Joe Biden on Gun Control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Beach Friends

Reaction score
    While saying he supports the Second Amendment, Biden called the absolutist arguments of some gun-rights supporters “bizarre.” Noting people can’t own machine guns or bazookas, Biden said, “Why should we allow people to have military-style weapons including pistols with 9-mm bullets and can hold 10 or more rounds?

IMO, if Biden wants to persuade people, including those who want to retain the right to own weapons for self defense, he really should learn more about guns. Based on prior statements as well those he made in the linked article, he seems hung up on the idea that a shotgun is the correct weapon for personal defense, and that a 2-3 round capacity is adequate. Furthermore, when he throws out "9mm" as if it is some unusually lethal round, he really sounds as though he is, at best, willfully ignorant and can't be trusted when it comes to legislation restricting gun ownership.

Nope. That's not what was communicated. Maybe through an extremely narrow, biased and literal lens? Exhausting and not productive. Oh well.

But isn't that what it really boils down to here? One side wants the freedom to own firearms and under that freedom there are laws in place that say it's illegal to use those guns in the commission of a crime(robbing, harming, killing others). The other side wants to remove those freedoms from people point blank. So it is quite accurate to say that one side is for freedom, and the other is not.

Now it can also be said that a consequence of their freedom is that criminals want to use firearms in a malicious way to harm others, but is that the fault of the lawful gun owner, or the criminal? It seems to be that the law abiding citizen is being asked to give up a right because criminals are going to break laws.

Just piecing together stuff.

A while back said he was born and raised in either haraklan or river ridge. Two of the original white flight subdivisions and ungodly racist my entire lifetime and still are today. less than one percent black to this day in haraklan and 10% for river ridge.

Now he lives on 7+ acres on a river with a pond. It must be the sticks.

Are we gonna deny that haraklan or river ridge are not white flight communities that exploded back in the 60s because of the equal rights movement? Go on and try that will be a hoot.

All big southern cities had white flight and racist towns that welcomed them in just a short drive away from the city so they could commute to the place to make money.

Now they have to move further away. I am sure that is what most stick dwellers do now and the main reason to live out in the sticks.

What are we gonna tell me that denham springs is not racist?

What about Forsyth County out side of Atlanta?

It's complete BS for you to accuse someone of being a racist based on your perception of his neighborhood.

One side wants the freedom to own firearms and under that freedom there are laws in place that say it's illegal to use those guns in the commission of a crime(robbing, harming, killing others). The other side wants to remove those freedoms from people point blank. So it is quite accurate to say that one side is for freedom, and the other is not.

Nope, sorry, I don't want to take your guns. Or yours or yours. Another myth? What does that say about a movement that relies on lies and fear (and Russian $$$) in order to illicit such a response?

But isn't that what it really boils down to here? One side wants the freedom to own firearms and under that freedom there are laws in place that say it's illegal to use those guns in the commission of a crime(robbing, harming, killing others). The other side wants to remove those freedoms from people point blank. So it is quite accurate to say that one side is for freedom, and the other is not.

Now it can also be said that a consequence of their freedom is that criminals want to use firearms in a malicious way to harm others, but is that the fault of the lawful gun owner, or the criminal? It seems to be that the law abiding citizen is being asked to give up a right because criminals are going to break laws.

No the other side do not want to take your guns. But they do want you to be licensed to own them. Just like a car. No one takes away your right to own a car because it has to have a license plate, so your argument does not stand.

However IF you have a prior convictions for illeagal driving behavior (DUI, Vehicular Manslaughter etc...) then the state can refuse to give you a license and in serious cases, confiscate your car. You also need to prove proficiency at operating the car in order to get such a license, so why should operating a a weapon which primary function is to kill things have less restrictions than that of operating a vehicle which primary function is to get you from one place to another?

Last edited:
    Nope. That's not what was communicated. Maybe through an extremely narrow, biased and literal lens? Exhausting and not productive. Oh well.

let us not forget, you advocation for people with ZERO knowledge of guns making gun laws. Because as you said people like me who play with these toys and know them inside and out are irresponsible and should not make those laws.

so yes very exhausting to listen to liberals pontificate about us backwards arse people in the country, all the while we have GREAT lives and comfortable communities of neighbors.

Just piecing together stuff.

A while back said he was born and raised in either haraklan or river ridge. Two of the original white flight subdivisions and ungodly racist my entire lifetime and still are today. less than one percent black to this day in haraklan and 10% for river ridge.

Now he lives on 7+ acres on a river with a pond. It must be the sticks.

Are we gonna deny that haraklan or river ridge are not white flight communities that exploded back in the 60s because of the equal rights movement? Go on and try that will be a hoot.

All big southern cities had white flight and racist towns that welcomed them in just a short drive away from the city so they could commute to the place to make money.

Now they have to move further away. I am sure that is what most stick dwellers do now and the main reason to live out in the sticks.

What are we gonna tell me that denham springs is not racist?

What about Forsyth County out side of Atlanta?

hold on a second. This is bullshirt. I’m all of a sudden a racist because my parents took me and my sister out of the city?

just so you know, I’m of Italian decent. ALL of our relatives lived in Hammond. We moved to hammond after my grand father passed away and moved our grandmother in with us.

Are you people so hate filled that everything is about race?

As another FYI, I do live in the country, one of my neighbors is a red neck, across the street Italian, the other neighbor black and 3 parcels down, we have 2 families of Hispanics (I think Honduran).

Oh and I send my kids to private school. I do this so my kids don’t vote like the uneducated people in the city (that’s for Zardnok)

No, you haven't proven anything. LOL. Using your logic, we'd only hire gangsters to run prisons. Oh, wait.

Finding random people who are deemed "less knowledgeable" about a subject is a pretty low bar of proof. Do better. In a democracy, we hope to educate people so they'll make more informed choices at the polls, correct? Using fear and emotion to "win" may work short-term, but we'll wind up paying long-term. What's wrong with being honest?

Well how do you feel Sharon?

Dragon proved my point that the only way for true gun control is when the cops have the ability to take them. How do you feel the everyone should have a gun license and the cops can search you for an illegal weapon?

Also... Do you feel that Violent Music and Violent video game have a part in this?

But they do want you to be licensed to own them. Just like a car. No one takes away your right to own a car because it has to have a license plate, so your argument does not stand.

then the state can refuse to give you a license and in serious cases, confiscate your car.

That has been my position all along for the only way to have gun control... The person must be licensed... and he is not.. THE STATE... ie cops... take your stuff...

passing more laws to try an make guns harder to get for the legal citizen are not going to do a thing to stop the real gun problem. That's just what Liberals and people so and say to make them feel better. They don't want to do the real things needed for gun control... And I am 100% against registering weapons... The person yes.. I am for it... The gun itself... No...

Our real gun problem is not the mental nutcase that shoots up a school. These are rare instances.. Our real gun problem or the kids getting shot daily by regular gun violence occurring on the streets.

7 year old shot while trick or treating. Shot by a 16 year old.

2 year old shot, 11 month old shot

and this kid Dejon... Shot in the head... he's 1 year old and already had two shootings in his family already.. His mother had been shot before and his brothers father was shot an killed.

HAP46YIL7BEWDEJGBTA2357KKQ.jpg

Last edited:
    Well how do you feel Sharon?

Dragon proved my point that the only way for true gun control is when the cops have the ability to take them. How do you feel the everyone should have a gun license and the cops can search you for an illegal weapon?

NO I did not. I said that searches should be done only when a proper search warrant had been served or if the police had propper cause to do so (eg. known criminal or visible weapon

The real issue is how easy it is to get the guns. The second hand market is completely without any control and as another poster posted further up, he left guns out on the nighttable where a potential burglar could easily steal it. His own kids may know how to handle a gun, but how about their playmates? What is to keep an inquisite visiting kid from accidentially finding the loaded gun and playing with it? Owners would be responsible for registering a change of ownership when they sell a gun. Right now someone with a clean record could go buy a gun and earn good money by selling it to criminals and none would be the wiser...

NO I did not. I said that searches should be done only when a proper search warrant had been served or if the police had propper cause to do so (eg. known criminal or visible weapon

The real issue is how easy it is to get the guns. The second hand market is completely without any control and as another poster posted further up, he left guns out on the nighttable where a potential burglar could easily steal it. His own kids may know how to handle a gun, but how about their playmates? What is to keep an inquisite visiting kid from accidentially finding the loaded gun and playing with it? Owners would be responsible for registering a change of ownership when they sell a gun. Right now someone with a clean record could go buy a gun and earn good money by selling it to criminals and none would be the wiser...

Again... You talk in schematics... In Denmark you have to have a license.. and if someone calls the cops and says that you have a gun with no license for it.. The cops or State authority can come over and investigate and search... You have stated that more than once...

I understand that we are not talking stop and frisk here... I clearly get that.. But the point... In your country... You MUST be liecensed and the state can take you gun if you are not... again.. IS that not correct?

That is what we do not have here in America... A reguirment for the gun owner to be licensed...

As to registering gun so they can be resold... No need... IF everyone had a gun license, it would count as a resellers license too... That way guns are not registered and they can be resold by individuals... Like have an "M" motorycle endorsement on your drivers license. Only an "R" on your gun license.

Denmark seems pretty ok for gun violence... But in my search I also see a lack of gangs and gangbanger mentality... In fact about the only gangs listed in Denmark are Motorcycle gangs... and local youth street gangs do not seem to be a big part of the picture there.

What is really funny is that in your post you mention the guy with gun on his night stand and you mention a bugular... What??? Are you blaming the gun owner for a criminal breaking into his house? What kinds logic is that?

I have no children.. I live alone... and I have a gun sitting right next to me now.. Right here by my front door... So am I at fault here? If a burglar broke in and stole it... Would that be my fault that he broke in and stole? I just do not get that logic in this argument... It further strengthens that.. The criminal did not care about laws anyway and they are going to bbreak them no matter how many laws you make.

This is where I stand.. and as a 2nd amendment supporter I am in the monirity here... But I believe that every gun owner should be licensed... But with that said. I also feel that my license should be leagal and hold values in ALL states.. Illinois, California and New York... Most all Criminals will not take the training, and pay the costs of a license...

ANd in respect if you have a gun license, you can also sell or buy a gun... This way if a person with no license buys a gun or someone sells a gun, they have violated the law... Same thing with your Denmark...

But with all that said.. It won;t do a hill of beans if these laws are not enforced... ANd here in the USA.. The problem is not a guy that lives on 7 acres by the river that owns 23 guns.. It's the kid on the street with a gun slinging dope. That's our real gun problem.

Cops pull people over all the time and search their cars... Why must that be limited to cars? I think that if you are a known felon, drug dealer or have misdemeanor burglaries on your record, that it should be legal that you can be stopped and searched anytime... I don't care if Liberals cry about it.

And now that marijuana is legal here.. Stop and search me anytime baby... I not only have a gun but a license to carry it. So I am not afraid. I am 100% legal.

Last edited:
    I wonder if the shooter in the French Quarter that wounded 11 people passed his background check and had his concealed weapons permit on him or if he left it at home....

Last edited:
    What is really funny is that in your post you mention the guy with gun on his night stand and you mention a bugular... What??? Are you blaming the gun owner for a criminal breaking into his house? What kinds logic is that?

Like blaming a woman for wearing provocative clothing if she gets raped.

let us not forget, you advocation for people with ZERO knowledge of guns making gun laws. Because as you said people like me who play with these toys and know them inside and out are irresponsible and should not make those laws.
    So how do you feel about Congress or state legislatures making abortion laws? :scratch:

Again... You talk in schematics... In Denmark you have to have a license.. and if someone calls the cops and says that you have a gun with no license for it.. The cops or State authority can come over and investigate and search... You have stated that more than once...

I understand that we are not talking stop and frisk here... I clearly get that.. But the point... In your country... You MUST be liecensed and the state can take you gun if you are not... again.. IS that not correct?

That is what we do not have here in America... A reguirment for the gun owner to be licensed...

The license is NOT for the gunowner but for the gunowner AND the gun. The owner need a specific license for EACH gun with and the fabrication no, is registered.

As to registering gun so they can be resold... No need... IF everyone had a gun license, it would count as a resellers license too... That way guns are not registered and they can be resold by individuals... Like have an "M" motorycle endorsement on your drivers license. Only an "R" on your gun license.

But they are. Sellers are NOT allowed to sell a gun - even in trades between 2 individuals before the transfer of the gun license has been approved by the police

Denmark seems pretty ok for gun violence... But in my search I also see a lack of gangs and gangbanger mentality... In fact about the only gangs listed in Denmark are Motorcycle gangs... and local youth street gangs do not seem to be a big part of the picture there.

We've had a few gangs but not at all at the level from the US. Mostly due to the fact that young people are kept busy and we have very good systems to keep them either working or studying. We have had some issues - especially with gangs from other cultures who still have not adjusted but the police and social workers are doing a good job getting to the young people before they get too caught up in it.

I have no children.. I live alone... and I have a gun sitting right next to me now.. Right here by my front door... So am I at fault here? If a burglar broke in and stole it... Would that be my fault that he broke in and stole? I just do not get that logic in this argument... It further strengthens that.. The criminal did not care about laws anyway and they are going to bbreak them no matter how many laws you make.

Well - If you had something of great value, would you not lock it up? We are by law required to keep the gun securely locked up - even against thiefs. Thats why I have two speciel digital coded cabinets for my gun and ammo. It may not be against the law to leave a loaded gun out on the table in the US but it sure aint responsible gunownership IMHO.

ANd in respect if you have a gun license, you can also sell or buy a gun... This way if a person with no license buys a gun or someone sells a gun, they have violated the law... Same thing with your Denmark...c xb

See above

But with all that said.. It won;t do a hill of beans if these laws are not enforced... ANd here in the USA.. The problem is not a guy that lives on 7 acres by the river that owns 23 guns.. It's the kid on the street with a gun slinging dope. That's our real gun problem.

IT is if the guy on the river is careless with his guns, Leaving loaded guns out in the open with children in the house is dangerous and reckless IMHO.

Cops pull people over all the time and search their cars... Why must that be limited to cars? I think that if you are a known felon, drug dealer or have misdemeanor burglaries on your record, that it should be legal that you can be stopped and searched anytime... I don't care if Liberals cry about it.

There is a very fine line which seperates fredom and the cost of protecting it.

A line that has already been crossed many times since 9/11. Random seaches without probable cause is one such thing

I have adressed each point in your answer

Last edited:

so yes very exhausting to listen to liberals pontificate about us backwards arse people in the country, all the while we have GREAT lives and comfortable communities of neighbors.

Rather like panels of old men making laws about abortion and women's rights, eh?

Frustrating, isn't it?

No the other side do not want to take your guns. But they do want you to be licensed to own them. Just like a car. No one takes away your right to own a car because it has to have a license plate, so your argument does not stand.

However IF you have a prior convictions for illeagal driving behavior (DUI, Vehicular Manslaughter etc...) then the state can refuse to give you a license and in serious cases, confiscate your car. You also need to prove proficiency at operating the car in order to get such a license, so why should operating a a weapon which primary function is to kill things have less restrictions than that of operating a vehicle which primary function is to get you from one place to another?
    You don't have a right guaranteed by the Constitution to own a car. You do have a right guaranteed by the Constitution to own firearms. That is a really poor parallel to draw and makes the rest of your argument moot.

And that would be absolutely idiotic of that person with a clean record to do, because once those guns were used in a crime, the guns would be traced right back to that person and they would go to jail.

You don't have a right guaranteed by the Constitution to own a car. You do have a right guaranteed by the Constitution to own firearms. That is a really poor parallel to draw and makes the rest of your argument moot.

No it is not. A convicted felon can be prohibited from owning a gun by law in many states but with no registrations it is impossible to know if he already posses some

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom