Harris - Trump Debate (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    I'm sure polls won't change no matter what happens but I am hoping that Kamala absolutely destroys Trump with a healthy helping of petty bait designed to make him lose his mind and goad him into saying something unfortunate

I've said this before but I hope there is some fact checking thins time and Trump isn't allowed to rant about after birth abortions, immigrants eating cats, and lunchtime sex change operations for 3rd graders

You know Harris won just by watching the body language.

Someone on CNN ages ago said she goes through each presidential debate three times

First with no sound, she just looks at the body language and facial expressions

Then with sound only

Lastly the whole debate

She said she gets the most insight from just watching body language

I have only watched about 2/3rds of the debate, but I have it recorded, and plan to watch the rest tonight. In the part I have seen, I think Harris did great. It was better than I expected. I have read some complaints about her dodging the economy question, but I haven't watch that part of the debate. Did she explain how much better the U.S. is doing than the rest of the world, and how much things have improved?

I initially thought she might get a 1% boost from the debate, but I came away thinking it would be much bigger, and the snap polls indicate that. She may get around a 4% bump from the debate. If true, and if she holds it, then she'll win. I think Walz debating Vance will lead to another bump. That debate may have more substance, simply because Vance won't be a crazy spectacle. I think a Walz vs Vance debate could give Harris another slight bump.

Did anyone catch Trump's words during his "when she was black" speech??

I did, but initially thought when he said it, he meant "when her camp issued "...

After listening again, it was not. He was speaking to her sexual encounters 40 years ago

This man is a pig.

I think it was a double entendre, but who knows. His language is so imprecise, like his good mobster friends taught him, but he's a pig regardless of what he meant by that comment.

Oh and this reminded me why I stopped listening to anything Luntz has to say.

Speaking as a man, it's tragic to see such large percentage of men supporting Trump. It's undeniable that Trump is utterly unfit mentally to be our president and that Harris is clearly the better candidate. Yet this trend perssist. For all of the support that men have gotten from women throughout their lives, these men can't see past gender and vote for a woman. I don't even care about shaming them, because that never works. It only entrenches their hardened beliefs against Harris and women. But it's like, "Really man, how much more do you need to see?" :jpshakehead:

I have only watched about 2/3rds of the debate, but I have it recorded, and plan to watch the rest tonight. In the part I have seen, I think Harris did great. It was better than I expected. I have read some complaints about her dodging the economy question, but I haven't watch that part of the debate. Did she explain how much better the U.S. is doing than the rest of the world, and how much things have improved?

I initially thought she might get a 1% boost from the debate, but I came away thinking it would be much bigger, and the snap polls indicate that. She may get around a 4% bump from the debate. If true, and if she holds it, then she'll win. I think Walz debating Vance will lead to another bump. That debate may have more substance, simply because Vance won't be a crazy spectacle. I think a Walz vs Vance debate could give Harris another slight bump.

I thought she could have done better with the answer on the economy question but in fairness, it was the first question.

Instead of highlighting what have been some clear strengths over the past four years and then going into her plan (including expanding the child tax credit and a new tax credit for startup businesses), she just went straight to her plan and then contrasted it with Trump's. It was fine because it talked about the future but the question was about the economy over the past four years and she left some points on the table.

She definitely got better as the debate progressed.

Did anyone catch Trump's words during his "when she was black" speech??

I did, but initially thought when he said it, he meant "when her camp issued "...

After listening again, it was not. He was speaking to her sexual encounters 40 years ago

This man is a pig.

Eh, I’m not so sure he meant that. I think he was referring to stories when she was elected AG of CA that highlighted her being Indian-descent. Maybe it was meant as a double entendre, but I’m not sure he’s that smart, lol.

Vance says Trump answered every question and Harris just quoted slogans . lol
    “Good little puppy” pure projection as Trump spewed his usual stream of fantasy tall tails. I loved the “They’re eating dogs!” When corrected, “I saw it on tv”… how very presidential of him.
    Last night: Trump to Harris: “Putin would eat you for launch”, but then he became the hors d’oeuvre. 😇

Eh, I’m not so sure he meant that. I think he was referring to stories when she was elected AG of CA that highlighted her being Indian-descent. Maybe it was meant as a double entendre, but I’m not sure he’s that
    He's lied about her about climbing ladders through sexual favors before. It's clear what he meant

I’m not sure anyone has ever said this to his face. Kudos for this, Harris.

To me it looks like Trump's nod in response to her was a Freudian nod of agreement on his part that he can be manipulated with bribery and flattery.

I'm sure polls won't change no matter what happens but I am hoping that Kamala absolutely destroys Trump with a healthy helping of petty bait designed to make him lose his mind and goad him into saying something unfortunate

I've said this before but I hope there is some fact checking thins time and Trump isn't allowed to rant about after birth abortions, immigrants eating cats, and lunchtime sex change operations for 3rd graders
    And there was some decent fact checking…
    “No where in America are new borns eligible for abortion.”
    “No evidence of pets being eaten”
    “No, crime is down.”
    “No, inflation is down.”

Speaking as a man, it's tragic to see such large percentage of men supporting Trump. It's undeniable that Trump is utterly unfit mentally to be our president and that Harris is clearly the better candidate. Yet this trend perssist. For all of the support that men have gotten from women throughout their lives, these men can't see past gender and vote for a woman. I don't even care about shaming them, because that never works. It only entrenches their hardened beliefs against Harris and women. But it's like, "Really man, how much more do you need to see?" :jpshakehead:

In this age of feelings, mental health, toxic masculinity and me too I think for some men there is appeal and comfort of being a 'man's man' and going back to when none of that was a thing

Say what you want, do what you want, zero regret, zero remorse, zero apologies, zero consequences

Trump represents that to them

Last edited:
    We need a lot more "working together" and a lot less "being in charge" from everyone in society at every level of society.
    I think this has been a strength of Harris’. She has shown some real pragmatism in her stances, a willingness to work with everyone to solve problems. Nobody ever gets everything they want and the inability to compromise has cost us real progress at times. Of course some will call her out for compromising - but it’s necessary for actually governing a nation as diverse as ours.

Eh, I’m not so sure he meant that. I think he was referring to stories when she was elected AG of CA that highlighted her being Indian-descent. Maybe it was meant as a double entendre, but I’m not sure he’s that smart, lol.

I thought the same

until i listened again....he said " i read stories that she was black ( pause or comma ) that she put out...and....ill say that ( directly referring to the "she put out" statement )

it was absolutely meant but as @Lapaz mentioned, he is so gifted at double-speak, it leaves room.

He attempted to display his double-speak when confronted with "election loss" and tried so hard to say it was "sarcastic" when there was no sarcasm in any of his comments recently about losing 2020.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom