Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

I kept thinking SFL’s new fave, Mike Benz, sounded familiar. Well, curiosity finally got the better of me. And I am not disappointed, lololololol

“Michael Benz, a former Trump State Department official whose work has been cited in congressional hearings and promoted by Elon Musk, has become a go-to voice for Republican criticism of government and social media censorship in the past year.

But before his stints in government and as a pundit, Benz appears to have been a pseudonymous alt-right content creator who courted and interacted with white nationalists and posted videos espousing racist conspiracy theories, according to recordings, livestreams and blog posts reviewed by NBC News.

The pseudonym, Frame Game, posted videos and participated in podcasts and livestreams during the rise of the alt-right following Donald Trump’s election. Frame Game avoided showing his face in his videos or appearances, during which he pushed a variety of far-right narratives including the “Great Replacement Theory” that posits the white race is being eradicated in America for politics and profits. In others, Frame Game said he was a white identitarian, railed against the idea of diversity and made montages urging white viewers to unite under the banner of race.

In interviews with white nationalists, Frame Game blamed Jews for “controlling the media” and for the decline of the white race. “If you were to remove the Jewish influence on the West,” he said in one video, “white people would not face the threat of white genocide that they currently do.””

I repeat. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I kept thinking SFL’s new fave, Mike Benz, sounded familiar. Well, curiosity finally got the better of me. And I am not disappointed, lololololol

“Michael Benz, a former Trump State Department official whose work has been cited in congressional hearings and promoted by Elon Musk, has become a go-to voice for Republican criticism of government and social media censorship in the past year.

But before his stints in government and as a pundit, Benz appears to have been a pseudonymous alt-right content creator who courted and interacted with white nationalists and posted videos espousing racist conspiracy theories, according to recordings, livestreams and blog posts reviewed by NBC News.

The pseudonym, Frame Game, posted videos and participated in podcasts and livestreams during the rise of the alt-right following Donald Trump’s election. Frame Game avoided showing his face in his videos or appearances, during which he pushed a variety of far-right narratives including the “Great Replacement Theory” that posits the white race is being eradicated in America for politics and profits. In others, Frame Game said he was a white identitarian, railed against the idea of diversity and made montages urging white viewers to unite under the banner of race.

In interviews with white nationalists, Frame Game blamed Jews for “controlling the media” and for the decline of the white race. “If you were to remove the Jewish influence on the West,” he said in one video, “white people would not face the threat of white genocide that they currently do.””

I repeat. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    Nice, lol. Clearly he doesn't bother to vet his sources. Where's my shocked face when I need it?

I repeat. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
    You thought he sounded familiar because you already posted that hit piece by one of NBC's censorship goons. Yawn

You thought he sounded familiar because you already posted that hit piece by one of NBC's censorship goons. Yawn
    So you’re fine with using an outright anti-Semitic, white nationalist piece of trash as a trusted source? For diplomatic discussions involving foreign policy no less? Says everything anyone would ever need to know about you, doesn’t it?

Sickening, truly.

So you’re fine with using an outright anti-Semitic, white nationalist piece of trash as a trusted source? For diplomatic discussions involving foreign policy no less? Says everything anyone would ever need to know about you, doesn’t it?

Sickening, truly.
    An antisemitic Jew? Lol. I see you got white nationalist in there too. If you try hard enough you might be able to squeeze in misogynist & xenophobic too.

I love it when the person who posts things from neocons, censorship goons, and people running PR for oppressive regimes wants to lecture me about what to post.

Weren't you just accusing George Soros of funding antisemitic protests the other day?
    Every accusation is both projection and confession. Plus, he didn’t actually read the article. The guy has been boosting white nationalists for years on social media. Along with their antisemitism. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Every accusation is both projection and confession. Plus, he didn’t actually read the article. The guy has been boosting white nationalists for years on social media. Along with their antisemitism. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    Why do you think Soros is funding the protests?

That’s complete bullshirt. Prove it or shut up about it.
    He received a $1,000 grant years ago from a non-profit that Soros had contributed to. He doesn’t know Soros, Soros doesn’t know him, there were no campaign contributions. Calling him Soros-backed is a dog-whistle to racists and antI-Semites, and a lie to boot. Just keep spinning, though. You’re not convincing me but maybe you will convince yourself.[/I)

Also, the Soros-backed garbage is just an anti-Semitic dog whistle and shouldn’t be allowed on this board, IMO. It’s an invalid claim to begin with in any meaningful way besides the veiled racism.

Exactly this. However I’m not really keen on the disrespect for the rule of law shown by DeSantis here. (and many other Rs to be fair).

Didn’t Rs just spend Trump’s entire term fantasizing about putting all their political opponents in jail? And executing them? Even when no actual crimes could be identified or were even alleged?

All this talk about “weaponized” justice and “Soros-funded” prosecutors is just naked hypocrisy. And an anti-Semitic dog whistle to boot.

I was specifically thinking of you whenever I mention Soros name you come with a false antisemitism charge.
    You need to prove it’s false. It isn’t, not even close. Plus 2 of the 3 posts are about the same instance. Therefore 2 times I have correctly pointed out that the right using Soros as a “boogeyman” is anti-Semitic. Because it is.

🤷‍♀️ Seems perfectly reasonable to me.

Oh, and I just went back and did a search - you’ve mentioned Soros at least 10 times recently, and I didn’t respond once to any of those posts. So your “every time” is an exaggeration by a factor of 10 times. Or you’re a liar. Take your pick.

Last edited:
    I was specifically thinking of you whenever I mention Soros name you come with a false antisemitism charge.

Yes, and i still say it is antisemitism when you bring it up randomly.

Or at least, the only reason you know about it is because of your sources that are antisemitic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom