Explain how Trump has so much support (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bayouboy

Reaction score
    I would like some layman answers to the question "How does Trump have so much support, right now"? The final two word are important context.

I somewhat understand how he became a "force" prior to the 2016 election. There were many factors that allowed him to gain steam. Anti-establishment and not being a true politician was a big turn on to some voters on the right at the time. He talked a good game and somehow found a way to the Presidency despite acting "unpresidential". Trump's time in office had some victories for the Republicans and the economy was humming prior to COVID.....but the shirt show that happened on a daily basis with him firing executive staff (that didn't agree with him) and the overall chaos that was the White House certainly should've had an effect on his supporters. This was all BEFORE losing the 2020 election and what ensued. What happened after the 2020 election is well documented and, in my opinion, should have buried him as a candidate for office for eternity.

With ALL of what happened since the 2020 election, how can he still have half of the country (give or take) as supporters? Had all the election denying, countless gaffs, and the attempt to circumvent the Constitution had not occurred and had he regrouped and formed a strategy to compete in 2024, I could see a lot of his supporters continuing to follow him and his message. But I can't get how so many Americans can overlook what happened in front of their own eyes. I am truly bewildered.

I realize this is a mostly left leaning community, so maybe you folks do not have a clue either but would like to hear opinions. Especially, if you still support Trump through all of the mess.

That would give some explanation to Trump trying to wrangle the GOP under his control, force Haley out the race and take control of its campaign funds.
    And the gawdawful shoes, don’t forget the shoes…..

That would give some explanation to Trump trying to wrangle the GOP under his control, force Haley out the race and take control of its campaign funds.

Yup, as we all learned in 2016, never say never......But I honestly don't see how Biden loses to Trump this election.....we will see...

Yup, as we all learned in 2016, never say never......But I honestly don't see how Biden loses to Trump this election.....we will see...
    god I hope so

I spent most of 2020 election day watching the coverage all day, a lot more nervous than I would have thought

and i thought that 2016 would be a clinton landslide

Last edited:
    I was just as wrong as you were back then....
    Same here. I thought there was no way anyone would A: Believe Trump was a serious candidate...dude didn't even know what the Nuclear Triad was and B: Not want to continue the successful policies from the Obama Administration.

Turns out, the desire of regular Joes to shove something down the throat of The Man was stronger than their sense of self-preservation.

Same here. I thought there was no way anyone would A: Believe Trump was a serious candidate...dude didn't even know what the Nuclear Triad was and B: Not want to continue the successful policies from the Obama Administration.

Turns out, the desire of regular Joes to shove something down the throat of The Man was stronger than their sense of self-preservation.
    That's not really what happened though. Trump very narrowly won three swing states due to direct targeted ads thanks to Cambridge Analytica. Clinton, the worst democratic candidate possible, still beat Trump by 3 million votes.

I've posted several times on PDB that on Day 1 when he rode down that escalator and said his bit about Mexicans being drug dealers and rapists and maybe a few are okay people, I said to myself "well, this won't last long"

How wrong I was

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom