Hunter Biden (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

FullMonte

Reaction score
    Lost in all the news coverage about what's going on in the US right now is this bit of information.

The Ukrainian government has completed an audit of thousands of case files related to Burisma. Ruslan Ryaboshapka (the prosecutor general), described by Zelenskiy as "100 percent my person" in the July phone call with president Trump said "I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden's alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind."

Not that anyone SHOULD be surprised to find out that Hunter Biden was not implicated in something that was done by the CEO of Burisma in his role as a government employee, that happened two years before Biden joined the board.

Oh...and speaking of Weiss. Was he confirmed by the Senate as a special prosecutor? Those in Trump's camp are saying that a special counsel is not legal if they weren't confirmed by the Senate. I'm wondering when they are going to demand that Hunter's case be thrown out like they are for Trump's case.
    They are not the sharpest tools in the shed.

See, this is why it is so difficult to argue reality with a crazy conspiracy theorist. They will make sure they have every base covered. Hunter is convicted of lying on a piece of paper - “he’s guilty of everything!” Hunter gets acquitted - “it was all a deep state plot”. The people that believe this kind of crap have serious mental issues. They cannot exist in reality, it seems.

Only reason this is going in is because Weiss was relegated to the RINO class for offering Hunter a plea deal and his Republicans went ballistic. Usually these things never see a courtroom if they see the addict has actually been trying to handle their addiction appropriately.

MAKE MURICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
    (By throwing recovering addicts behind bars for succumbing to their illness...)

Only reason this is going in is because Weiss was relegated to the RINO class for offering Hunter a plea deal and his Republicans went ballistic. Usually these things never see a courtroom if they see the addict has actually been trying to handle their addiction appropriately.

MAKE MURICA GREAT AGAIN!!!
    (By throwing recovering addicts behind bars for succumbing to their illness...)
    Interestingly enough, this shows the difference between Biden and Trump. Biden has stated he would accept whatever the court rules and would not pardon Hunter. Anyone think Trump would do the same? I doubt it, lol.

Interestingly enough, this shows the difference between Biden and Trump. Biden has stated he would accept whatever the court rules and would not pardon Hunter. Anyone think Trump would do the same? I doubt it, lol.
    Credible evidence he and Rudy were attempting to sell pardons for $1M each in the final days of Trump’s admin.

Question for the legal experts:

Hunter Biden agreed to a plea agreement that was discarded. Can prosecutors use information that Hunter Biden provided during the negotiations of that plea agreement in trial?

Question for the legal experts:

Hunter Biden agreed to a plea agreement that was discarded. Can prosecutors use information that Hunter Biden provided during the negotiations of that plea agreement in trial?
    I certainly would hope so, but I assume the modified form that was ruled inadmissible by the judge was part of the documentation in the plea deal, so...idk.

Yep, and the false equivalencies will continue. Trumps case(s) are not like this Hunter Biden case. Not remotely close. And guess what, if Hunter is found guilty, so be it, he can suffer whatever consequences. And Trump should suffer the consequences of his actions, which have been excused for far too long.
    I've had this frame of mind from the start. If you have the goods on Hunter, convict him and let him pay the price the court deems. Even if this is following the RINO/Trump model of accusing others for things you're guilty of - taking this to court for political show.

My issue with this is that charges like this are seldom taken to trial. I get the optics regarding impartiality but the entire episode is bullschlitz. Still, play out the kabuki theatre for the RW to feel self-righteous and when or if the judge imposes some ridiculously long sentence then the sentence will get appealed. Blah, blah, blah…

My issue with this is that charges like this are seldom taken to trial. I get the optics regarding impartiality but the entire episode is bullschlitz. Still, play out the kabuki theatre for the RW to feel self-righteous and when or if the judge imposes some ridiculously long sentence then the sentence will get appealed. Blah, blah, blah…
    Seldom may be an exaggeration. I've heard Dan Abrams say that this is the ONLY time in U.S. history that lying on a gun form about addiction has been charged without the gun being used in a crime.

Seldom may be an exaggeration. I've heard Dan Abrams say that this is the ONLY time in U.S. history that lying on a gun form about addiction has been charged without the gun being used in a crime.
    If he's convicted and sentenced to prison, I'd be very surprised if this holds up under appeals.

Ok, no joke. I am 95% certain that Joe will at a minimum give Hunter a commutation when it's all said and done if he's not pardoned at all. If he's defeated in November, he'll pardon him. If he wins, he'll commute the sentence. No way he lets his son stay in jail for any extended period of time on such a stupid charge. Either way he won't have to re-face the voters.

Ok, no joke. I am 95% certain that Joe will at a minimum give Hunter a commutation when it's all said and done if he's not pardoned at all. If he's defeated in November, he'll pardon him. If he wins, he'll commute the sentence. No way he lets his son stay in jail for any extended period of time on such a stupid charge. Either way he won't have to re-face the voters.
    I guess we'll see. Fwiw, I don't think he's gonna get more than a month or 2 of prison if anything at all.

I guess we'll see. Fwiw, I don't think he's gonna get more than a month or 2 of prison if anything at all.
    I doubt Joe will pardon him for the gun case if the sentence is very short, which it should be, since this is such a minor crime. If they give him a long sentence, then I think Joe will commute it, and no reasonable person will blame him. Joe may pardon Hunter for the tax evasion crime before he leaves office.

I doubt Joe will pardon him for the gun case if the sentence is very short, which it should be, since this is such a minor crime. If they give him a long sentence, then I think Joe will commute it, and no reasonable person will blame him. Joe may pardon Hunter for the tax evasion crime before he leaves office.
    I don't think he should be pardoned for tax evasion if whatever penalty is within the norm.

The gun charge should have been settled out of court. They better not give him a prison sentence because virtually no one ever has gone to prison for this without some sort of gun crime charge. The whole thing is nothing more than political shenanigans.

They asked Biden today (at least I saw it this morning on TV) and he said he won’t pardon Hunter. I don’t think he will either, as I expect no significant jail time. In truth, there should be no jail time at all, since he has cleaned up his drug issue, no crime committed with gun, only had it for 18 days, etc. I would guess a fine and probation. Maybe some community service.

Okay, I just saw this, hoping someone with more knowledge than I have can discern it. The second tweet makes it sound like the prosecution had an issue in court today.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom