Explain how Trump has so much support (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Bayouboy

Reaction score
    I would like some layman answers to the question "How does Trump have so much support, right now"? The final two word are important context.

I somewhat understand how he became a "force" prior to the 2016 election. There were many factors that allowed him to gain steam. Anti-establishment and not being a true politician was a big turn on to some voters on the right at the time. He talked a good game and somehow found a way to the Presidency despite acting "unpresidential". Trump's time in office had some victories for the Republicans and the economy was humming prior to COVID.....but the shirt show that happened on a daily basis with him firing executive staff (that didn't agree with him) and the overall chaos that was the White House certainly should've had an effect on his supporters. This was all BEFORE losing the 2020 election and what ensued. What happened after the 2020 election is well documented and, in my opinion, should have buried him as a candidate for office for eternity.

With ALL of what happened since the 2020 election, how can he still have half of the country (give or take) as supporters? Had all the election denying, countless gaffs, and the attempt to circumvent the Constitution had not occurred and had he regrouped and formed a strategy to compete in 2024, I could see a lot of his supporters continuing to follow him and his message. But I can't get how so many Americans can overlook what happened in front of their own eyes. I am truly bewildered.

I realize this is a mostly left leaning community, so maybe you folks do not have a clue either but would like to hear opinions. Especially, if you still support Trump through all of the mess.

I saw a post about a young gay man, 27 yo or so and studying for his masters in music, who is a proud Trump voter. He wrote in Bernie in 2016 and voted for Biden in 2020 but has now convinced himself that Trump will prevent wars. This is the faction that has worried me - the misogynistic Bernie Bros. The amount of pretzel logic needed to convince this man to vote for Trump is astonishing. The hatred of women and the entitlement is really strong. I just hope that there aren’t too many of them.

But misogyny has been my main fear. Because, at least online, misogyny is very prominent these days.
    We should tell people that Trump is an appeaser! I think Trump supporters hate that. I remember some people telling me they hated appeasers because I was arguing against going to war against Iraq, and I know they are Trump supporters. Now Trump is essentially planning to appease bullies (Putin, Jinping and Netanyahu). Let them do whatever they want and flaunt international law, which can only lead to more flaunting in the future. Jinping will do whatever he wants to Taiwan, Hong Kong and maybe more. Putin will finish Ukraine, and move on to other ex-soviet states. Netanyahu will keep killing civilians and extend the war to stay out of prison. Maybe the Bernie Bros prefer appeasement to ruthless leaders, but maybe they will understand that it is a short-sighted approach. The only people Trump won't appease are our NATO friends.

We should tell people that Trump is an appeaser! I think Trump supporters hate that. I remember some people telling me they hated appeasers because I was arguing against going to war against Iraq, and I know they are Trump supporters. Now Trump is essentially planning to appease bullies (Putin, Jinping and Netanyahu). Let them do whatever they want and flaunt international law, which can only lead to more flaunting in the future. Jinping will do whatever he wants to Taiwan, Hong Kong and maybe more. Putin will finish Ukraine, and move on to other ex-soviet states. Netanyahu will keep killing civilians and extend the war to stay out of prison. Maybe the Bernie Bros prefer appeasement to ruthless leaders, but maybe they will understand that it is a short-sighted approach. The only people Trump won't appease are our NATO friends.
    They will just come up with a different excuse. They won’t vote for a woman is what it comes down to. The war thing is just an excuse.

They will just come up with a different excuse. They won’t vote for a woman is what it comes down to. The war thing is just an excuse.
    Will change few opinions and maybe none, but you never know when something can connect dots for people.

Reminds me of a story I heard on Morning Edition today on NPR. They were interviewing people at a rodeo in Pahrump, NV. One of the people was a guy who works with horses and they played a clip of him talking about how gas prices were too high and it hurts when you drive so much towing a heavy horse trailer. The interviewer then said something like, "and then he went on to use vulgar terms to describe Vice President Harris."

Reminds me of a story I heard on Morning Edition today on NPR. They were interviewing people at a rodeo in Pahrump, NV. One of the people was a guy who works with horses and they played a clip of him talking about how gas prices were too high and it hurts when you drive so much towing a heavy horse trailer. The interviewer then said something like, "and then he went on to use vulgar terms to describe Vice President Harris."
    There is so much hatred of women right now. I’ve never seen it this bad in my life. I’m starting to get the feeling that men are going to elect Trump with the help of the 30% of women who are brainwashed. I’ve been bummed out all day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom