit with selective outrage, that’s all.
Society has become “who can point out the thing of the day”.

Other than election night, I stay away from TV or any major news site for that matter. The bias has infiltrated even bbc. Personally I use forums like this to find out what is really happening. Still have to sort things out, but it’s easier to identify the lunies on the fringes in this type of setting.

Whereas the networks are strictly pushing a political narrative.

This is very interesting, it’s a thread if you go to Twitter:

Haven’t read this yet, but I agree with the premise and thought it might make for good discussion:

I read another article that had the exact same premise about a month ago - and I agree. Giving lies and/or misinformation (verified) the same amount of print space/air time as truth (verified) - just so both sides are covered equally - is doing a huge disservice to the country and making journalists all look like fools.

The internet with this whole "First!!!!" (like you used to see in the comments sections to things like it was something special) to post a story before actually verifying sources/facts/all information has ruined journalism a lot, IMO. Back when print journalism was the main medium for news, there were a lot less retractions, printing without verification, etc..

Last edited:
So Trump launches Truth social media or whatever..,

With social media on the verge of regulation, Trump positions himself to play the victim.

That’s the headline.

I cannot believe that this is something that has to be proposed after the last 5 years or so:

I cannot believe that this is something that has to be proposed after the last 5 years or so:

Before all the free speech nut jobs get their panties in a wad, they’re not being censored. They’re getting their lie reported.

But reputable organizations have a right to free speech, as well. It is absolutely within their rights to refute the lie as soon as it’s reported.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom