Harris VP watch (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

That’s the thing about it though, Democrats didn’t want her the last go around (specifically the groups that I mentioned), so what has changed?
Have you listened to her lately? She’s immeasurably better on the stump than 4 years ago. She has spent 3.5 years being mentored by Biden, who is a masterful politician. She has been around the world a couple of times, has learned an awful lot. She is evidently a quick study, and pretty damn smart. Here is a hint - she was never as bad as she was painted to be. Nope.

But you stay in your bubble, where she is the same as before. Where you probably think Biden is senile. Your quotes on here tell us what you see when you go online. They will denigrate her for being biracial, seeming to maintain she has to pick one side. They call her dumb and lazy - racial dogwhistles. They call her laugh a “cackle” - a misogynistic dogwhistle. The people you come here and post will never give her any credit for anything due to their own biases. They are telling on themselves.

Which makes people wonder if you harbor the same biases, which is natural.

Yes, I’m talking about 2020 when she polled worse than I did as my wife’s best suitor.

Those same people that couldn’t show up in 2020 didn’t show up for Hillary in 2016 (when Trump was the alternative). I just find it doubtful that even as bad a nominee Trump is, that folks will show up for Kamala. Feel free to revisit this post when Kamala and Walz win.
Kamala doesn’t have a tenth of Hillary’s baggage.

He looks so happy, and they are selling those camo hats as campaign merch. They will be popular in rural areas, imo.

Have you listened to her lately? She’s immeasurably better on the stump than 4 years ago. She has spent 3.5 years being mentored by Biden, who is a masterful politician. She has been around the world a couple of times, has learned an awful lot. She is evidently a quick study, and pretty damn smart. Here is a hint - she was never as bad as she was painted to be. Nope.

But you stay in your bubble, where she is the same as before. Where you probably think Biden is senile. Your quotes on here tell us what you see when you go online. They will denigrate her for being biracial, seeming to maintain she has to pick one side. They call her dumb and lazy - racial dogwhistles. They call her laugh a “cackle” - a misogynistic dogwhistle. The people you come here and post will never give her any credit for anything due to their own biases. They are telling on themselves.

Which makes people wonder if you harbor the same biases, which is natural.
I don’t know if it’s me in a bubble, or wondering if we are doomed because we haven’t learned from our history.

I don't answer questions asked in bad faith.
Then don’t answer. There is nothing wrong with staying silent when you don’t have an answer to a genuine question.

I’m not going to give an answer to a question about how the Theory of Relativity came about, because I can’t give a sensible or correct answer.

I’m responding to you as if we were having a conversation.
No, you keep trying to dictate the "conversation" into the specific direction that you want. I'm responding to your attempt to dictate the "conversation" by choosing to say what I want to say.

That’s the thing about it though, Democrats didn’t want her the last go around (specifically the groups that I mentioned), so what has changed?
Democrats felt that it would take a moderate and popular candidate to unseat an incumbent trump that still had the full support of the whole Republican Party and its voters. Biden was the one guy that fit that mold in 2020, that is no longer the case. Harris isn't running against the same trump that ran in 2020.

What has changed? Well, after Biden won, something happened that forced a significant portion of Republican support for trump to jump ship. The moderates of the party and its moderate/independent voters saw something from trump that has given them cause to look elsewhere. Hell, the majority of his former cabinet does not support his nomination.

I don’t know if it’s me in a bubble, or wondering if we are doomed because we haven’t learned from our history.
I get it. I used to worry about it also, you can probably find my posts worrying about it. But she has come out so strong, so electric, such a good campaigner. And her support has been through the roof, genuine enthusiasm, great grassroots money flowing in. We are a different electorate than 8 years ago. Millions of younger people have come into voting age and millions of older people … aren’t voting this time.

People have also become sick of Trump’s schtick, except for the cultish. He hasn’t changed one bit, while Harris has grown and developed. The other day - he was actually pissed off that the Russian detainees were returned to the point he congratulated Putin in a rally speech. He was cheering for a real market crash yesterday as well, 6 posts in a few hours, just giddy about it. He’s old and tired and mentally ill. People see it in ways they didn’t in 2020, before he inspired a riot at the Capitol and became the first president to refuse a peaceful transfer of power.

Yes, I’m talking about 2020 when she polled worse than I did as my wife’s best suitor.

Those same people that couldn’t show up in 2020 didn’t show up for Hillary in 2016 (when Trump was the alternative). I just find it doubtful that even as bad a nominee Trump is, that folks will show up for Kamala. Feel free to revisit this post when Kamala and Walz win.
The Democratic energy is much different than it was in 2016. Then, it seemed like most people assumed Clinton was going to win, and Bernie supporters were angry about him supposedly getting screwed. Everyone on the Democratic side was either angry at Clinton or complacent with false confidence. So that's a huge difference - no one in this cycle is assuming Harris will win; in fact, we're all assuming she'll need huge turnout to be able to. We all know Trump can win, because we've seen it. And we won't let it happen again if we can help it.

Beyond that, they're different candidates in a different time, and there are so many differences, obvious and subtle, that it would take too much time to type out.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with staying silent when you don’t have an answer...
This right here is how you try to dictate what you call a "conversation." It's the rhetorical equivalent of chest thumping. I can answer your question. I choose not to answer. I'm confident and secure enough with myself that your rhetorical chest thumping means nothing to me.

No, you keep trying to dictate the "conversation" into the specific direction that you want. I'm responding to your attempt to dictate the "conversation" by choosing to say what I want to say.
I’m sorry you feel that way, I thought that we were having a conversation, but rather than answer questions, you decide to duck them by reverting to “you are a closet Trump supporter.”

Oh what an edifying conversation we could have had.

So can they count on those groups voting for her this time around (since they couldn’t be bothered to vote for her the last time around)?

To your point, the right is getting just what they want. Biden is out, the black woman is in, etc. etc. This begs the question, are the Democrats getting what they want?

The Dobbs decision means that unless Kamala utterly screws the pooch, she'll get a big majority of the female vote. Black, white, Native, Asian, Latin what have you, they're ALL pissed.

Can she appeal to men? Not the sexist ones, for sure. Is that loss outweighed by the gain in the female vote? It ought to be, but we'll have to see.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom