Increasing racist attacks on Asians (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2021/02/09/attacks-asian-american-elderly-/

I will admit, I didn't know anything about these these strings of attacks and the murder of elderly Asian American out west. Really disturbing. In most cases, they have caught sub human scum that have committed these crimes.
    In the case of the murder of Ratanapakdee, I sincerely hope the death penalty will be sought, although that is not possible in the state of CA.

How come you think that age- something we can't control but can play a factor when it comes to the commission of crimes- deserves a harsher punishment- while other immutable characteristics don't get the same consideration? If we are all the same under the law, why do you support disparate punishments in one situation but not in a comparable situation?
    You actually want to argue if age and race are the same thing in regards to the law? LOL. You are just against anything I type. That is now obvious.

Do you think we as a society should protect the weak? I would assume yes. Do you consider certain races weaker than others? What about the elderly?

Sorry, but your attempt at a gotcha is just stupid.

You actually want to argue if age and race are the same thing in regards to the law? LOL. You are just against anything I type. That is now obvious.

Do you think we as a society should protect the weak? I would assume yes. Do you consider certain races weaker than others? What about the elderly?

Sorry, but your attempt at a gotcha is just stupid.

So it's about protecting the weak. I see.

I guess that means killing a 36 y/o 5'4 140-pound asthmatic accountant should carry harsher punishment than killing a 34 y/o 6'2 260-pound bodybuilder. The accountant is clearly weaker.

But... what if the accountant is also an avid gun enthusiast with expert marksmanship and he's armed at the time? Does his skill with the gun he was carrying make him stronger, or are we focusing strictly on bench press numbers?

Last edited:
    @Farb

You think laws are to protect the weak?

That’s adorable

No, laws are to protect society against the weak minded.

Lemme guess - you have more respect for someone that steals food for their family than those that accept charity.

No, I think the 'hate crime' laws were passed so that leaders could pass a virtue signaling law to show they are doing something while actually not doing anything at all. It is you guys that believe them.
    But yes this dude deserves everything he gets.
    So you are against hate crime laws, but are ok with them in this case....

Yeah, I have never heard that before! LOL. Yeah, I hear it all the time, mainly from the DNC. I don't know if anyone has told you before but racism is not exclusive to white nationalism. I would be willing to bet that white supremacy is not nearly a threat as much as the bigotry of low expectations is to minority in this country. But votes are needed and propaganda arm of the DNC (media) will make sure everyone only sees the white nationalist boogeyman.
    I consider racism to be a feeling. What would you consider racism, on it basic human level?
    If Paul is still lurking he just yelled “Hallelujah!!” reading this

So it's about protecting the weak. I see.

I guess that means killing a 36 y/o 5'4 140-pound asthmatic accountant should carry harsher punishment than killing a 34 y/o 6'2 260-pound bodybuilder. The accountant is clearly weaker.

But... what if the accountant is also an avid gun enthusiast with expert marksmanship and he's armed at the time? Does his skill with the gun he was carrying make him stronger, or are we focusing strictly on bench press numbers?
    This is a dumb logic train for even you.
    Who is weaker, a 5 year old kid or a 34 year old incel virgin with pink hair with a BLM mask on in his mothers basement screeching about the patriarchy?
    I have the utmost faith that if you apply yourself, you can figure out the meaning of the word 'weak' and apply it the same way humans have been applying it for centuries, the world over in regards to power and government.

@Farb

You think laws are to protect the weak?

That’s adorable

No, laws are to protect society against the weak minded.

Lemme guess - you have more respect for someone that steals food for their family than those that accept charity.
    Did I say that? I didn't.
    But you are also correct on why law exist.
    No, I respect the person that accepts charity more than the person that breaks the law.
    Now if you want to discuss where I think the 'charity' should come from, that is a discussion we can have.

This is a dumb logic train for even you.
    Who is weaker, a 5 year old kid or a 34 year old incel virgin with pink hair with a BLM mask on in his mothers basement screeching about the patriarchy?
    I have the utmost faith that if you apply yourself, you can figure out the meaning of the word 'weak' and apply it the same way humans have been applying it for centuries, the world over in regards to power and government.

bullshirt. You don't get to make a claim, then laugh off the logical endpoint.

I agree that crimes committed against a 5-year-old should carry harsher punishments. Their age played a role in their victimhood, just as race plays a role in the victimhood of someone attacked for being African American.

Did I say that? I didn't.
    But you are also correct on why law exist.
    No, I respect the person that accepts charity more than the person that breaks the law.
    Now if you want to discuss where I think the 'charity' should come from, that is a discussion we can have.

How do we protect the weak- hell, how do we protect *anyone*- if not through the law?

He ran himself off if you really want to know.
    I was always curious, he posted a lot and then just vanished after the repeated pile ons. Thanks for the update though.

bullshirt. You don't get to make a claim, then laugh off the logical endpoint.

I agree that crimes committed against a 5-year-old should carry harsher punishments. Their age played a role in their victimhood, just as race plays a role in the victimhood of someone attacked for being African American.
    Then why make the foolish argument to begin with if you agree with me? I know you like to argue but damn!! LOL

Then why make the foolish argument to begin with if you agree with me? I know you like to argue but damn!! LOL

We are in agreement? So you support harsher punishments for race-based crimes?

We are in agreement? So you support harsher punishments for race-based crimes?
    Nope, our law is equal for all, we should not have laws on the books because of a persons race. Your comparison to a minor really doesn't make sense.

Nope, our law is equal for all, we should not have laws on the books because of a persons race. Your comparison to a minor really doesn't make sense.
    Our law is equal for all, but not for all (ages).

Do you even hear yourself?

Sure it does. Your inability to grasp a simple concept does not mean the concept is wrong.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom