General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
Wow. Jennifer Aniston? She is so impactful in politics that I'm not not going to support Vance or Trump anymore. If Anniston says something we better listen.
That's not the point and you know it. Trump and Vance are now both akin to 10 year old bullies who have to belittle people they perceive as their enemy with petty insults and name calling. It's the exact opposite of unifying. Vance is calling childless women sad cat ladies while Trump has to add a moniker to the beginning of everyone's name - Lyin' Kamala, Sleepy Joe, Peekaboo James, etc. It just showcases his lack of intelligence while riling up his base - which what does it say about them? Trump does love the poorly educated. They're both going to offend the non-base voters with divisive insults that people that weren't the intended audience identify with, that's the point no matter who said it.

No one seems to care about this except for people who would never vote for Harris anyway.
And it’s just another example of conspiracy theories run amuck. The man was finally convinced it was better for the race if he stepped aside. He said exactly that. It was against his instincts to stay in and fight, but he came to believe the chances were better with a younger candidate. MAGA can’t believe someone would do that of their own free will because they support a man, not an ideology.

25th Amendment is hilarious. There’s zero basis for that and anyone who believes that is a sucker being click baited by the NY Post.

I understand why a Harris supporter wouldn't care about it. The media is actively trying to help rebrand her.

I take it you mean what you perceive as the liberal media... but even if that were true, so what? Why does that bother you so much? Fox, Newsmax, AON, Daily Wire, PragerU, all of the sycophants whose tweets you keep you keep flooding the forum with, they all rebrand right wingers all the time and label and lie about non-right wingers all the time.

Stones and glass houses.

Last edited:
I take it you mean what you perceive as the liberal media... but even if that were true, so what? Why does that bother you so much? Fox, Newsmax, AON, Daily Wire, PragerU, all of the sycophants whose tweets you keep you keep flooding the forum with, they all rebrand right wingers all the time and label and lie about non-right wingers all the time.

Stones and glass houses.
I've never posted anything from Newsmax, AON, or Prager U. You aren't even a good liar.

Just watched Harris give a speach to a teacher's union. Very good speech. She's definitely bringing a lot of energy and you can feel it in the crowd watching. There was a lot of interaction.

She doesn't have Obama's timber, that for me lends gravitas to a speaker's voice and presentation. But honestly I think that's my own misogynistic conditioning to want that in a speaker. Her pacing is also a little different, but still very good.

Last edited:
The media narrative is in full force to make it seem like a great gesture that Biden stepped down. It wasn't and he was forced out against his wishes.

I don't typically respond to troll's posts but everytime I see RWNJ's use the word "coup" in relation to anything just reminds me that the accusation is just another confession....So Thanks for the reminder....

I've never posted anything from Newsmax, AON, or Prager U. You aren't even a good liar.
You are not reading what he typed out. He accused those sites of lying, not you, so your decision to insult him personally (risking site privileges BTW) is unnecessary.

A question: What if you are wrong? What if the people putting out these tweets you re-post are not being honest with you? Would you want to know if someone was lying to you? (A true lie, not a difference of opinion)

You are not reading what he typed out. He accused those sites of lying, not you, so your decision to insult him personally (risking site privileges BTW) is unnecessary.

A question: What if you are wrong? What if the people putting out these tweets you re-post are not being honest with you? Would you want to know if someone was lying to you? (A true lie, not a difference of opinion)
Oh you are threatening me with trying to get me banned because I called him a liar? Selective outrage for people you disagree with. Try not to he so transparent.

You could try pointing out what's inaccurate rather than make blanket statements.

Oh you are threatening me with trying to get me banned because I called him a liar? Selective outrage for people you disagree with. Try not to he so transparent.

You could try pointing out what's inaccurate rather than make blanket statements.
No thanks, not moderating here at all. There is no outrage either. I did point out the inaccuracy in your response to another member. Take it for what it is - helpful advice. :cheer:

Just watched Harris give a speach to a teacher's union. Very good speech. She's definitely bringing a lot of energy and you can feel it in the crowd watching. There was a lot of interaction.

She doesn't have Obama's timber, that for me lends gravitas to a speaker's voice and presentation. But honestly I think that's my own misogynistic conditioning to want that in a speaker. Her pacing is also a little different, but still very good.
I listened to her the other day in Wisconsin I think it was. She came across as a polished speaker. I think she knows how to use a teleprompter well also. No cackling either which was a bonus.

At least she is a joyful person. I love that she can laugh and be joyful. Women are castigated for that it seems. (not picking on you Semper - it’s a whole right wing narrative to try to belittle her for her laughter. It’s gross).

She is turning out to be a skillful campaigner.

At least she is a joyful person. I love that she can laugh and be joyful. Women are castigated for that it seems. (not picking on you Semper - it’s a whole right wing narrative to try to belittle her for her laughter. It’s gross).

She is turning out to be a skillful campaigner.

That was good.. looks Presidential.

They did force him out. He kept saying there was no way he was getting out. It's not the stuff of greatness. It was the elites like Pelosi that forced him out. The NY Post reported that Pelosi threatened to remove him from office with the 25 ammendment if he didn't drop out. Whatever it was that forced him out, he didn't want drop out.
SFW? Why do you hate America? You support people who hate America.

The question for KH is... can she win the swing states and not lose any traditionally blue states in Nov. The swing states effectively elected DT in 2016... They came within about ~80k votes of doing so again in 2020 (feel free to check my math - I think that number is close but not sure)... Also... do any other 3rd party candidates grab votes, and if so - who from?

DT was polling better than JB prior to the debate in swing states, and was pulling away after the debate in swing states... It seems like a fairly good bet that Independent and undecided voters in swing states that are not dug in like a tick on either side of the divide - are not afraid to vote for DT and his hard persona, and they are not afraid to vote for a moderate Dem like JB....

The question is... since they are not afraid to vote for DT... will they be willing to instead vote for a candidate that's historically, and "on vote record" being rated one the most Left/Progressive candidates in her party?

I think for them... this will be more about policy than person... at least that's what the recent history would indicate. And with only 100 days to change policy perceptions... I'm not sure that's going to 100% sell in WIS, PENN, MI - I think this ends up being another crazy close 2016 kind of race that comes down to a few counties in a few states...

Last edited:
I think normal people will recoil from the chaos that Trump will bring. Plus the women - that’s the biggest difference between 2020 and now. In 2020, losing rights was just a possibility. It’s all too real now. And they aren’t satisfied, they’re going after IVF, some birth control and no fault divorce. They want to control women’s movements from one state to another if they can figure out how to pull that off.

One of Harris’ more effective slogans that will resonate with most women is “We’re Not Going Back”.

Pollsters don’t capture the younger women voters very well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom