Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

I fancy people that bring us Starlink, Spacex, Tesla, Power Walls, Gigacasting, PayPal, Megapacks, Neuralink, etc., etc.
Elon Musk didn't bring you any of those things. He just takes sole credit for them. They were all preexisting technologies that others invented or innovated. All Musk brought to the table was money and arrogant snake oil salesman narcissism.

I have no use for trump.
Your actions scream louder than your whispered denials.

Last edited:
Musk really has to be separated into two people. The person he was before he got involved in right wing politics (i.e. before X, Covid, ect.) and the person he's been since then. Unfortunately for him and so many others, his slide into kookiville has been too dramatic to ignore since he took up right wing causes.

I give him credit for the things he's done in building his companies. Not that I agree with everything he's done or how he's done, or even know all of that information, but I think it takes a certain vision and skill to lead people to do things that haven't been done before. He obviously isn't the one or group of people that have innovated and created the technological advance that have powered his companies to the successes they have had, but having somebody at the top who leads and support those advances and believes in that vision are crucial to any such innovations. Unlike Trump, Elon was actually is an adept businessman.

Since his slide into the right wing, he's lost many of those qualities. His purchase of X and the distraction it has brought have completely eroded his business acumen and credibility. So much so that he's hurting his other companies. He's a shell of what he used to be.

I do think that his kid coming out to him as trans had more to do with Elon’s transition than Covid. It’s just that it happened around the same time.

Yall gotta realize that he's been a Peice of work. His own child said he's been one all his life. It wasn't covid. It's that tesla was secured financially once it's stock picked up that fueled his public asswipeness. That started when Warren dared use him as an example for taxing the rich. Before that he was scraping by, transferring money from SpaceX to tesla or pumping up crypto then tanking it and pumping it up again.

Here as early as 2016 when he canceled someone's order because of a terrible blog post.

He hired an investigator and hounded a former employee who wanted to unionize. To the point they had to flee (the country?).

2019 when he accused the divers of being a pedo bc they called out his "genius" idea to rescue those kids.

Yall gotta realize that he's been a Peice of work. His own child said he's been one all his life. It wasn't covid. It's that tesla was secured financially once it's stock picked up that fueled his public asswipeness. That started when Warren dared use him as an example for taxing the rich. Before that he was scraping by, transferring money from SpaceX to tesla or pumping up crypto then tanking it and pumping it up again.

Here as early as 2016 when he canceled someone's order because of a terrible blog post.

He hired an investigator and hounded a former employee who wanted to unionize. To the point they had to flee (the country?).

2019 when he accused the divers of being a pedo bc they called out his "genius" idea to rescue those kids.
There are lots of other stories from very long ago that shows Musk is today who he has always been. Like you show, he's just been recently exposed for who he truly is.

There are lots of other stories from very long ago that shows Musk is today who he has always been. Like you show, he's just been recently exposed for who he truly is.
and it all started when he put his personal life in the limelight when he bought Twitter.
you know why you don't know a lot about Zucks personal life? because he doesn't post it all over Facebook..

Right. But you know what really angers me beyond his dirty business practice which stretches the legal boundaries and rumor is that tesla's accounting may approach enron level or his general douchebaggery? It's that he continually down plays the fatalities related to tesla's autopilot and fsd.

I forget which documentary or investigative piece i saw years ago that outline these fatalities...one where I think it was a doctor who fell asleep thinking it'll be OK. The car mistook a rig truck as something non threatening and rammed right through at high speed. The accident decapitated the driver. All the while musk claims full safety on those features and continually sells it being imminent. It's well past Aug 8th by the way. A day promised full autotaxi would be introduced. A promise made a day after tesla's more than disappointing numbers/fundamentals were released.

Musk continues to suppress these failures.

Right. But you know what really angers me beyond his dirty business practice which stretches the legal boundaries and rumor is that tesla's accounting may approach enron level or his general douchebaggery? It's that he continually down plays the fatalities related to tesla's autopilot and fsd.

Musk has no regard for any human life besides his own. He doesn't even regard the lives of the many children he has.

I forget which documentary or investigative piece i saw years ago that outline these fatalities...one where I think it was a doctor who fell asleep thinking it'll be OK. The car mistook a rig truck as something non threatening and rammed right through at high speed. The accident decapitated the driver. All the while musk claims full safety on those features and continually sells it being imminent. It's well past Aug 8th by the way. A day promised full autotaxi would be introduced. A promise made a day after tesla's more than disappointing numbers/fundamentals were released.

Musk continues to suppress these failures.
And this is where it's evident that Musk doesn't actually understand technology at all, he just fakes that he does. Every tech and engineer on the planet working on autonomous driving tech will tell you that human drivers are vastly superior to any "AI" system that can be crammed into a car. We simply don't have the sensory or programming tech that is necessary to monitor, process, analyze and make decisions on all of the environmental data that is necessary to drive a car safely in every driving situation.

We don't realize when we're driving how much data our brains process and the blazing speed at which we process it so that we can drive safely. That's why just a split second of distraction while driving often causes a car accident.

We are a few generations of technological breakthroughs away from a car that can drive itself safely in every traffic condition. Musk has been repeatedly told this by his techs and engineers. No other company or developer promises when they will deliver safe self-driving cars, just Musk. Musk keeps ignoring the people who actually understand the technology and is only wish-innovating. Musk has killed people with his arrogant wish-innovating and he will continue to kill people until he's stopped.

He invented exactly zero of those things

Does anyone think he is creating propulsion curves or burn off rate for their rockets?

Heck, did he invent the solar panels for Solar City?

No he's the CEO that stands in front of the new shiny product at the trade show.

Most CEOs have the wherewithal to at least pretend like they thank and appreciate their workers though. To him they are a burden and he shows it.

He wants economic apartheid

1723745135536.png

Mr free speech absolutist gets called out for his lies again by Mark Cuban.

I've met mark Cuban once at a bar. I was completely obnoxious because we had just swept his mavs. Later as I was about to leave, I did sorta apologized and told him I was really only ragging on him, and meant nothing more. He could ve punched me all night, but instead he bought a whole group of us a round.

So we all likely believe that musk is forcibly coercing advertisers to consume his platform and therefore that goes against market forces. We'll, more than that, he forum shopped a judge that has been more than kind. He had even allowed discovery. Though this judge has recused bc it's come to light that he owns tesla stocks, he still is on another case...I believe the one against media matters. Thus is costing media matters millions, and they have laid off some employees. Garm, has already shut down.

The following thread does, what I believe is, a good job of dumbing down this case: musk is claiming antimonoploly practices by the advertisers using the sherman act.

Conclusion:

Remember the Olympic female boxer who was defamed by Musk and JK Rowling? She is evidently taking it seriously, maybe she is already settling?

Remember the Olympic female boxer who was defamed by Musk and JK Rowling? She is evidently taking it seriously, maybe she is already settling?

JK has too much hate to stay quiet. I wish she'd just stick to muggles and wizards but alas...

Musk certainly don't like if you are posting facts to the MAGA lies...

My X account was just "limited" due to my actions which basically was only posting facts supported by links and sources when the MAGAs were spreading a lot of lies. Doing it very politely too :)

Putting this here because … Musk. This is quite possibly the worst vehicle ever made. And there are Musk fanboys who bought them and are trying to use them like they are real trucks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom