Hunter Biden (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

FullMonte

Reaction score
    Lost in all the news coverage about what's going on in the US right now is this bit of information.

The Ukrainian government has completed an audit of thousands of case files related to Burisma. Ruslan Ryaboshapka (the prosecutor general), described by Zelenskiy as "100 percent my person" in the July phone call with president Trump said "I specifically asked prosecutors to check especially carefully those facts about Biden's alleged involvement. They answered that there was nothing of the kind."

Not that anyone SHOULD be surprised to find out that Hunter Biden was not implicated in something that was done by the CEO of Burisma in his role as a government employee, that happened two years before Biden joined the board.

The only reason this case didn’t result in a plea deal is because the GOP in the House threw a complete fit, with Trump’s lackeys’ help, and the judge, appointed by Trump, threw the plea deal out. The special prosecutor did offer a plea deal, politics is the only reason there isn’t one and we are wasting money to prosecute this.

The judge not allowing the defense to point out that the gun seller broke the law, and isn’t being prosecuted and allowing the exclusion of the actual form that proves the crime, sounds really off to me. I would love to hear the legal justification for that. IMO the jury needs to see the form, that’s crucial.

How will this case cause a crack down on gun sellers breaking the law when the seller isn’t being charged?

Also, the law doesn’t work the way you suggest. Hunter shouldn’t get time in jail because the judge, jury or prosecutors feel he deserves it due to past misbehavior. If he warrants time for this crime, then he should get it. If he warrants probation, then he should get it.

The only reason this case didn’t result in a plea deal is because the GOP in the House threw a complete fit, with Trump’s lackeys’ help, and the judge, appointed by Trump, threw the plea deal out. The special prosecutor did offer a plea deal, politics is the only reason there isn’t one and we are wasting money to prosecute this.

The judge not allowing the defense to point out that the gun seller broke the law, and isn’t being prosecuted and allowing the exclusion of the actual form that proves the crime, sounds really off to me. I would love to hear the legal justification for that. IMO the jury needs to see the form, that’s crucial.

How will this case cause a crack down on gun sellers breaking the law when the seller isn’t being charged?

Also, the law doesn’t work the way you suggest. Hunter shouldn’t get time in jail because the judge, jury or prosecutors feel he deserves it due to past misbehavior. If he warrants time for this crime, then he should get it. If he warrants probation, then he should get it.
    As I understand this, HB is on trial for obtaining a gun by falsifying the form to obtain the weapon and yet, that form will not be used as evidence? They're defense should be "where is the evidence?" because everything else the prosecution can present to the jury does not address the charge of filing false or fictitious written statements.

As I understand this, HB is on trial for obtaining a gun by falsifying the form to obtain the weapon and yet, that form will not be used as evidence? They're defense should be "where is the evidence?" because everything else the prosecution can present to the jury does not address the charge of filing false or fictitious written statements.
    Yeah, a case about the documents without the actual documents isn't gonna get very far, lol.

The only reason? Lol.

The actual reason is because they got caught trying to hide the unprecedented future immunity agreement from the judge and Weiss backtracked when the judge asked him about it.

These gun charges are simply cover for Weiss after his plea deal got exposed.

He's lucky that's the only thing he got charged with. Weiss tried to not charge him with anything until the immunity agreement was exposed.

Maybe Hunter can get the CIA to step in for him again and maybe get the trial canceled.

Yeah, a case about the documents without the actual documents isn't gonna get very far, lol.
    I think the defense is stipulating that HB filled out the gun form wrong. The defense is focusing on HB’s state of mind when he filled out the form.

It’s hard to believe Republicans care about a gun purchase. How many of them are probably alcoholics or addicted to something yet have bought guns? I thought Republicans didn’t want gun regulations?! Why isn’t the NRA defending HB?

The only reason? Lol.

The actual reason is because they got caught trying to hide the unprecedented future immunity agreement from the judge and Weiss backtracked when the judge asked him about it.

These gun charges are simply cover for Weiss after his plea deal got exposed.

He's lucky that's the only thing he got charged with. Weiss tried to not charge him with anything until the immunity agreement was exposed.

Maybe Hunter can get the CIA to step in for him again and maybe get the trial canceled.
    Why do you care about a gun purchase that didn’t result in a crime? Do you support more gun regulation? Do you support background checks for all sales?

Why do you care about a gun purchase that didn’t result in a crime? Do you support more gun regulation? Do you support background checks for all sales?
    I don't care about it. I care more about the Biden DOJ slow walking Hunter's investigation so most of the statute of limitations ran out and the unprecedented plea deal they tried to sneak in.

That all happened while Biden is trying to jail his political opponent.

I don't care about it. I care more about the Biden DOJ slow walking Hunter's investigation so most of the statute of limitations ran out and the unprecedented plea deal they tried to sneak in.

Last sentence you wrote was a lie. You know it but you refuse to accept it.

The DOJ slow-walked nothing.

The judge that oversaw the negating of the plea deal was a Trump appointee and likely as corrupt as Aileen Cannon.

MAGA crowd witty pretty no matter the result

If Hunter is acquitted it’s “of course Biden’s DOJ deliberately botched the case so his son would be found not guilty”

If he’s convicted it’s “a blatantly obvious political move to prove the Trump verdict was not a blatantly obvious political move. Expect a pardon soon”

Are you equally furious about Cannon’s and the Supreme Court’s slow walking of judgements to prevent the Trump trials, which are far more egregious?

Are you equally furious about Cannon’s and the Supreme Court’s slow walking of judgements to prevent the Trump trials, which are far more egregious?
    Cannon is slow walking? It's the opposite.

The average federal conspiracy and fraud trial takes 1.5 to 2 years from indictment to trial(many January 6th defendants had the same time frame).

Jack Smith requested a trial within 5 months on a case that is more complex than the average trial.

Jack Smith has been trying to rush through the motions and normal court procedures.

The average federal conspiracy and fraud trial takes 1.5 to 2 years from indictment to trial(many January 6th defendants had the same time frame).

Jack Smith requested a trial within 5 months on a case that is more complex than the average trial.

Jack Smith has been trying to rush through the motions and normal court procedures.

I agree that Jack Smith is trying to move fast, otherwise the case may never happen, but it's a joke to think that Hunter's delays are remotely similar to Trump's trials. Besides, you skirted my question, because I asked about Cannon and the Supreme Court, not Jack Smith. The SC should've taken up the immunity claim months ago, and should've ruled by now. Cannon hasn't ruled on practically any of the motions, and most are simple.

Since you may not be able to open the NYT, here are excerpts of an article from March about Cannon:
    "But outside of the unique issues raised by Mr. Trump’s status as a former president (for example, immunity and the Presidential Records Act), the prosecution against him is actually not particularly complex. The volume of classified records subject to discovery is not outside the norm, and if the defendant were not Donald Trump, this would be a relatively routine Espionage Act prosecution for unlawful retention of classified records.

With a competent and determined judge, Mr. Trump’s due process rights could have been well protected and the trial could have reasonably been set for this summer. However, this is not the first time Judge Cannon — a Trump appointee — has granted delay after delay, and thanks to a recent scheduling order, it’s now all but certain that the case will not go to trial until after Election Day.

One way of taking a measure of how Judge Cannon has failed is by looking at the progress of pretrial litigation, which started soon after Mr. Trump was indicted in June 2023. In a criminal trial, the purpose of pretrial litigation is threefold: to ensure the defense gets access to all discoverable material; to resolve “dispositive” motions that could result in dismissal of the case if granted, like Mr. Trump’s presidential immunity assertion; and to determine what the trial will look like. The latter is an especially important task here given that Mr. Trump is charged with illegally mishandling some of our most closely guarded secrets, which could be further compromised depending on how they are used at a public trial.
    Measured against these goals, Judge Cannon has made almost no progress over the past 11 months. That is shocking and indefensible.

On the scope of discovery, Judge Cannon has failed to rule on Mr. Trump’s motion — filed four months ago — to compel additional discovery from the government. Under her new schedule, she may not rule on it until July. A ruling granting Mr. Trump’s motion could result in months of additional delays.

The discovery and use of classified information is one of the thornier issues in cases of this nature. Here, too, the judge has made almost no progress, and her inexperience is showing. She has ruled on just one substantive motion with respect to Mr. Trump, which was filed by the government in December and applied to only a sliver of the classified information at issue in the case. Under her new scheduling order, the next phase of litigation involving classified information won’t begin until mid-June. Judge Cannon won’t even begin to address the difficult questions about how classified information will be used and disclosed at trial until August at the earliest, even though Mr. Trump’s team has had access to over 90 percent of the classified discovery since last fall.

On efforts to dismiss the case, in February, Mr. Trump made seven such motions, and so far Judge Cannon has ruled on only two. Some of them are plainly frivolous, but she has insisted on extensive hearings for each one, some of which have not been held yet.

Finally, Judge Cannon has not yet addressed a single substantive issue that will determine what the trial looks like. The most difficult issues she needs to address lie ahead, including those involving presidential immunity, attorney-client privilege and, most important, how this highly classified information will be used and protected at trial. She won’t even start resolving these issues until August at the earliest — over 14 months after Mr. Trump was indicted."

Here is some discussion about the slow rolling in an NPR article https://www.npr.org/2024/06/01/nx-s...der-trumps-immunity-from-criminal-prosecution

Here is an article that discusses cases that the Supreme Court has dealt with quickly: https://www.justsecurity.org/94848/supreme-court-speed-history/

Trump's trials are being slow-rolled far more than justified, given their level of importance. Any delays for Hunter are nothing in comparison, since Hunter's trials are actually happening.

I agree that Jack Smith is trying to move fast, otherwise the case may never happen, but it's a joke to think that Hunter's delays are remotely similar to Trump's trials. Besides, you skirted my question, because I asked about Cannon and the Supreme Court, not Jack Smith. The SC should've taken up the immunity claim months ago, and should've ruled by now. Cannon hasn't ruled on practically any of the motions, and most are simple.
    You agree that Smith is trying to move fast and that's your only comment on it?

If you consider 1.5 to 2 years is the average time for a federal conspiracy and fraud cases takes and Smith wanted it done in 5 months, then I don't see how you can blame Cannon for the delay. Smith should have brought thr case 2 years earlier.

In regards to SCOTUS, why should they expedite the case? I'm guessing they don't want to get involved in the case unless they have to. The left still blames SCOTUS for Gore losing.

I think they would rather let a case like this decide some of the issues rather than get involved in a case involving a presidential candidate. Once again, if Smith wanted this trial before the election he should have indicted Trump earlier.

In regards to Hunter, his investigation has been going on for 6 years which conveniently let the statue of limitations expire on the most serious felony tax crimes.
    Trump's trials are being slow-rolled far more than justified, given their level of importance. Any delays for Hunter are nothing in comparison, since Hunter's trials are actually happening.
    The level of importance? To who? To Biden's campaign?

Blame Jack Smith for waiting so long to indict Trump.

Hunter's trial is only happening because Weiss got caught not giving the judge a copy of the plea agreement until the day of the hearing. They tried to hide the unprecedented future immunity deal from the judge and when she asked Weiss about it and it was exposed publicly they backed away from the plea and then later charged Hunter with a lesser charge to save face.

If you consider 1.5 to 2 years is the average time for a federal conspiracy and fraud cases takes and Smith wanted it done in 5 months, then I don't see how you can blame Cannon for the delay. Smith should have brought thr case 2 years earlier.

In regards to SCOTUS, why should they expedite the case? I'm guessing they don't want to get involved in the case unless they have to. The left still blames SCOTUS for Gore losing.

I think they would rather let a case like this decide some of the issues rather than get involved in a case involving a presidential candidate. Once again, if Smith wanted this trial before the election he should have indicted Trump earlier.

In regards to Hunter, his investigation has been going on for 6 years which conveniently let the statue of limitations expire on the most serious felony tax crimes.

Hunter's trial is only happening because Weiss got caught not giving the judge a copy of the plea agreement until the day of the hearing. They tried to hide the unprecedented future immunity deal from the judge and when she asked Weiss about it and it was exposed publicly they backed away from the plea and then later charged Hunter with a lesser charge to save face.
    The gun charge seldom gets charged. But because it is Hunter Biden the committee on the weaponization of government demands that the name of their committee be applied. The Trump appointed judge happily did so.

You were the one that was furious about Hunter's trial supposedly being slow rolled, so I asked you about the Trump slow rolled trials. Hunter shouldn't be on trial. The gun charge should be pled, like nearly 100% of comparable cases. Nothing unprecedented about his immunity on the tax evasion. He paid the back taxes. The penalty for that is usually just fines but also some prison if done intentionally. He pled to misdemeanors, so while it was a good deal, it is common.

I never asked about whether Jack Smith was slow rolling, because he is clearly trying to get the cases tried, but his requests have been reasonable. The slow rolling is coming from Cannon and the Supreme Court. You never answered whether that bothered you. The Supreme Court should put them on the fast track so Trump gets tried for his crimes. I showed you plenty of other cases that they dealt with fast. I understand that it would reveal hypocrisy to suggest that it doesn't bother you that Trump's trials are being slow-rolled, while pretending that the delays in the critical national interest Hunter case does anger you, but perhaps you'll shock me and say it does bother you that Trump's cases are being delayed to prevent him from having to face justice.

Last edited:
    This isn’t the case that Cannon has. She has the stolen documents case.

No, this case is not complex. It’s actually open and shut. They have the documents, they have tape of Trump sharing them with journalists and others, they have proof he directed his lawyers to lie about all of the documents being returned, they have video of Trump’s employees moving the boxes around to try to hide them, they know Nauta tried to destroy the surveillance tapes.

Cannon is either incompetent or she is corruptly delaying this case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom