Immigration is completely out of control (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SystemShock

Uh yu ka t'ann
    Reaction score
    A couple of days ago, one of the main US-MX border points of entry was blocked by 1000's of migrants demanding entry into the country, which caused chaos for those who lawfully cross the border on business, for work, or for delivery of goods, both ways.

Lawful border crossings are getting progressively worse across the border, and drug cartels are finding it easier to move product, as the CBP has to transfer personnel and efforts to the processing of migrants.

It's not different on MX's South border. Yesterday, ~5000 migrants stormed into Chiapas all the way to the INM building (INM is immigration) running over fences, barricades, and elements of the National Guard. They are now taking over an ecological park in Tapachula, Chiapas, which it's going to be severely affected, as it's been the case with just about everywhere migrants squat.

Unfortunately, Juan Trump (that's Donald Trump's pet name for the President of México) was bamboozled by his "friend" Donald into making MX a "lobby" for migrants trying to reach the U.S.

Many people would argue that migrants are "good for the economy", but that is not always the case. Billions of dollars leave the U.S. economy every year, because migrants send money from the U.S. to other countries to support families there. The biggest destinations are India and MX, to the tune of 100 billion dollars in 2023 alone, according to the Bank of México (kind of like the MX version of the Fed). These billions of dollars do not circulate in the U.S. economy.

Speaking of inflation, the past year, the U.S. dollar has lost ~20% of its value against the MX peso. One of the main reasons for it, is the amount of money being sent to MX from the U.S. And MX is the U.S. 2nd largest trading partner.

Gregg Abbott is a lot of things, but I don't blame him for his attempts at curbing the hordes of people demanding entry into the U.S., even the busing of migrants to other States, making some put their money where their mouth is, like the Mayor of NYC, who was so welcoming of migrants, until he he got a taste, then went crying to the federal government for more money, while the shelters were at full capacity; shelters which BTW serve the NYC poor as well.

And please, no one mention a wall. There is a wall. A wall can be climbed; a wall can be dug under.; holes can be punched through walls.

I was agreeing with you. I didn't say anything that contradicts what you're saying.
    I wasn't sure, so I was just stating what I believe and why clearly.

For what it's worth, you have always struck me as someone who treats everyone with respect, kindness and compassion, even if they sometimes give you reasons not to.

They may, but the courts might think differently, and likely the SC for reasons similar to what they argued when Trump administration did something similar. Maybe there's more to it or they might view it differently now, but I suspect not.
    Right, but what I was trying to get through to SFL is this Admin doesn’t work like Trump’s did. If Biden is putting this out there he has received opinions that it complies with current laws. And if it is struck down by the courts then he will abide by that.

I think you might be confusing two different EO’s. Trump never tried to give legal status to spouses of US citizens that are undocumented, quite the opposite. I vividly remember reading about a woman whose spouse was deported after years of marriage and children. She had voted for Trump and it was instant regret.

I wasn't sure, so I was just stating what I believe and why clearly.

For what it's worth, you have always struck me as someone who treats everyone with respect, kindness and compassion, even if they sometimes give you reasons not to.
    Oh I've had a day here and there, lol. But yeah, I try to extend the same courtesy I would hope is extended to me. I just wish more people had a bit more empathy when discussing things that deeply affect people who have faced suffering and struggles.

And while we don't always agree, I've always felt like you try to call a spade a spade, and if definitions aren't always agreed on. :9:

Right, but what I was trying to get through to SFL is this Admin doesn’t work like Trump’s did. If Biden is putting this out there he has received opinions that it complies with current laws. And if it is struck down by the courts then he will abide by that.

I think you might be confusing two different EO’s. Trump never tried to give legal status to spouses of US citizens that are undocumented, quite the opposite. I vividly remember reading about a woman whose spouse was deported after years of marriage and children. She had voted for Trump and it was instant regret.
    Well, that's why I stated I felt like I was a bit short on the details. I haven't read the EO and I'm not sure how it compares, but I do know the comparisons have been made.

That said, tinkering with immigration rules has long been more of a Congressional matter more than Executive, and really that's more what I'm thinking about as being problematic.

Oh I've had a day here and there, lol. But yeah, I try to extend the same courtesy I would hope is extended to me. I just wish more people had a bit more empathy when discussing things that deeply affect people who have faced suffering and struggles.

And while we don't always agree, I've always felt like you try to call a spade a spade, and if definitions aren't always agreed on. :9:
    I'm both angry and scared about what I see as a rapid decline of empathy within our society. That has to happen to create an environment that has the potential to lead to mass murder, actively or passively.

Well, that says more about Congress than anything else. If Congress actually cared and did their job, we wouldn't have the border mess we currently are in.
    The House passed the immigration bill HR 2 back in 2023. I'm not sure why the Senate didn't take it up.

Because the President can't unilaterally declare foreigners citizens. Congress makes the laws. Not the President.
    That’s not what the EO does. It just gives them status to remain in the country. If they want to become citizens they will have to go through the process like anyone else.

Did one of the people you follow on Twitter say that the EO was making them citizens? Or did you mis-read it? I’m genuinely curious now.

Last edited:
    Trump never did anything like this. That would require Trump understanding the law, knowing what the courts have done in the past, understanding how government works, and working through all of that and taking a thought out action based on all of that.

Trump definitely has no idea how government works.

Trump tried to ban Muslims, so he did try. It caused mass chaos.

Trump didn’t know any better, and wouldn’t have cared if he had.

The DHS Secretary understands our immigration laws better than anyone in the country. They know this EO is illegal.

The second EO that would give parole and the chance to apply for a green card to many people who currently have no path, is legal given the broad authority courts have given the president with regards to parole.

It is a good thing they did them in separate EOs.

That’s not what the EO does. It just gives them status to remain in the country. If they want to become citizens they will have to go through the process like anyone else.

Did one of the people you follow on Twitter say that the EO was making them citizens? Or did you mis-read it? I’m genuinely curious now.
    If Biden would give them a path to permanent legal status, what would they be eventually?

US Citizens

The Biden administration is making plans to announce one of the largest immigration relief programs in recent history, developing a policy that would offer legal status to hundreds of thousands of immigrants living in the country without proper documents, four people familiar with the plans told CBS News.

A program being developed by White House officials would offer work permits and deportation protections to unauthorized immigrants married to U.S. citizens, as long as they have lived in the U.S. for at least 10 years, the sources said, requesting anonymity to talk about internal government plans.

The proposal, known as "Parole in Place," would also open up a pathway to permanent legal status and U.S. citizenship for some beneficiaries by removing an obstacle in U.S. law that prevents those who entered the U.S. illegally from obtaining green cards without leaving the country.

On a separate note it's laughable that CBS would talk about "an obstacle in US law."

If Biden would give them a path to permanent legal status, what would they be eventually?

US Citizens

The Biden administration is making plans to announce one of the largest immigration relief programs in recent history, developing a policy that would offer legal status to hundreds of thousands of immigrants living in the country without proper documents, four people familiar with the plans told CBS News.

A program being developed by White House officials would offer work permits and deportation protections to unauthorized immigrants married to U.S. citizens, as long as they have lived in the U.S. for at least 10 years, the sources said, requesting anonymity to talk about internal government plans.

The proposal, known as "Parole in Place," would also open up a pathway to permanent legal status and U.S. citizenship for some beneficiaries by removing an obstacle in U.S. law that prevents those who entered the U.S. illegally from obtaining green cards without leaving the country.

On a separate note it's laughable that CBS would talk about "an obstacle in US law."

He’s going to give parole to people who are immediate relatives of US citizens.

That is the only thing this EO will do.

People who have been living here for years and in most cases decades, and are family members of US citizens, are going to be given a lawful status that allows them to be considered inspected and admitted or paroled.

US Citizens

So you’re doubling down, AGAIN? They could only become citizens if they go through the process like anyone else. So the EO doesn’t make them citizens which is what you said it did.

This is weak, SFL. Own up to saying something that isn’t true.

So you’re doubling down, AGAIN? They could only become citizens if they go through the process like anyone else. So the EO doesn’t make them citizens which is what you said it did.

This is weak, SFL. Own up to saying something that isn’t true.
    If they go through the process like everyone else?

Anyone else going through the normal process wouldn’t be allowed to stay in the country. They would be allowed into the country once they finished the legal immigration process.

You have some nerve telling me to own up to something that isn't true when I showed that you posted in the past that the pee tape was true ans Trump was a Russian agent. After I posted screenshot showing you saying those things you still won't admit you were wrong.

If they go through the process like everyone else?
    Yes, they are not being made citizens by Biden’s EO, which is what you said. You are wrong. You won’t admit it.

Anyone else going through the normal process wouldn’t be allowed to stay in the country. They would be allowed into the country once they finished the legal immigration process.
    You know, Trump deported a bunch of these people. They have been here for decades, are married to US citizens and often have children. They pay their taxes, and have no criminal records. The EO stipulates these things. You know why Trump quit deporting them? The backlash was horrendous. He was breaking up families for no reason. Even Trump figured out this was a stupid idea.

You have some nerve telling me to own up to something that isn't true when I showed that you posted in the past that the pee tape was true ans Trump was a Russian agent. After I posted screenshot showing you saying those things you still won't admit you were wrong.
    Quit beating a dead horse. You and I disagree about what was happening in those screenshots. Since I wrote them I think I can tell you what I was doing, and I have repeatedly told you that we were speculating about a recent revelation, speculating about whether it is true or not. I’m sure you saw the posts where I said I didn’t believe Trump was a Russian agent, but rather a useful idiot to Putin. I stand by that opinion.

You have been shown a clear case where you flatly stated something that isn’t true, and you cannot admit it. 🤷‍♀️ Apples to oranges.

Show me where the teaching of Jesus says that those statements only cover their equals.. I bet you cant
    The original message was for the believers in Yahweh, the Hebrews. When the Bible says your brother, your sister, your neighbor, it literally means your biological sister, your biological brother, and the person living next (or closest to you) which would be the people in your tribe, your culture, like you. It was only after the Roman Empire made Christianity the official religion, and decided to ram it into the throats of everyone they've conquered, and Spain, France, Portugal and England followed suit, that the message became for everyone.

I am sure you think that the concept of love in the Bible is the same as the concept of love nowadays.

Being granted legal residency is not the same thing as being granted citizenship.

You mistakenly said Biden's EO would grant people citizenship. It will not.

...you still won't admit you were wrong.
    Welcome to our world in dealing with you. Sucks, don't it?

Refugees go to the nearest safe haven initially. And yes Russia and China are also getting refugees and so is Europe. When people are starving og dying due to heat or lack of water - they move. You make it sound like everyone is comming to the US and that is not correct

I don't sound like that... I am questioning why people who leave a particular situation make the trip from so far away and bypass multiple countries where their situation is ameliorated. Surely people coming from as far as India, Ghana, Bangladesh, etc. can find safe heaven in many places before reaching the MX-U.S. border. Even people Ecuador, or Venezuela could stop in Panama, Costa Rica, even MX.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom