Everything George Santos (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

MT15

Reaction score
    I think we need a new thread just about this guy. It seems like every day brings new awfulness.

The part about lying on your congressional financial disclosure to show more than you actually have is especially pathetic.

So I didn't connect the two but it appears that the issue with his false, inflated wealth relates to this $500K loan to his campaign committee that he originally claimed came from his personal funds - but then retracted that. The indictment doesn't appear to cover anything about that loan other than that he never had the money and assets he claimed.

The question of the source of the $500,0000 remains.

I’m reading on Twitter - so who knows if accurate - that an anonymous benefactor paid Santos’ bail.

Evidently 3 anonymous people paid his bail. Let’s see: Scalise, McCarthy and Elise what’s her name? Lol.

Last edited:
    Oh, I didn’t know this.

IMG_0711.jpeg

Best reply yet.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Protecting a narrow, four-vote majority, Republican leaders in the House are making clear that they intend to let the legal process play out with New York Rep. George Santos before they take steps to force his resignation or expel him.

The freshman congressman was accused Wednesday by federal prosecutors of embezzling money from his campaign, falsely receiving unemployment funds and lying to Congress about his finances and could face up to 20 years in prison if convicted. Santos pleaded not guilty.

Republican leaders, who for months have faced mounting questions about Santos after most of his campaign biography was exposed as a lie, were unmoved and brushed aside calls — including from some colleagues — that they take immediate action to push Santos out of Congress.

“In America, there’s a presumption of innocence. But they’re serious charges. He’s going to have to go through the legal process,” said House Majority Leader Steve Scalise of Louisiana.

Scalise was seconded by Republican Rep. Elise Stefanik of New York, the No. 3 House Republican, who sidestepped the question of whether Santos should resign……..

NEW YORK (AP) — Rep. George Santos’ lawyer said Monday the indicted New York Republican would risk going to jail to protect the identities of the people who cosigned the $500,000 bond enabling his pretrial release.

The lawyer, Joseph Murray, urged a judge to deny a request by news outlets to unseal the names of Santos’ bond suretors, or guarantors, suggesting they could “suffer great distress,” including possible job losses and physical harm, if they’re identified publicly.

“My client would rather surrender to pretrial detainment than subject these suretors to what will inevitably come,” Murray wrote in a letter to U.S. Magistrate Judge Anne Shields……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom