Harry Reid is dead (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    If Romney is president in 2016 and running for re-election instead of Obama ending his term-limited tenure as President, a desperate party looking for a savior to make sure Hillary doesn't get elected doesn't happen, so in a way, yeah Reid has a little bit of blame for making up lies and you defending him doing so because everyone else does worse things and so much more terrible....

The very fact that Romney didn't pay well with anti-American fascists Proud Boys, Oath Keepers is one big reason he was INFINITELY MORE DESIRABLE then Trump and why, stupid, our country would probably be in a much better shape then what it is now.

BTW, in terms of raising income taxes on the wealthiest in this country, go ahead, I'd be all for it, its just one thing to raise taxes on the wealthy and another thing that most of them won't find loopholes, tax havens or become tax exiles like many British millionaires, billionaires have since end of WWII. The UK has some of the highest income tax rates in the world and yet they wonder why so many of their best and brightest leave for Canada, USA, Caribbean, or Southeast Asia after they've become successful. The same process will happen here, pal. Unicorns don't shirt Skittles, remember and if a country's large tax base starts to dry up or get a little low, who do you think the overwhelming majority of the burden will fall on eventually?

Jesus, H Christ. I did not defend Reid's lies and all that nonsense about people leaving for lower taxes is fine with me.

Let them leave. The taxes raised need to cover the cost of government and you can't raise taxes on the poor to cover what we spend so we have one choice. Either keep it where the people in my bracket foot the bills or raise taxes on the freeloading billionaires who pay nothing.

Buffet agrees with me. Why don't you? You think someday you'll be a billionaire and leave the country if taxes go up?

Let's pump the brakes a little

Next time save yourself time typing and just say "everyone I don't like is a Nazi"

J, not sure if you heard but Harry did some character assassination against Mitt

Maybe you should have another beer or two. :duncan:

I did not and you're completely full of it. I posted what I posted and then explained it in detail.

And it's quite obvious what you meant about the whore house comment, as well.

Oh, and I don't believe you for one second about Trump.
    Quick question, who else isn’t vaccinated for religious reasons?

I’m glad you understood what I meant with my Harry Reid comment. I seem to have touched a nerve with some of the elites on the board for saying what Harry himself took pride in sharing back in his early days.

Last edited:
    And, yes, they're both scum. Still, the fact that Romney and Trump and Musk and Bezos and the rest pay less in taxes as a percentage of their income than you and I is a preposterous travesty.

Yep, and one party champions this great tax code and the other party talks a big game about fixing it but fails to do so, the reasons for the failure are up for debate but I have my suspicions....

"accredited investor" using the tax code the way it was intended.

Yeah, I agree. The billionaires who own government have written the tax code to reward billionaires for having written the code. It's absolutely unethical, ought to be illegal and will be the main voting topic for me probably until I die.

People like Romney should NEVER pay less in taxes than I do. Ever.

I was reading about:

(might be pay-walled so this is from another article about it)

Launched in 1993, the Qualified Small Business Stock exemption was presented as a means to get more people investing in start-ups by shielding some of a company’s profits from taxation. Originally the exemption meant an investor would be shielded from paying taxes on half of profits up to 10 million dollars, but that was eventually changed to exempt the entire 10 million.

When Roblox Corporation was founded by David Baszucki back in 2004, the company met all the qualifications for the Q.S.B.S. exemption, mainly being that the company had to have assets at or below 50 million dollars. The New York Times notes that the 50 million number was put in place because at the time the exemption became law, Disney had just created Mighty Ducks of Anaheim hockey team, valued at 50 million, and lawmakers wanted to make sure a Disney business wouldn’t qualify for a small business exemption, as that would be stupid.

Also stupid, however, is the U.S. tax system for voting into being a loophole-laden exemption that would eventually be so abused that participating in it would be considered a right-of-passage for Silicon Valley’s ultra-wealthy. The problem with the Q.S.B.S. exemption is that it can be cloned. All it takes is gifting stock to friends and family. Though they haven’t invested in the company, they nevertheless still qualify for the exemption, so you can ensure that large chunks of money stay within close orbit of your control without needing to pay taxes on said cash.

According to financial reports and the New York Times’ sources, Roblox founder David Baszucki has been able to multiply the exemption 12 times over, gifting stock to his wife, his four children, and various other relatives. In the fall of 2020, months before Roblox went public, Baszucki’s mother-in-law started giving away shares to relatives. Since they were gifted, those shares also qualified for the exemption. In March of 2021, Roblox went public, valued at 45 billion.

Maybe you should have another beer or two. :duncan:

aww a personal attack, how sweet of you. Why don't you gather up the rest of us poors and tell us more about how great you live. You know like you can afford not to send your kids to some racial jungle or you only go to the best places so you don't have to listen to all the foreign accents.

Man all this discussion about a guy whose apparent worst act was lying about another politicians taxes as if that makes him capital E Evil; meanwhile we have pols and leadership who have done tons worse like refuse to hold hearings for a Supreme Court nom and stuff the SC, partake in and possibly plan an insurrection, numerous sexual assaulters, campaign finance kickback violations… 🙄

Due to personal sniping this thread is closed. Seek a higher level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom