Hunter Biden (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

FullMonte

Reaction score
    Lost in all the news coverage about what's going on in the US right now is this bit of information.

The Ukrainian government has completed an audit of thousands of case files related to Burisma. Ruslan Ryaboshapka (the prosecutor general), described by Zelenskiy as "100 percent my person" in the July phone call with president Trump said "I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden's alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind."

Not that anyone SHOULD be surprised to find out that Hunter Biden was not implicated in something that was done by the CEO of Burisma in his role as a government employee, that happened two years before Biden joined the board.

Hunter Biden listened to Fleet Foxes while getting a lapdance. IDC about this trial, but I do want to hangout with the guy now.

I certainly would hope so, but I assume the modified form that was ruled inadmissible by the judge was part of the documentation in the plea deal, so...idk.
    I may not have been clear in what I was asking, but I will say that with what I was referring to, I hope not.

What I was getting at was the precedent being set of negotiating a plea agreement for someone to plead guilty to a crime, going so far as to have that agreement typed up, where the individual admits to details of the crime in exchange for an agreed upon sentence. At that point, the plea agreement is withdrawn, and the individual is prosecuted, and the details he admitted to in his plea agreement are used against him in court.

In short, it would be a way around the 5th amendment for unscrupulous prosecutors.

I may not have been clear in what I was asking, but I will say that with what I was referring to, I hope not.

What I was getting at was the precedent being set of negotiating a plea agreement for someone to plead guilty to a crime, going so far as to have that agreement typed up, where the individual admits to details of the crime in exchange for an agreed upon sentence. At that point, the plea agreement is withdrawn, and the individual is prosecuted, and the details he admitted to in his plea agreement are used against him in court.

In short, it would be a way around the 5th amendment for unscrupulous prosecutors.
    Could be, I really don't know how that would work. It's a good, and probably pivotal question.

……If the president’s no-pardon vow highlighted one awkward fit for Republicans trying to project Trump’s imagery of “crooked Joe” and “the Biden crime family”, another was presented by the fact that the main accusation against Hunter concerns breaching gun laws, which the GOP favours keeping as loose as possible, contrasting with Democrats’ pleas for tighter controls.

As he stood trial for transgressing federal gun background regulations, the Republican-led House of Representative this week narrowly passed a measure that would exempt military veterans who had been reported to the FBI over mental health concerns from being on the register for such checks.

Larry Jacobs, a professor of politics at the University of Minnesota, said the contradiction exposed an irrationality at the heart of the Republican argument.

“This is a story that contradicts a central political agenda point for the Republicans – namely, that guns ought to be more readily available,” he said.

“And here Hunter Biden is getting a gun and he’s being prosecuted for it. Rather than the right standing up and saying, this is false prosecution, it shows the overzealousness of the justice system, they’re so locked into a kind of Biden hate that they can’t think straight.”

Far from focusing on the case’s merits, segments of the Trump-cheering media have contrived to put a sinister gloss on the public support Joe Biden and his wife, Jill – who attended the trial for several days this week – have given Hunter.

When a photo circulated of the president and Hunter on a bike ride last weekend, Greg Gutfeld, a Fox News host, speculated that Joe Biden was subliminally warning jurors.

“That photo is a message. It’s Delaware for: remember, jurors, I’m the president, and I can always call the IRS,” Gutfield told viewers.

Fox’s legal analyst, Jeanine Pirro, accused Jill Biden of “using a mob tactic” by appearing in court, saying it was meant to intimidate the jury, according to Media Matters for America, a monitoring group that has compiled a list of conservative media soundbites on the trial. It showed a trend of commentators trying to depict Joe and Jill Biden as subtly interfering in the proceedings.

Some GOP politicians have picked up that theme. Ted Cruz, the rightwing Republican senator for Texas, suggested on his podcast that the president had engaged in “witness tampering” by recently visiting the home of Hallie Biden, Beau’s widow, who last week testified as a witness for the prosecution.

Matt Gertz, a senior fellow at Media Matters, said the sniping was aimed at preparing for a possible acquittal. “Therefore they sort of create some sort of explanation that fits in with their broader narrative,” said Gertz. The narrative, he said, depicted a justice system that punished Republicans while letting Democrats off scot-free…….

……If the president’s no-pardon vow highlighted one awkward fit for Republicans trying to project Trump’s imagery of “crooked Joe” and “the Biden crime family”, another was presented by the fact that the main accusation against Hunter concerns breaching gun laws, which the GOP favours keeping as loose as possible, contrasting with Democrats’ pleas for tighter controls.

As he stood trial for transgressing federal gun background regulations, the Republican-led House of Representative this week narrowly passed a measure that would exempt military veterans who had been reported to the FBI over mental health concerns from being on the register for such checks.

Larry Jacobs, a professor of politics at the University of Minnesota, said the contradiction exposed an irrationality at the heart of the Republican argument.

“This is a story that contradicts a central political agenda point for the Republicans – namely, that guns ought to be more readily available,” he said.

“And here Hunter Biden is getting a gun and he’s being prosecuted for it. Rather than the right standing up and saying, this is false prosecution, it shows the overzealousness of the justice system, they’re so locked into a kind of Biden hate that they can’t think straight.”

Far from focusing on the case’s merits, segments of the Trump-cheering media have contrived to put a sinister gloss on the public support Joe Biden and his wife, Jill – who attended the trial for several days this week – have given Hunter.

When a photo circulated of the president and Hunter on a bike ride last weekend, Greg Gutfeld, a Fox News host, speculated that Joe Biden was subliminally warning jurors.

“That photo is a message. It’s Delaware for: remember, jurors, I’m the president, and I can always call the IRS,” Gutfield told viewers.

Fox’s legal analyst, Jeanine Pirro, accused Jill Biden of “using a mob tactic” by appearing in court, saying it was meant to intimidate the jury, according to Media Matters for America, a monitoring group that has compiled a list of conservative media soundbites on the trial. It showed a trend of commentators trying to depict Joe and Jill Biden as subtly interfering in the proceedings.

Some GOP politicians have picked up that theme. Ted Cruz, the rightwing Republican senator for Texas, suggested on his podcast that the president had engaged in “witness tampering” by recently visiting the home of Hallie Biden, Beau’s widow, who last week testified as a witness for the prosecution.

Matt Gertz, a senior fellow at Media Matters, said the sniping was aimed at preparing for a possible acquittal. “Therefore they sort of create some sort of explanation that fits in with their broader narrative,” said Gertz. The narrative, he said, depicted a justice system that punished Republicans while letting Democrats off scot-free…….

It's going to increase ten-fold if that acquittal comes in.

These conservative pundits count on huge stupidity. After all of the congressmen showed up to Trump's trial, I don't think Pirro thought that was a mob tactic, while Hunter's family is a mob! To consider removing troubled veterans with mental health concerns from registries to make it easier for them to get guns, while calling for prosecution for Hunter due his addiction, which is mental health issue, is ridiculous hypocrisy. The others comments about the bike ride and visiting his son's widow are loony toons. It is beyond bizarre that these people retain credibility.

Of course he is. Weiss is a Republican who was appointed by Trump and assigned to the case by Trump’s DOJ. You didn’t know this?
    The same Trump DOJ that was investigating Trump? It's obvious Trump didn't have much control over his DOJ.

He is a Republican. Okay and what do you think that means exactly?

Trump has nothing to do with Hunter's prosecution or any Republicans because the DOJ is under control of a Democrat President.

The same Trump DOJ that was investigating Trump? It's obvious Trump didn't have much control over his DOJ.

He is a Republican. Okay and what do you think that means exactly?

Trump has nothing to do with Hunter's prosecution or any Republicans because the DOJ is under control of a Democrat President.
    Either Trump and Biden didn't/don't have much control over their respective DOJs, or they both did. This double standard nonsense is all too obvious from you.

Either Trump and Biden didn't/don't have much control over their respective DOJs, or they both did. This double standard nonsense is all too obvious from you.
    Trump’s DOJ was secretly investigating him and lying to him as well. What kind of control do you think Trump had in that kind of situation?

Can you point to anything similar to that that shows Biden doesn't have control over his DOJ?

What about slowwalking Hunter's investigation until the statue of limitations ran out on the more serious felony tax chargersand Hunter initially getting an unprecedented plea deal? That sounds like Biden has plenty control over his DOJ

The judge said she couldn’t find another example of a diversion agreement so broad that it shielded the defendant from charges in a different case. Leo Wise, a prosecutor working for Weiss, told the judge he also was unaware of any such precedent.

Trump’s DOJ was secretly investigating him and lying to him as well. What kind of control do you think Trump had in that kind of situation?

Can you point to anything similar to that that shows Biden doesn't have control over his DOJ?

What about slowwalking Hunter's investigation until the statue of limitations ran out on the more serious felony tax chargersand Hunter initially getting an unprecedented plea deal? That sounds like Biden has plenty control over his DOJ

The judge said she couldn’t find another example of a diversion agreement so broad that it shielded the defendant from charges in a different case. Leo Wise, a prosecutor working for Weiss, told the judge he also was unaware of any such precedent.
    You do you. The double standard is still painfully obvious to me.

This is just nonsensical BS. Biden hasn’t committed any crimes, so why would the DOJ investigate him? It’s a stupid and impossible bar to clear, but that’s why you said it. You are the one making the claim that Biden is controlling the DOJ - the burden of proof is on you.

Spoiler alert: You don’t have any proof. At all. Which is why you make crazy posts like the one I just posted part of.

Also - Trump was shielded by his own DOJ during the Cohen investigation, and then his AG Barr killed the federal investigation. This is documented and well known.

That’s why NY state had to take up the case.

This prosecution started under Trump by a person Trump appointed. They weren’t trying to get him for back taxes and an error on a gun permit application. They couldn’t find anything else, that’s why it took so long. Your spin is highly partisan and patently false.

Biden could have shut the investigation down when he won, he could have replaced the prosecutor. But he didn’t because he didn’t want to interfere with his son’s case. That’s a funny way to exert control isn’t it?

What do you think Trump would have done if the situation were reversed? This question is a great gauge of your ability to be truthful, BTW. I predict you will ignore it even if it is asked repeatedly.

This is just nonsensical BS. Biden hasn’t committed any crimes, so why would the DOJ investigate him? It’s a stupid and impossible bar to clear, but that’s why you said it. You are the one making the claim that Biden is controlling the DOJ - the burden of proof is on you.

Spoiler alert: You don’t have any proof. At all. Which is why you make crazy posts like the one I just posted part of.

Also - Trump was shielded by his own DOJ during the Cohen investigation, and then his AG Barr killed the federal investigation. This is documented and well known.

That’s why NY state had to take up the case.
    You sound like an unemployed Democrat strategist. Time to come up with new talking points. They aren't fooling anyone.

maybe they should take it directly to the Supreme Court like trump does. Now we will see how a real president acts not a conman.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom