Explain how Trump has so much support (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bayouboy

Reaction score
    I would like some layman answers to the question "How does Trump have so much support, right now"? The final two word are important context.

I somewhat understand how he became a "force" prior to the 2016 election. There were many factors that allowed him to gain steam. Anti-establishment and not being a true politician was a big turn on to some voters on the right at the time. He talked a good game and somehow found a way to the Presidency despite acting "unpresidential". Trump's time in office had some victories for the Republicans and the economy was humming prior to COVID.....but the shirt show that happened on a daily basis with him firing executive staff (that didn't agree with him) and the overall chaos that was the White House certainly should've had an effect on his supporters. This was all BEFORE losing the 2020 election and what ensued. What happened after the 2020 election is well documented and, in my opinion, should have buried him as a candidate for office for eternity.

With ALL of what happened since the 2020 election, how can he still have half of the country (give or take) as supporters? Had all the election denying, countless gaffs, and the attempt to circumvent the Constitution had not occurred and had he regrouped and formed a strategy to compete in 2024, I could see a lot of his supporters continuing to follow him and his message. But I can't get how so many Americans can overlook what happened in front of their own eyes. I am truly bewildered.

I realize this is a mostly left leaning community, so maybe you folks do not have a clue either but would like to hear opinions. Especially, if you still support Trump through all of the mess.

Women are about to harness that power to vote all of MAGA out. Women know a thing or two about spite and they never forget.
    Girl Boss Power!! LOL

I would like some layman answers to the question "How does Trump have so much support, right now"? The final two word are important context.

I somewhat understand how he became a "force" prior to the 2016 election. There were many factors that allowed him to gain steam. Anti-establishment and not being a true politician was a big turn on to some voters on the right at the time. He talked a good game and somehow found a way to the Presidency despite acting "unpresidential". Trump's time in office had some victories for the Republicans and the economy was humming prior to COVID.....but the shirt show that happened on a daily basis with him firing executive staff (that didn't agree with him) and the overall chaos that was the White House certainly should've had an effect on his supporters. This was all BEFORE losing the 2020 election and what ensued. What happened after the 2020 election is well documented and, in my opinion, should have buried him as a candidate for office for eternity.

With ALL of what happened since the 2020 election, how can he still have half of the country (give or take) as supporters? Had all the election denying, countless gaffs, and the attempt to circumvent the Constitution had not occurred and had he regrouped and formed a strategy to compete in 2024, I could see a lot of his supporters continuing to follow him and his message. But I can't get how so many Americans can overlook what happened in front of their own eyes. I am truly bewildered.

I realize this is a mostly left leaning community, so maybe you folks do not have a clue either but would like to hear opinions. Especially, if you still support Trump through all of the mess.

The reason why trump has so much support is because the people who support him are just like him. They have the same horrible ethics, morals and beliefs as trump but they don't have the money or power.

It's very easy to support someone when they have the same morals, ethics and beliefs.

This psychological explanation rings true to me. I think we see examples in here with Trump supporters all the time.

Yup, early on when I connected with an old neighborhood friend who taught me how to play guitar he posted one of those deranged, sickening, ridiculous Trump speeches on his FB feed.....Multiple women friends of his posted how great it was, how sexy he was when he was "riffing".....those women need help.....truly disturbing.....

Yup, early on when I connected with an old neighborhood friend who taught me how to play guitar he posted one of those deranged, sickening, ridiculous Trump speeches on his FB feed.....Multiple women friends of his posted how great it was, how sexy he was when he was "riffing".....those women need help.....truly disturbing.....
    How old are these women that think Trump is sexy? What are their husbands like? Are they trolls too?

How old are these women that think Trump is sexy? What are their husbands like? Are they trolls too?
    1707621919934.jpeg

I think it is mostly cult behavior, mixed with a little saying something outrageous to trigger people.

I like the article below the one you posted

As Christians, we believe that one day we must all face judgment before our creator. What will we tell him about the decisions we made during this dark time in America? "We loved you, Lord, and we loved our neighbors — but we forgot about that part for a while because inflation made us uncomfortable and we thought that foreigners were taking over our country."

In their hearts, believers don't think that will go over well with Jesus, who was tortured to death by cynical politicians who gloated as he died, and yet offered them — and the rest of us — unconditional forgiveness. Jesus embraced the poor, the sick, the foreigner, the hungry, the imprisoned and the oppressed. That's not my opinion — go read his words for yourself.

Sooner or later, evangelicals must save their own souls by standing up for a better America and a better version of the Christian faith. That might be painful for some individuals, but the true nature of our faith is to love others and to do more for them than we do for ourselves.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom