Everything George Santos (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I think we need a new thread just about this guy. It seems like every day brings new awfulness.

NEW YORK (AP) — Rep. George Santos’ lawyer said Monday the indicted New York Republican would risk going to jail to protect the identities of the people who cosigned the $500,000 bond enabling his pretrial release.

The lawyer, Joseph Murray, urged a judge to deny a request by news outlets to unseal the names of Santos’ bond suretors, or guarantors, suggesting they could “suffer great distress,” including possible job losses and physical harm, if they’re identified publicly.

“My client would rather surrender to pretrial detainment than subject these suretors to what will inevitably come,” Murray wrote in a letter to U.S. Magistrate Judge Anne Shields……

Ok. Jail then. Whatever.

I’m okay with him going to jail, if that’s what he wants. 🤷‍♀️

Let's see if he sticks to that "I'd rather be in jail than reveal those names" shtick.

The people who paid Santos’ bail have until Thursday at noon to withdraw their bail, or their identities will be revealed. My bet is that they withdraw.

Do not ask for whom the bell tolls Mr. Devolder, it tolls for thee.

All that fussing and it's his dad and his aunt. Really?

1687460200193.png

All that fussing and it's his dad and his aunt. Really?

1687460200193.png

Yeah, kind of let down, to be honest. Nobody cares if it’s his relatives who bailed him out. Jeez.

George Santos, the Republican congressman whose résumé has been shown to be largely fabricated and who has pleaded not guilty to 13 counts of fraud, money laundering and theft of public funds, stoked outrage by comparing himself to the great civil rights campaigner Rosa Parks.

“Rosa Parks didn’t sit in the back, and neither am I gonna sit in the back,” Santos told Mike Crispi Unafraid, a rightwing podcast.…..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom