/* */

Explain how Trump has so much support (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bayouboy

Reaction score
    I would like some layman answers to the question "How does Trump have so much support, right now"? The final two word are important context.

I somewhat understand how he became a "force" prior to the 2016 election. There were many factors that allowed him to gain steam. Anti-establishment and not being a true politician was a big turn on to some voters on the right at the time. He talked a good game and somehow found a way to the Presidency despite acting "unpresidential". Trump's time in office had some victories for the Republicans and the economy was humming prior to COVID.....but the shirt show that happened on a daily basis with him firing executive staff (that didn't agree with him) and the overall chaos that was the White House certainly should've had an effect on his supporters. This was all BEFORE losing the 2020 election and what ensued. What happened after the 2020 election is well documented and, in my opinion, should have buried him as a candidate for office for eternity.

With ALL of what happened since the 2020 election, how can he still have half of the country (give or take) as supporters? Had all the election denying, countless gaffs, and the attempt to circumvent the Constitution had not occurred and had he regrouped and formed a strategy to compete in 2024, I could see a lot of his supporters continuing to follow him and his message. But I can't get how so many Americans can overlook what happened in front of their own eyes. I am truly bewildered.

I realize this is a mostly left leaning community, so maybe you folks do not have a clue either but would like to hear opinions. Especially, if you still support Trump through all of the mess.

Are we getting this? If the election was held today Biden would beat Trump....but Haley would beat Biden.
    I don’t believe that will be the way it works out in November if it is Haley and Biden. And that poll between Haley and Biden is within the margin of error, IIRC. So, the poll is a toss-up.

Hey America...old man Biden....old man Trump...or Haley...who do you want as President until 2028?

If the election was held today Biden would beat Trump....but Haley would beat Biden
    Is the election being held today?

You misinterpreted the actual results of the poll. The poll does not indicate that Haley would win the election against Biden, because the poll didn't account for who would get the most Electoral College votes.

The poll indicates Haley might win the popular vote if the election were held today, which it isn't, but winning the popular vote is not how the election is one.

Last edited:
    Unfortunately no. And my fake election is a popular vote not an electoral college . It's just to make point that Haley is told by Trump endorsers that she should drop out. I think they have it backwards. Trump should drop out.

I just undid my "ignore" of you.
    So to answer your question:
    He spoke softly and without arrogance. He constantly stated he respected my decision not to vote for Trump and the decision of hypothetical others who felt the same as me.
    There was no need to "push back" because he was quietly and humbly just answering my question....just stating what he will do and not trying to impose his views on me or anyone else. If I had not asked him a direct question, the Trump vs 3rd Party topic never would have come up.

Thanks.

I called him a hypocrite because he immediately dismissed Biden- a practicing, devout Catholic- for not following scripture, but has no issue voting for an adulterer, a liar, a cheater, a sexual abuser, and a general butt crevasse because it might be worth a SCOTUS seat. The guy isn't a child. He's 26 or 27. He's old enough to follow his conscience and his moral compass, and those are telling him that a devout Catholic man is less spiritual than Donald "Two Corinthians" Trump.

His views are warped, period.

You misinterpreted the actual results of the poll. The poll does not indicate that Haley would win the election against Biden, because the poll didn't account for who would get the most Electoral College votes.

The poll indicates Haley might win the popular vote if the election were held today, which it isn't, but winning the popular vote is not how the election is one.
    No way does a Rep win the popular vote and not the overall election.

Biden *curbstomped* Trump in the popular, while the electoral vote was fairly close.

Whatever. This is an Asst Pastor's son. Not a sermon giver as you assumed in your #2
    Goes against his personal values then

And can you explain the difference you see between

“I know he sells drugs to school children but he donates so much money to the church”

and

"I know Trump is immoral, offensive and a terrible human but he will ban abortion"

“I know he sells drugs to school children but he donates so much money to the church”

and

"I know Trump is immoral, offensive and a terrible human but he will ban abortion"

It's all about abortion when it comes to voting for Christians. Christian pastors have convinced themselves and their flocks that the only true value that matters (especially when voting) is anti-abortion. That's all God cares about. As long as the politician is anti-abortion or supports anti-abortion policy even if they're pro-abortion (i.e. Donald Trump), you can vote for them. If they are pro-choice, you are not allowed to vote or support them, even if it means the end of our democratic republic and the ushering in of a new authoritarian state (as long as the authoritarians are aligned with them).

Last edited:

and

Listen.
    I'm not going to explain anything.
    I shared the mindset of one evangelical's thoughts to be a help to the OP.
    POSSIBLY that person's thoughts are similar to the thoughts of other evangelicals so I had the hope that the OP would find my post to be useful.
    The OP has chosen not to leave an emoji...not to quote me...nothing.
    So now the subject of my post on someone else's thread is closed.
    At least for me it is.

Listen.
    I'm not going to explain anything.
    I shared the mindset of one evangelical's thoughts to be a help to the OP.
    POSSIBLY that person's thoughts are similar to the thoughts of other evangelicals so I had the hope that the OP would find my post to be useful.
    The OP has chosen not to leave an emoji...not to quote me...nothing.
    So now the subject of my post on someone else's thread is closed.
    At least for me it is.

That is some DadsDream level poutiness right there

I would like to thank everyone for their replies. A lot of it makes sense, I just have a hard time understanding the sheer number of supporters Trump still has despite everything that has happened since he lost the 2020 election. To be honest, what does his overwhelming popularity say about America?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom