Final Presidential Debate (10/22/2020) (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

I think there is no good reason for Biden to debate Trump again. All that’s going to happen is Trump will talk Hunter and Joe corruption. Trump is going to claim Hunter molests children and Biden is going to lose it. Trump is also going to push SC packing. I don’t see how Biden comes out better off.
    The vast majority of people don't care about the Hunter Biden story. It is merely red meat for those already predisposed to voting for Trump/against Biden. Normal people will see Trump ranting in desperation.

They have seen that Trump more than enough.

What they need to see is the empty, thoughtless Trump who cannot string 2 policy laden sentences together without notes or teleprompter.
    That was pretty apparent from the town hall.

That was pretty apparent from the town hall.

And will be on display one last time Oct 22nd.

SNL will dig up its old 1988 skit - "sir you have 1:30 remaining" Bush : 1000 points of light, stay the course, 1000 points of light...just stay the course" Moderator " 1 minute left "

LOL

I’m torn on the mute participants decision. The public deserves a better debate than the first one. However, muting Trump will make him seemed restrained. The unrestrained, ranting Trump is what the public needs to see.

I think there is no good reason for Biden to debate Trump again. All that’s going to happen is Trump will talk Hunter and Joe corruption. Trump is going to claim Hunter molests children and Biden is going to lose it. Trump is also going to push SC packing. I don’t see how Biden comes out better off.
    I think that there's a good chance that at some point when his microphone is turned off Trump will shout at Biden. If that happens, it will make Trump look even worse than just talking over Biden.

I think that there's a good chance that at some point when his microphone is turned off Trump will shout at Biden. If that happens, it will make Trump look even worse than just talking over Biden.

Were I Biden, I’d do my damndest to engineer that exact response

For all the talk/history about Biden putting his foot in his mouth - he has been very disciplined in this campaign. Maybe that is in part from keeping a lower profile then what seems like a normal campaign. But doing so has kept Biden looking more like an adult - see the first debate.
    That is really all Biden has to do. He would love to have Trump go off the rails - but Biden doesn;t need to do that. Just stress calmness and then point to examples that make you (Biden) look competent comapred to Trump's rashness and combative nature.

Trump has a harder role. he has to build up Biden's negatives and make some appeal to people who voted for him last time but are uncomfortable doing so again. How he does the latter, I have no idea. And the former is a tall task: Biden still comes off as a fairly likeable guy.

This is a great opinion article on tonight’s debate.

For one reason I love boxing so any boxing reference is going to resonate.

The other is I remember watching this fight. I was so happy to see Prince Hamed lose because he was such an arrogant meanie but wouldn’t fight anyone of consequence.

ETA- meanie is my new favorite filter correct

Did you watch Loma Lopez this weekend? My boy fought on the undercard (Quintin Randall). The kid has a real future. His trainer is one of my best friends and I've been with him since his Golden Glove days. I've never seen anyone work so hard at being great.

I don’t have cable or a tv anymore. I would always go watch the fights at a bar and that isn’t quite possible right now.

I did read about that fight (Lopez)

Awesome that your boy is a fighter. I am a lifetime fan- when I was a kid my dad would take me to the squadron championships at the Air Force academy. I grew up on the Heavyweights but that division has been a mess for as long as I can remember. I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable academic but too big a coward to ever try it.

Last edited:
    Kids learn from their parents.

Dont sell yourself short.

He's not my son, but thanks. I'm using the street version of "my boy". :hihi: He's a kid with a really rough background that walked into my buddies gym years ago and said he was going to be great. He's worked every day at it and finally got his chance to shine in front of over 2 million people on Saturday, and he dominated. As one of the angels in his ear when times get rough, I'm very proud of him.

I don’t have cable or a tv anymore. I would always go watch the fights at a bar and that isn’t quite possible right now.

Awesome that your boy is a fighter. I am a lifetime fan- when I was a kid my dad would take me to the squadron championships at the Air Force academy. I grew up on the Heavyweights but that division has been a mess for as long as I can remember. I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable academic but too big a coward to ever try it.

I boxed Golden Gloves and I'm an enthusiast as well. I have the privilege of being around my buddy Derek Collinsworth all the time. He's Q's trainer and has forgotten more about boxing than most people will ever know.

The other is I remember watching this fight. I was so happy to see Prince Hamed lose because he was such an arrogant meanie but wouldn’t fight anyone of consequence.

ETA- meanie is my new favorite filter correct

I remember that fight. It was awesome to watch as someone who hated Hamed. Didn't care for Roy Jones or Mayweather either.

Awesome that you are an enthusiast. I am a lifetime fan- when I was a kid my dad would take me to the squadron championships at the Air Force academy. I grew up on the Heavyweights but that division has been a mess for as long as I can remember. I consider myself a fairly knowledgeable academic but too big a coward to ever try it.

It was a family tradition to go by my uncle's house on fight night (admittedly, he had a chip he placed in the cable box to get all PPVs for free). My grandfather boxed during WWII and no one wanted to sit next to him during bouts, because it wasn't beyond him to get his fill of Seagram's 7 and start air boxing himself and whoever was unlucky to sit next to him. :biglol:

Miss ya, pawpaw.

He's not my son, but thanks. I'm using the street version of "my boy". :hihi: He's a kid with a really rough background that walked into my buddies gym years ago and said he was going to be great. He's worked every day at it and finally got his chance to shine in front of over 2 million people on Saturday, and he dominated. As one of the angels in his ear when times get rough, I'm very proud of him.

well that still doesnt exclude your role. ( albeit a now more lesser of a role lol)

Ill check him out. I was a huge boxing fan thru the late 70s ( my dad was a gold glove boxer in PA ) and thru the 90s until things just went sideways for boxing as a whole. I was always a middleweight fan ( and lightwieghts too ) just for their stamina and determination at 130-160lbs.

All the best to "ya boi" ;)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom