Freshman Dem Katie Hill denies improper relationship with aide... (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

crosswatt

Reaction score

This is a mess. Her soon to be ex claims she's sleeping with her male legislative director, but also that they both had a relationship with a young female staff member. The husband appears to be after spousal support in the divorce, and Rep Hill is claiming he is abusive.

If the staff member relationship is confirmed though, she should resign. As there are clear rules against that. Just not sure how you prove that one without direct evidence.

Last edited:
    How is Krystal Ball a good example? Didn't her sex "scandal" catapult her from obscurity to a spot on MSNBC?
    It cost her the election. Yes her career path went in a positive direction, but it doesn't change the fact that her political career which was just starting out was completely destroyed because she was photographed holding a sex toy. With her husband. It's a prime example of the double standard that existed then, and to a lesser extent still does.

She even says the "scandal" was positive for her.

I was really disappointed in the photos BTW. Just folks goofing around.
    Vanessa Williams is arguably the most famous Miss America ever. And she rose to fame largely because of her tarnished reputation. I'm sure she is happy where her road ended up going, but having that "stain" on your life still isn't necessarily fun. And I'm not speaking of a fake scandal (ala Kim Kardashian) designed to gain notoriety. But a real and painful thing not of your doing that you have to endure pretty much for ever.

Vanessa Williams is arguably the most famous Miss America ever. And she rose to fame largely because of her tarnished reputation. I'm sure she is happy where her road ended up going, but having that "stain" on your life still isn't necessarily fun. And I'm not speaking of a fake scandal (ala Kim Kardashian) designed to gain notoriety. But a real and painful thing not of your doing that you have to endure pretty much for ever.

Oh, I don't think it was fun for her. And, I think it's a dam shame that it happened to her. Like I said, it was nothing more than a few people being goofy.

But, I don't really know that it is an example of.a double standard. I could be wrong, but my recollection is that she was a long shot for that seat as it was a very red district

It sucks that someone would disclose those photos and that people would use them. She wasn't hurting anyone in the least.

It would have been great if the voters had voted her in as a big "screw you, we are tired of this crap."

It cost her the election. Yes her career path went in a positive direction, but it doesn't change the fact that her political career which was just starting out was completely destroyed because she was photographed holding a sex toy. With her husband. It's a prime example of the double standard that existed then, and to a lesser extent still does.
    Did it cost her the election? That was an extremely Republican district, still is. And 2010 was a wave election for the GOP where they took back control of the House. Not sure why you would think those pictures cost her that election.

Last edited:
    Did it cost her the election? That was an extremely Republican district, still is. And 2010 was a wave election for the GOP where they took back control of the House. Not sure why you would think those pictures cost her that election.
    Because they cost her any chance in the election. Was it a long shot? Probably so. but she had no chance to win after all that happened. Especially not in that district. And it still gets brought up to be used to marginalize her today. Rush Limbaugh tried to do so with like a completely messed up version of the story just this year.

that’s true, I don’t know.

I don’t have any reason to assume they had an open relationship arrangement type agreement though, so until I hear otherwise, I’m going to assume she is an adulterer.
    I'm not sure that allowing people to hold office or not based on whatever random assumptions you decide to make is movement in a positive direction.

I'm not sure that allowing people to hold office or not based on whatever random assumptions you decide to make is movement in a positive direction.

That is exactly what we do when we vote.

You only vote for yourself, not the rest of us. Your original post in this thread was quite different in scope.

I may use my 1st amendment right to say how I think others should vote. I can also say I think someone should resign. I think everybody be should, I can’t force them to though.

Absolutely slid into them DM's.....

Also, probably has some legendarily cringey drunk texts hanging out there he'd like to get in front of.
    I wonder if he has seen her new naked photos with the bong in hand and the Nazi symbol on her lower abdomen?

Me thinks you are projecting
    Well not in terms of drunk texts, as I am a teetotaler. I've also been married for soon to be a quarter of a century, so DM's are not something I slide into either. But I have a teenaged daughter so I'm very familiar with the process.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom