Is Russia about to invade Ukraine? (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

superchuck500

U.S. Blues
Reaction score
Russia continues to mass assets within range of Ukraine - though the official explanations are that they are for various exercises. United States intelligence has noted that Russian operatives in Ukraine could launch 'false flag' operations as a predicate to invasion. The West has pressed for negotiations and on Friday in Geneva, the US Sec. State Blinken will meet with the Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov.

Certainly the Russian movements evidence some plan - but what is it? Some analysts believe that Putin's grand scheme involves securing Western commitments that NATO would never expand beyond its current composition. Whether that means action in Ukraine or merely the movement of pieces on the chess board remains to be seen.

VIENNA — No one expected much progress from this past week’s diplomatic marathon to defuse the security crisis Russia has ignited in Eastern Europe by surrounding Ukraine on three sides with 100,000 troops and then, by the White House’s accounting, sending in saboteurs to create a pretext for invasion.

But as the Biden administration and NATO conduct tabletop simulations about how the next few months could unfold, they are increasingly wary of another set of options for President Vladimir V. Putin, steps that are more far-reaching than simply rolling his troops and armor over Ukraine’s border.

Mr. Putin wants to extend Russia’s sphere of influence to Eastern Europe and secure written commitments that NATO will never again enlarge. If he is frustrated in reaching that goal, some of his aides suggested on the sidelines of the negotiations last week, then he would pursue Russia’s security interests with results that would be felt acutely in Europe and the United States.

There were hints, never quite spelled out, that nuclear weapons could be shifted to places — perhaps not far from the United States coastline — that would reduce warning times after a launch to as little as five minutes, potentially igniting a confrontation with echoes of the 1962 Cuban Missile Crisis.

Yeah it's not like I've discussed the Russian election interference before right? The same Russian election interference that was vastly exaggerated by the media and the left.

OHHH now its "ive discussed" and " vastly exaggerated ny media"

you said it was a "hoax" and peddled that here for years over multiple topic threads.

My work on this topic is done.

You are a liar.

and a terrible liar at that.

( But stands to reason that you are a fervent Trump supporter, so lying is pretty much in your DNA )

Last edited:
First it was "Denazification"
when that fizzled
NATO expansion
when that fizzled
CIA/US in proxy war
when that fizzled...

to be continued.

Meanwhile, a quick, very broad search of this site, of the work "hoax" returns dozens of pages - and whaddya know, @SaintForLife has over 12 separate posts in the first 3 pages describing the Russian interference with the 2016 election as a "hoax" - fake news.

Yet here we are where he clearly forgets his lie, while madposting, and admits that Russia indeed interfered with the US election.

Pretty massive revelation this morning.

Think im going to sip my coffee and ponder this one for a while
Awe how cute. You think you have some gotcha moment. Swing and a miss.

The scale and reach of the Russian election interference was a hoax. Their interference largely consisted of $100,000 in Facebook ads and many of those ads weren't even about Trump or the election.

Here are some of those Facebook ads that the Democrats and media freaked out about:

1000005293.jpg

1000005295.jpg

1000005297.jpg

If Russia can influence the election by using $150,000 in Facebook ads then a lot of political consultants are going to be unemployed.

The scale and reach of the Russian election interference was a hoax. Their interference largely consisted of $100,000 in Facebook ads and many of those ads weren't even about Trump or the election.

Here are some of those Facebook ads that the Democrats and media freaked out about:

If Russia can influence the election by using $150,000 in Facebook ads then a lot of political consultants are going to be unemployed.

Half of your twitter post are clearly Russian propaganda.

How cute that SFL think's Russian misinformation begins, and ends at facebook ads.

Half of your twitter post are clearly Russian propaganda.

How cute that SFL think's Russian misinformation begins, and ends at facebook ads.
No kidding. The ONLY people saying that those few FB ads that were released were the extent of Russian attempts to influence our elections are those who are apologists for Russia. It’s a complete tell of his true allegiance in this matter.

1000005293.jpg

1000005295.jpg

1000005297.jpg

1000005295.jpg

1000005297.jpg

So you posted a Vox article printed May 10 2018 authored by Swati Sharma.

Why didnt you post her Dec 17 2018 article too? ( you know 7 MONTHS AFTER MAY when findings REALLY came to light )

4) Russia’s use of social media was wider than we thought​

Facebook and Twitter have received the bulk of the attention and blame regarding Russia’s use of their platforms to influence the election. But the two reports show the trolls used multiple websites to disseminate their narratives.
Reddit, Tumblr, Pinterest, Medium, YouTube, Vine, and Google+, among others, carried IRA propaganda content. But Instagram was by far the most used platform that has largely remained out of the public eye.
The Facebook-owned company saw an estimated 20 million users engage roughly 187 million times with IRA content. (By contrast, Facebook saw 76.5 million engagements that reached about 126 million people.) In fact, Russia moved much of its operations to Instagram in 2017, when most of the world’s attention centered on Facebook and Twitter.
As the report notes, Facebook executives seemingly avoided addressing the extent of Instagram’s use by Russia during open congressional testimony.

Ohhhhh - because the DEC 17 article lays out JUST HOW EXTENSIVE the interference was - it wasnt "just Facebook and $150,000 cost "

Damn man- im starting to think you are actually of Russian heritage.

Gotta be.

This will be SFL’s cue to disappear from this thread for a period of time, come back after we’ve moved on and this post is sufficiently buried, and then re-state the lie he stated above.

I saw this earlier today. Something bad happened financially to Russia today. Darn. 😆

SFL, you didn’t wait long enough. We can still see the post where your contention about the extent of Russia’s interference in our elections was exposed as false. We’re still waiting on your answer to that one. Care to comment?

Here’s a letter from 300 some economists rebuking Sachs’ view on the origin of the Russian invasion of Ukraine, and his historically inaccurate claims.

The response to this post that I expect will be something like:

Jeffrey Sachs is a really a conservative who is pushing Kremlin propaganda!

I laugh every time you make this argument.

1. Two European countries go to war.

SFL - LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT WHY THIS IS JOE BIDEN'S FAULT.

I laugh every time you make this argument.

1. Two European countries go to war.

SFL - LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT WHY THIS IS JOE BIDEN'S FAULT.
Sachs lays out an argument that destroys your simplistic and naive view of US foreign policy.

Can you point out anything he said that isn't true?

He can't help himself. It's what he does. His favorite boogeymen are Biden and the CIA.
You guys are in denial about how many things the CIA is involved in and many things domestically which they aren't supposed to do.

Isn't it funny how the right used to revere and believe just about everything the CIA, FBI, or the military said whereas today it's the complete opposite. The neocon agenda was their foreign policy.

Now the left has now aligned with the FBI, CIA and the neocons because they all have the same goal. Stopping Trump. They believe everything the US security state tells them without question.

Sachs lays out an argument that destroys your simplistic and naive view of US foreign policy.

YES!!!!! I posted two (2) very credible sources that point out what he is getting wrong. Over 300 economists dispute what he says, and your response is …… 🦗🦗🦗

He has zero proof, and nor do you of American intervention, or support of the Maiden revolution.

A Russian puppet president got coup'd because he rejected an EU trade deal. A European country then invaded another European country over it.

If America wanted massive influence over Ukraine, or Georgia we would have pushed through their NATO membership in 2008.

I sound like a broken record saying this, Please stop posting stuff on geopolitics.

He has zero proof, and nor do you of American intervention, or support of the Maiden revolution.

A Russian puppet president got coup'd because he rejected an EU trade deal. A European country then invaded another European country over it.

If America wanted massive influence over Ukraine, or Georgia we would have pushed through their NATO membership in 2008.

I sound like a broken record saying this, Please stop posting stuff on geopolitics.

He's either completely ignorant or literally rewriting history. I know which I'm going with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom