Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

Well, yesterday he topped his own idiocy by promoting a Carlson interview with a man who excuses Hitler and says Churchill was the real evil of WWII. Which prompted Mark Cuban to tell Elon “delete your account”.

Elon couldn’t be more of a piece of shirt. Or Carlson either, and obviously the guy he decided to promote by putting his views out there. Carlson called him the ‘Bravest historian today’ for his view that Hitler wasn’t all that bad.

I noticed today that Twitter was all of a sudden blocked from my work network now. I thought it was weird, but then i realized we have a bunch of Mines in Brazil and they do a lot of business there. I guess instead of limiting the blocking to just Brazil, they just did it company wide,. I don't have an account, but i guess now i won't be able to view embeded Tweets anymore..

I noticed today that Twitter was all of a sudden blocked from my work network now. I thought it was weird, but then i realized we have a bunch of Mines in Brazil and they do a lot of business there. I guess instead of limiting the blocking to just Brazil, they just did it company wide,. I don't have an account, but i guess now i won't be able to view embeded Tweets anymore..
    You can from your phone as long as you’re not on their network. They blocked Twitter from our work network several years ago (before I retired).

All of that space junk, and I'm not just talking those satellites.
    yeah, it has been a problem for a long time. Sometimes I wonder how spacecraft can maneuver past all of it safely without getting hit by some piece of junk up there. I've read some of it can reach speeds of 18,000 miles per hour

yeah, it has been a problem for a long time. Sometimes I wonder how spacecraft can maneuver past all of it safely without getting hit by some piece of junk up there. I've read some of it can reach speeds of 18,000 miles per hour
    I thought I read somewhere that somebody was developing a ship of sorts to collect some of it.

/JustSayNoToThreadJacking

This may be a dumb question, but how do all of the satellites survive all of the space junk? Is all of the space junk more or less on the same orbit and the satellites are on a different orbit?

Remember how large space is around the earth. Thousands of satellites are pretty minuscule compared to the area.

True, but if there is so much space junk orbiting around the earth that is a problem for space ships and the space station, you would think that this would be a constant problem for satellites to deal with.

This may be a dumb question, but how do all of the satellites survive all of the space junk? Is all of the space junk more or less on the same orbit and the satellites are on a different orbit?
    +

+

Thank you for posting that, I learned something new.

It seems we (as a species) never learn our lessons though. Given the current condition of earth, you'd think a lot more thought would be given to sustainability, cleaning up the junk and making sure that we don't put more junk into space. I would think at some point it becomes untenable.

Musk is amplifying racist lies and smugly claiming his way is better than actual journalism. From local reporters and the local police department. He can’t get any more ridiculous.

This is not a meme - these are two genuine x posts side by side

1725992087658.png

He’s wanting to get rid of people’s ability to block and mute other posters again. Last time he tried this, Apple told him they would take Twitter off the AppStore IIRC, because they require social media apps have the ability to ignore, block or mute.

Supposedly he said by the first of the year these features would be gone. I did read his account is one of the most blocked on Twitter.

If he does it, I will have to finally leave Twitter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom