Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

My point was that Elon's mad a Xi, because China is going into direct competition with Elon in low orbit satellite internet service.
Oh, I get that. Poor Elon is having a sad. Has Musk actually done anything himself within the last, say, 10 years that counts as groundbreaking or innovative?

Oh, I get that. Poor Elon is having a sad. Has Musk actually done anything himself within the last, say, 10 years that counts as groundbreaking or innovative?
Elon is much more exploitative parasite than he is innovative or visionary. He's a salesman, not the inventor. Now that he's seen for who he really is, his success as a salesman will continue to tank.

Last edited:
Elon is much more exploitative parasite than he is innovative or visionary. He's a salesman, not the inventor. Now that he's seen for who he really is, his success as a salesman will continue to tank.
Agreed. I have thought that since he bought Xitter. I never paid much attention to him until then. A quick search of him via Google and Wikipedia shows, to me at least since I am in sales, that he is a salesman, period. Of course, his wealth also allows him to exploit the legal system to his benefit. His lawsuit alleging collusion by advertisers not wanting to by ads on Xitter underscores that.

While the interview is delayed, imma have to bring back this classic quote.

IMG_8743.jpeg

Agreed. I have thought that since he bought Xitter. I never paid much attention to him until then. A quick search of him via Google and Wikipedia shows, to me at least since I am in sales, that he is a salesman, period. Of course, his wealth also allows him to exploit the legal system to his benefit. His lawsuit alleging collusion by advertisers not wanting to by ads on Xitter underscores that.
A differing opinion

“Elon Musk’s gift of integration — the ability to flawlessly fuse software, electronics, new materials, and processing horsepower to produce innovative solutions that can alter industries — has awed many famed individuals in the field of software. Musk is determined to pave the way toward an age of awe-inspiring machines and make science fiction become science reality. He has already done so in a couple of out-of-this-world (some literally) ways including landing rockets on drone ships in the middle of the ocean from low Earth orbit and designing implantable chips that allow monkeys to play the game pong using only their mind with his more recently developed company, Neuralink.”

“Going back to Ashlee Vance’s Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, on page 139 of the biography, there was a passage that really caught my attention because it described Elon Musk through a perspective that I had never seen before. The passage is a quote by one of SpaceX’s early engineers, Kevin Brogan. Here’s what he said: “Musk’s growth as a CEO and rocket expert occurred alongside SpaceX’s maturation as a company. At the start of the Falcon 1 rocket journey, Musk was a forceful software executive trying to learn some basic things about a very different world. At Zip2 and PayPal, he felt comfortable standing up for his positions and directing teams of programmers. At SpaceX, he had to pick things up on the job. Musk initially relied on textbooks to form the bulk of his rocketry knowledge. But as SpaceX hired one brilliant person after another, Musk realized he could tap into their stores of knowledge. He would trap an engineer in the SpaceX factory and set to work grilling him about a type of valve or specialized material. “I thought at first that he was challenging me to see if I knew my stuff,” said Brogan. “Then I realized he was trying to learn things. He would quiz you until he learned ninety percent of what you know.” People who have spent lots of time with Musk can speak to a quality of his that not many people have: the capacity to soak up vast amounts of information with almost perfect recall. It’s a skill that truly defines him and his ingenuity.”

A differing opinion

“Elon Musk’s gift of integration — the ability to flawlessly fuse software, electronics, new materials, and processing horsepower to produce innovative solutions that can alter industries — has awed many famed individuals in the field of software. Musk is determined to pave the way toward an age of awe-inspiring machines and make science fiction become science reality. He has already done so in a couple of out-of-this-world (some literally) ways including landing rockets on drone ships in the middle of the ocean from low Earth orbit and designing implantable chips that allow monkeys to play the game pong using only their mind with his more recently developed company, Neuralink.”

“Going back to Ashlee Vance’s Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future, on page 139 of the biography, there was a passage that really caught my attention because it described Elon Musk through a perspective that I had never seen before. The passage is a quote by one of SpaceX’s early engineers, Kevin Brogan. Here’s what he said: “Musk’s growth as a CEO and rocket expert occurred alongside SpaceX’s maturation as a company. At the start of the Falcon 1 rocket journey, Musk was a forceful software executive trying to learn some basic things about a very different world. At Zip2 and PayPal, he felt comfortable standing up for his positions and directing teams of programmers. At SpaceX, he had to pick things up on the job. Musk initially relied on textbooks to form the bulk of his rocketry knowledge. But as SpaceX hired one brilliant person after another, Musk realized he could tap into their stores of knowledge. He would trap an engineer in the SpaceX factory and set to work grilling him about a type of valve or specialized material. “I thought at first that he was challenging me to see if I knew my stuff,” said Brogan. “Then I realized he was trying to learn things. He would quiz you until he learned ninety percent of what you know.” People who have spent lots of time with Musk can speak to a quality of his that not many people have: the capacity to soak up vast amounts of information with almost perfect recall. It’s a skill that truly defines him and his ingenuity.”

No. Other people do the work. He is a salesman, period.

No. Other people do the work. He is a salesman, period.
Yeah, I’ll go with the folks that are in the game with him. Dude is a solid innovator and the Penn program he graduated from is specifically for teaching innovation and entrepreneurship to gifted science and technology types.

Walter Isaacson, someone who actually immersed himself into Musk’s life and work doesn’t share your opinion. I’ll rely on the experts, the people with experience with Musk.

Of course Elon claims it was a DSOS attack when they tried to stream the Trump interview. Same thing happened with DeSantis announcement for office on same platform.
Maybe you shouldn’t fire everyone and the other talent bails because you are a narcissistic boss.

Yeah, I’ll go with the folks that are in the game with him. Dude is a solid innovator and the Penn program he graduated from is specifically for teaching innovation and entrepreneurship to gifted science and technology types.

Walter Isaacson, someone who actually immersed himself into Musk’s life and work doesn’t share your opinion. I’ll rely on the experts, the people with experience with Musk.
name something he has innovated himself and not just came in and threw money on someone's else's innovation.
nothing wrong with that, but let's not pretend he came up with these ideas and was there on the drawing room stages..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom