General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
At least it's consistent. The Catholic church is anti-abortion so they consider Rowe to be evil, but also anti-cruelty to the downtrodden, so they believe mistreatment of immigrants as evil. The church doesn't believe in exceptions for rape, incest, nor the life of the mother. Essentially the church believes women should sacrifice themselves for fetuses. At least the church's position should result in neutrality, since they consider both evil.

Yeah. Where he differs is that he urges priests to grant forgiveness to those who has abortions. The crazies on the far right want them excommunicated from the faith.

Speaking of
==========
With a self-imposed deadline looming to file a plan to reorganize New Orleans’ bankrupt Roman Catholic archdiocese, a committee representing about 500 survivors of clergy sexual abuse in south-east Louisiana on Friday proposed that the organization, its affiliated churches, ministries, schools and their insurers should pay more than $1bn to settle their claims.

The archdiocese quickly answered with its counter-proposal: $62.5m, or more than $900m less.

Looking at it another way, the survivors are seeking $2m per claim – the church is offering $125,000 on average.

The vast majority of the money in the abuse claimants’ proposal – roughly $800m – should come from insurance companies, according to the plan filed on Friday in US bankruptcy court by a negotiating committee representing the abuse creditors. Meanwhile, the archdiocese should pay $84m and its affiliates – known as apostolates – should chip in $133m.

In the church’s competing plan, the archdiocese was prepared to offer $50m and its apostolates $12.5m. Nothing additional would come from the archdiocese’s insurers.…..

The Pope weighs in: They’re both evil

The catholic church's position on abortion is irreconcilable because the won't admit one simple truth/fact, that some abortions are necessary. Their obstinate belief that "all abortions are evil" allow for politicians and religious fanatics to carry out "evil" against large swaths of women by taking away their agency and forcing them into potentially fatal outcomes not of their choosing. The church's extremism allows for extremism to breed and flourish and have deadly effects. If only they were capable of a more nuanced doctrine that doesn't perpetuate hate in a large percentage of our population. But they aren't able to have open and honest conversation on this topic, less god be offended.

We'll agree to disagree. The Church has issues of its own to resolve, but it is not inherently evil.
I say a church that aids and abets sexual predators of children is evil. I say a church that commands its faithful to not wear condoms and have as many children as "God will give them" in AIDS infested, poverty stricken nations is evil. I say a church that forces children to attend reeducation camps, buries the bodies in the back yard, and covers it up is evil. I say a church that destroyed the patrimony of who knows how many peoples and pillaged their riches, much of it still in a basement in The Vatican, and refuses to give them back, is evil.

I say a church that aids and abets sexual predators of children is evil. I say a church that commands its faithful to not wear condoms and have as many children as "God will give them" in AIDS infested, poverty stricken nations is evil. I say a church that forces children to attend reeducation camps, buries the bodies in the back yard, and covers it up is evil. I say a church that destroyed the patrimony of who knows how many peoples and pillaged their riches, much of it still in a basement in The Vatican, and refuses to give them back, is evil.
1726326472112.gif

We'll agree to disagree. The Church has issues of its own to resolve, but it is not inherently evil.

Not sure I agree but I believe most would agree that the church is "historically evil".....F the pope and the church.....IMO

Source is Milo Y, so treat this as unconfirmed gossip at this point

Um, first off…Milo? The people you support hate your actual existence.

Second, imo, the relationship is real. Donnie is so flocking stupid as well as emotionally stunted that he is ignorant of the optics because he thinks nothing can touch him.

Not sure I agree but I believe most would agree that the church is "historically evil".....F the pope and the church.....IMO
Hmmm.

The problem lies with the so-called Abrahamic faiths. While I would be unsurprised if other religions had issues galore, the Roman Church as well as Islam and Judaism all claim deity approval for their belief structures. The cover of deity approval allows for actions that are dangerous to humanity. The purpose is social control. Part of social control is developing revenue streams which also includes maintaining a supply of believers. Abortion, no matter the circumstances, interferes with maintaining a supply of believers. Of course, the Church (Protestant as well as Catholic) ignores that terminating a pregnancy is dealt with in the OT. Furthermore, none of the three faiths speaks for God despite their claims. They all lie in claiming they do.

The upshot is that deity cover allows for atrocious actions which inevitably damage the masses while benefiting the priest (not particularly Catholic) caste.

I honestly can’t with this guy. Hey genius, everybody knows what questions they’re going to ask - you jackass!

1726328767267.png

Did you hear about the big faucet in Northern Califorina that if you turn one way, water goes to Pacific but if you turn opposite way, water flows to Los Angeles and Southern California?

Big faucet. Like size of a wall.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom