/* */

Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

Tesla can collapse in TX just as easily as in CA.

Elon Musk is a man-child whose sole concern is his brand. He does not care about his employees or even his customers.

If both companies were sold tomorrow they would both be better off.

I would never short that stock, but I also understand everyone who does. The market cap makes zero sense.

I do think the first fully driveless electric car that drops is going to be Black Monday for Tesla's stock price.

so spend billions of dollars to move, and pass the buck to your customers, sounds like what Billionaires and corporations love to do, then blame the price hike on inflation. lol
    i remember when conversations lashed out at Disney for voicing their opinion on a passed bill in Florida..

so spend billions of dollars to move, and pass the buck to your customers, sounds like what Billionaires and corporations love to do, then blame the price hike on inflation. lol
    i remember when conversations lashed out at Disney for voicing their opinion on a passed bill in Florida..
    Moving the Headquarters is small potatoes, sometimes more symbolic than anything. Let me know when he moves the California Tesla plant.

proof of this other than from Musk? I'm sure he 100% has the documents to prove..
    I'm guessing they'll never be any proof because I'm sure there isn't any proof.. if anything, I'd make a wager he's lying
    edit: it all makes sense now .
    SFL, why didn't you post this article in reference to his tweet?

EU takes Elon Musk's X to court over blue checks and ads​

Last edited:
    Putting this here as the place for all things Elmo. He’s just committed a boat load of money for Trump, and is trying to get his tech bros on board. It’s not going so well….lol

Putting this here as the place for all things Elmo. He’s just committed a boat load of money for Trump, and is trying to get his tech bros on board. It’s not going so well….lol

I hope someone shows Trump those tweets, because every time Musk types Trump Vance, he bolds only Vance's name. If Trump sees that, the honeymoon with Trump is over for both Vance and Musk. Two birds, one stone.

I'm tempted to open a Truth Social account just to make sure Trump sees Musk's posts.

Last edited:
    I hope someone shows Trump those tweets, because every time Musk says Trump Vance, he bolds only Vance's name. If Trump sees that, the honeymoon with Trump is over for both Vance and Musk. Two birds, one stone.

I'm tempted to open a Truth Social account just to make sure Trump sees Musk's posts.
    Good catch. Yeah Elmo definitely is more interested in Vance than Trump.

Good catch. Yeah Elmo definitely is more interested in Vance than Trump.
    The bolding is actually from someone doing a search, probably 'from:elonmusk Vance', where the search term is bolded in the results.

Would probably still annoy Trump if he saw it though. ;)

So someone obtained a peek under the hood of Twitter, and found that there are a list of users who are allowed break the Terms of Service without consequence. They are all far right wing accounts - examples:
    1721863987789.png

So someone obtained a peek under the hood of Twitter, and found that there are a list of users who are allowed break the Terms of Service without consequence. They are all far right wing accounts - examples:
    1721863987789.png
    Just asking, not challenging. How credible is the source of that?

Just asking, not challenging. How credible is the source of that?
    Twitter banned them and removed the post. You can go to some of those accounts and see them violating terms of service. 🤷‍♀️

I have no way to know, but I do know there are posts which clearly violate TOS and I have reported them, and get a message that they haven’t violated TOS. So I find it at least somewhat believable.

Update. The guy who posted the first screenshot and got shut down says he was told he was being suspended for “ban evasion” which doesn’t fit the supposed crime of posting false info. He enclosed a screen shot of the notice and had someone else post it.

Now, people who are reposting his screen shot which I put above that names the accounts are getting a message applied from Twitter saying it is “Synthetic or Manipulated Media”. They have disabled likes and shares I think for those people.

So, who knows. But I would never put it past Elon to do something like this and it would explain why certain accounts can post all kinds of slurs and disinformation without consequence.

Just a reminder: He's full of shirt. It's almost August, and his promise of Robotaxi is suppose to be out.

So he spent half a billion on gpu with Tesla money, sends it out to his privately own company (he owns 80% of xAI), uses tesla employees hrs on xAI, and now suggests tesla spend 5 billion of publically owned Tesla's money on xAI.

Yeah, small amount of self dealing.

Further on the “protected user list”. A real code person has looked at the screen shot I posted and dismissed it as false. However, they were then contacted directly and shown the actual version of what was found, which isn’t the screen shot that was made public and they now say this:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom