Freshman Dem Katie Hill denies improper relationship with aide... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

crosswatt

Reaction score

This is a mess. Her soon to be ex claims she's sleeping with her male legislative director, but also that they both had a relationship with a young female staff member. The husband appears to be after spousal support in the divorce, and Rep Hill is claiming he is abusive.

If the staff member relationship is confirmed though, she should resign. As there are clear rules against that. Just not sure how you prove that one without direct evidence.

Last edited:
    Wow, daily mail totally outed the young staffer. That's messed up. She isn't the politician..

Hall has announced her resignation.

1572219911355.png

"It is with a broken heart that today I announce my resignation from Congress. This is the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but I believe it is the best thing for my constituents, my community, and our country.
    This is what needs to happen so that the good people who supported me will no longer be subjected to the pain inflicted by my abusive husband and the brutality of hateful political operatives who seem to happily provide a platform to a monster who is driving a smear campaign built around cyber exploitation. Having private photos of personal moments weaponized against me has been an appalling invasion of my privacy...”

Not just you. Who gives a crap what she does with her personal life as long as it's with consenting adults?

Not just that but here is some breaking news politicians on both sides like to fork. Who knew? Also If 250 politicians can use a tax payer funded sexual assault slush fund provided by Congress and we're not even allowed to know who used it much less if the resigned. Yea Katie should stay.

Does she have kids?

If she does, and her husband is behind disclosing those photos, he is a horrible human.

It's bad enough if there are no kids.

Seems as if the way many want to define "consent" it is impossible for someone to consent to sex with a work superior or someone who has more work-related power.

If Hill was a male having sex with a younger female staffer I don’t think we’d see the same people here defending her.

I’m surprised actually. I had hoped my side would be more consistent.

If Hill was a male having sex with a younger female staffer I don’t think we’d see the same people here defending her.

I’m surprised actually. I had hoped my side would be more consistent.
    I can't speak for all conservatives but as far as myself I've never cared about a politician's sex life. I'm concerned about their ideology and policy platforms, not what turns them on or how they satisfy those sexual cravings. When a lot of people were all worked up about Bill Clinton's affairs I always felt that was Hillary's problem and if she wanted to put up with it for personal or political reasons then it was no one else's business. I feel the same way about Katie Hill, Donald Trump, or any other politician. As long as the sex is consensual and not coerced or part of the employment status I don't even care if it's with a staffer or co-worker.

Seems as if the way many want to define "consent" it is impossible for someone to consent to sex with a work superior or someone who has more work-related power.

I can't speak for all conservatives but as far as myself I've never cared about a politician's sex life. I'm concerned about their ideology and policy platforms, not what turns them on or how they satisfy those sexual cravings. When a lot of people were all worked up about Bill Clinton's affairs I always felt that was Hillary's problem and if she wanted to put up with it for personal or political reasons then it was no one else's business. I feel the same way about Katie Hill, Donald Trump, or any other politician. As long as the sex is consensual and not coerced or part of the employment status I don't even care if it's with a staffer or co-worker.

It is a natural imbalance, and shades heavily towards coercion in appearance if not practice. Society as a whole is still standoffish at best with the acceptance of a "transactional physical relationship", and especially when one holds the clear upper hand in any potential transaction.

Yes, we should be more open and honest, and allow people to engage in whatever consensual activities they wish, but I think there are too many folks out there who would abuse it for their own little casting couch style quid pro quo scheme still.

It is important if it can be used to blackmail them. I don’t want any of our elected officials to participate in behavior that could be used to compromise them.

The reason there are photos of her doing these things is because she did them and allowed herself to be photographed.

elected officials must be held to a higher standard than the rest of us.

Thrupples are OK when we're watching Showtime and it's "Shameless" and it's Kev, Vee and Svetlana. Right?

If you haven't watched the US version of "Shameless," start binging season 1 now. :)

Attachments

• thrupple.jpg
      thrupple.jpg
      150.9 KB · Views: 149
    I suspect throuples may be more popular in DC than in flyover country.

Lisa Page is now being linked with McCabe also. It's a wonder she found time to "edit" 302s.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom