/* */

Everything George Santos (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I think we need a new thread just about this guy. It seems like every day brings new awfulness.

we got a reason from one of them. He later said if Santos was found guilty, he would vote to expel
    “Santos has not been criminally convicted yet of the offenses cited in the resolution, nor has he been found guilty of ethics offenses in the House internal process,”

we got a reason from one of them. He later said if Santos was found guilty, he would vote to expel
    “Santos has not been criminally convicted yet of the offenses cited in the resolution, nor has he been found guilty of ethics offenses in the House internal process,”
    Yeah, I can understand his logic. If they vote to expel Santos without even an ethics finding what will stop the Rs from voting to expel some Dems they don’t like next?

Goldman argued the other way - that Santos had admitted to so many lies about his past that his expulsion would be warranted without the official ethics ruling or criminal conviction. I see his point as well.

He won‘t be re-elected and will be convicted when he goes to trial, so 🤷‍♀️

Despite treading through a sea of well-documented lies about his background, embattled congressman George Santos vowed that he would prove another dubious claim about his past true “before I die”.

In an interview with CNN’s Manu Raju over the weekend, Mr Santos doubled down on his claim that his family members fled the Holocaust.

“I spent the last 10 months – DNA, hiring genealogists to actually go--” he began, with Mr Raju interrupting the New York Republican to ask if he had any proof to back up his claims.

At that point, Mr Santos quickly backpedaled about having evidence of said DNA or genealogy.

“Well, that’s what I spent the last 10 months doing, putting together. But unfortunately, Ukraine is in the middle of a freakin’ war, and my grandfather comes from Ukraine. So this is the biggest lift that I’ve had to do my entire life,” Mr Santos explained.

The serial fabulist went on to insist he’s going to prove his heritage “before I die”……

Why wasn’t the expulsion vote held after this report was released?
    ================
    WASHINGTON (AP) — The House Ethics panel said Thursday it has found “substantial evidence” of lawbreaking by Republican Rep. George Santos of New York and has referred its findings to the Justice Department.

The committee said that Santos’ conduct warrants public condemnation, is beneath the dignity of the office, and has brought severe discredit upon the House.

Santos has maintained his innocence and refused to resign despite calls from many of his colleagues to do so.

The panel said Santos knowingly caused his campaign committee to file false or incomplete reports with the Federal Election Commission; used campaign funds for personal purposes; and engaged in violations of the Ethics in Government Act as it relates to financial disclosure statements filed with the House.

The ethics panel’s report also detailed Santos’ lack of cooperation with its investigation and how he “evaded” straightforward requests for information.……

Republican Rep. George Santos announced he will not seek reelection to the House next year, following the Ethics Committee’s release of its long-awaited report on Thursday, concluding that there is “substantial evidence” that the New York congressman used campaign funds for personal purposes.

The report said Santos engaged in “knowing and willful violations” with regard to financial disclosure statements filed with the House, and “knowingly caused his campaign committee to file false or incomplete reports with the Federal Election Commission.”……

He is such a piece of shirt - he’s literally attacking the members that made the report.

“It is a disgusting politicized smear that shows the depths of how low our federal government has sunk. Everyone who participated in this grave miscarriage of Justice should all be ashamed of themselves,” Santos said.

What an absolute piece of shirt

He is such a piece of shirt - he’s literally attacking the members that made the report.

“It is a disgusting politicized smear that shows the depths of how low our federal government has sunk. Everyone who participated in this grave miscarriage of Justice should all be ashamed of themselves,” Santos said.

What an absolute piece of shirt
    real scumbag.

Investigators say cash contributed to Santos's election effort wound up being spent on personal expenses, including botox treatment, purchases at Hermes and Sephora and "purchases at OnlyFans."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom