Harris - Trump Debate (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    I'm sure polls won't change no matter what happens but I am hoping that Kamala absolutely destroys Trump with a healthy helping of petty bait designed to make him lose his mind and goad him into saying something unfortunate

I've said this before but I hope there is some fact checking thins time and Trump isn't allowed to rant about after birth abortions, immigrants eating cats, and lunchtime sex change operations for 3rd graders

It doesn't matter. Trump has already said he's not doing a 2nd debate. No way he wants to be in that environment again with Harris.

From Harris's side, it's a toss up whether it would be good or bad. I kind of favor the belief that once you hit a grand slam, you just walk it off. Which she basically accomplished in that first debate. Harris has exceeded every critical benchmark that the media and the right wing have put out there and doubted her on. I think it would help her to do maybe another interview and maybe a couple of town halls in battle ground states, but I don't think another debate would really help her. Once she does another debate it's going to be compared to the first debate. And if it isn't as dominating a performance, the news cycle will push that she failed in her second debate. So chances of it helping her are slim.

I think all she really needs to do is continue the momentum forward and not have any major missteps. Which at this point you have to believe she's eminently capable of doing.
    "Human sacrifice! Dogs and cats living together! Mass hysteria!". 😇 Yeah, without a crowd cheering wildly for each amazingly false lie he spewed, he was neutered.

I was watching a few pundits this morning and the positive for a second debate is Americans forget and the first debate was pretty early. A second debate at the end of September would help refresh peoples memories.

Unless, you think Trump won't be baited by the same tactic of personal insults. You should be all for a second debate with no reservations. I persnoally don't think he has the self control.

When he went off about the rallies. She also zinged in that he didn't care about "you". A smart person would have made a joke about the crowds, and then gave some heartfelt speech about fixing America by doing x, y, z.

Unless, you think Trump won't be baited by the same tactic of personal insults. You should be all for a second debate with no reservations. I persnoally don't think he has the self control.

When he went off about the rallies. She also zinged in that he didn't care about "you". A smart person would have made a joke about the crowds, and then gave some heartfelt speech about fixing America by doing x, y, z.

hes on a stimulant for the debates.

During his daytime rallies/pressers, he is much more "demure" and "reserved"

However, at the debates, ( late evening ) he is quite over-active, especially when he feels slighted - hence the inability to refrain from responding. His stimulant puts him in over-drive and once that is in his brain, he MUST rectify before moving on to recite what he memorized.

Trump might get triggered again, but he's not likely to get worse. It'll probably be similar to 2020, when I think most people thought Biden beat him easily in the first debate in 2020, and then it was closer in the 2nd debate in 2020. There is a difference between what is best for the electorate, and what is best for each candidate. If Harris takes a clear lead in the battleground states, and the undecided numbers go down significantly, then I think it would be much more risky for her to do another debate. She needed to take the risk to do a debate, but there are definitely reservations to do another, but we have to wait a few more days to get a good read on the impact of the first debate.

My ex brother in law would catch geese for sport, but I never saw him kill one. He’s white. I’m not sure why people would get upset about catching geese anyway. They are wild animals. Hunters shoot them all the time.

Early on I was really against Harris taking over for Biden. Not because I don't like her, I just thought it was too close to the election to re-build the machine and have a chance of winning.

I've never been so happy to be wrong. She is a breath of fresh air after 8 years of old dudes who can barely put a sentence together.

Early on I was really against Harris taking over for Biden. Not because I don't like her, I just thought it was too close to the election to re-build the machine and have a chance of winning.

I've never been so happy to be wrong. She is a breath of fresh air after 8 years of old dudes who can barely put a sentence together.

I feared Harris just wasn't likeable enough. Her short primary campaign didn't reveal a galvanizing presence for sure.

So glad she's gotten better at projecting herself.

……On Tuesday evening, Trump criticized Harris’s clean energy approaches like reducing fracking and fossil fuel emissions. He claimed those policies do not work and cited Germany as an example.

“You believe in things like we’re not going to frack, we’re not going to take fossil fuel, we’re not going to do things that are going to make this country strong whether you like it or not,” Trump said.

“Germany tried that and within one year they were back to building normal energy plants. We’re not ready for it. We can’t sacrifice our country for the sake of bad vision,” Trump added.…..

I know Trump was wrong but Germany has no business bragging about their energy policy at this point. Our energy bills are up 400-500 percent over just a few years....and there seems to be no relief in sight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom