Elon Musk and Twitter Reach Deal for Sale (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    Elon Musk struck a deal on Monday to buy Twitter for roughly $44 billion, in a victory by the world’s richest man to take over the influential social network frequented by world leaders, celebrities and cultural trendsetters.

Twitter agreed to sell itself to Mr. Musk for $54.20 a share, a 38 percent premium over the company’s share price this month before he revealed he was the firm’s single largest shareholder. It would be the largest deal to take a company private — something Mr. Musk has said he will do with Twitter — in at least two decades, according to data compiled by Dealogic.

“Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future of humanity are debated,” Mr. Musk said in a statement announcing the deal. “Twitter has tremendous potential — I look forward to working with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

The deal, which has been unanimously approved by Twitter’s board, is expected to close this year, subject to a vote of Twitter shareholders and certain regulatory approvals.

The blockbuster agreement caps what had seemed an improbable attempt by the famously mercurial Mr. Musk, 50, to buy the social media company — and immediately raises questions about what he will do with the platform and how his actions will affect online speech globally.

If Musk does what he claims he wants to do it will be a big improvement and good for free speech.

Let's look at the President of Meda Matters and what he posted to his blog in the past.

20231121_150618.jpg

SFL, what is this piece from Tranny Paradise supposed to say about anybody or anything?

Last edited:
    This tweet was from 2021, but it perfectly describes Media Matters Angelo Carusone and people like him.

Angelo Carusone is a piece of shirt. Elon Musk is a piece of shirt. Twitter is a cesspool of antisemitic, racist, bullshirt. All of these things can be true at the same time.

I don't think, or most people for that matter, Musk is purposely putting certain ads next to these kind of Tweets. i have no doubt it's random as can be according to your browsing history, cookies, etc. . the advertisers don't care why or how there ads are getting next to these hateful racists dangerous tweets. but they ARE and that's all they care about, being associated with the Tweets they are next to, whether they are run by terrible people themselves or not.
    Have you seen specifically what Media Matters did to get their results?

1. They accessed accounts that had been active for at least 30 days which bypassed the ad filter for new users.

2. Then, they followed a small subset of accounts who fit exclusively into two boxes; those known to produce extreme, fringe content, and accounts owned by the big advertisers.

Result? A feed precision designed to produce side by side ad placement that it could screenshot to alienate advertisers.

Then, when that didn’t produce the results they desired, the manipulated the platform again by endlessly scrolling and refreshing the hand selected accounts, generating between 13 and 15 times more ads per hour than normally viewed, until it finally received pages it wanted; the bad content next to prominent advertisers.

Media Matters didn’t tell anyone what they had done -they published the piece the way they wanted it to look. They didn’t provide context about the extraordinary rarity that this could happen. They did this to target advertisers and force them to remove their ad dollars from X, thereby harming X.

Literally the only people who saw these(IBM, Comcast, & Oracle)ads placed next to these incendiary posts were MMFA. Out of the 500m monthly users, the ONLY people who saw it was them. They misled everyone so that they could advance their narrative.

In regards to Apples ads, only 2 users out of 500 million saw it and one of those users was Media Matters.

That was from this thread:

This tweet was from 2021, but it perfectly describes Media Matters Angelo Carusone and people like him.

so your contention is that the anti-Semites are being picked on by Media Matters? If only these bullies would leave Nazis alone. Interesting flex, but you do you. I wouldn’t defend anti-Semites, but you certainly have that right.

Personally I think Musk is a Peice of work. I saw where he victimized a college student not long ago, and refused to remove the tweets that accused him of being an undercover federal agent and starting a riot (because the Nazis love to peddle the narrative that it’s the Feds and not them, lol). This irresponsible posting resulted in numerous threats and driving the kid and his mom out of their home.

Also, it isn’t hard to see ads beside hateful content on Twitter. Try it yourself. You will see. I have seen it. A couple of times I sent a message to the advertiser but am not sure they ever got the message.

So you are saying he wasn't Soros backed, but he received funding from a non-profit funded by Soros? Alrighty then
    He received a $1,000 grant years ago from a non-profit that Soros had contributed to. He doesn’t know Soros, Soros doesn’t know him, there were no campaign contributions. Calling him Soros-backed is a dog-whistle to racists and antI-Semites, and a lie to boot. Just keep spinning, though. You’re not convincing me but maybe you will convince yourself.

Have you seen specifically what Media Matters did to get their results?

1. They accessed accounts that had been active for at least 30 days which bypassed the ad filter for new users.

2. Then, they followed a small subset of accounts who fit exclusively into two boxes; those known to produce extreme, fringe content, and accounts owned by the big advertisers.

Result? A feed precision designed to produce side by side ad placement that it could screenshot to alienate advertisers.

Then, when that didn’t produce the results they desired, the manipulated the platform again by endlessly scrolling and refreshing the hand selected accounts, generating between 13 and 15 times more ads per hour than normally viewed, until it finally received pages it wanted; the bad content next to prominent advertisers.

Media Matters didn’t tell anyone what they had done -they published the piece the way they wanted it to look. They didn’t provide context about the extraordinary rarity that this could happen. They did this to target advertisers and force them to remove their ad dollars from X, thereby harming X.

Literally the only people who saw these(IBM, Comcast, & Oracle)ads placed next to these incendiary posts were MMFA. Out of the 500m monthly users, the ONLY people who saw it was them. They misled everyone so that they could advance their narrative.

In regards to Apples ads, only 2 users out of 500 million saw it and one of those users was Media Matters.

That was from this thread:

2 out of 50 saw it or reported it? that's a big difference in information..

2 out of 50 saw it or reported it? that's a big difference in information..
    For the apple ads 2 users(one was Media Matters) out of 500 million saw it. For the IBM, Comcast, and Orale adds the only user out of 55 million who saw it was Media Matters. X will obviously have to prove that in court, but that information is in their filing.

He received a $1,000 grant years ago from a non-profit that Soros had contributed to. He doesn’t know Soros, Soros doesn’t know him, there were no campaign contributions. Calling him Soros-backed is a dog-whistle to racists and antI-Semites, and a lie to boot. Just keep spinning, though. You’re not convincing me but maybe you will convince yourself.
    Soros backed is accurate because a Soros non profit contributed to Braggs campaign. There definitely was a campaign contribution and Soros doesnt have to know Bragg to financially support him.

You are as bad as the ADL with their false accusations of antisemitism and racism. Swing and a miss though.

Soros backed is accurate because a Soros non profit contributed to Braggs campaign. There definitely was a campaign contribution and Soros doesnt have to know Bragg to financially support him.

You are as bad as the ADL with their false accusations of antisemitism and racism. Swing and a miss though.
    Nope. No campaign contributions. From NYT:

“Neither Mr. Soros nor Democracy PAC contributed directly to Mr. Bragg’s campaign, according to Michael Vachon, a spokesman for Mr. Soros.”

It was an endorsement by a PAC of which Soros is but one of many contributors. The PAC put out some fliers, and made some calls for Bragg, but no direct contributions. The people who contributed money had no say in who the PAC endorsed.

So, since the tie is so indirect, why did the people you champion make this claim? Why single out Soros from dozens of other contributors to that PAC? Why make it seem like there was a direct connection? How do you explain this lie?

Explaining the Ties Between Alvin Bragg and George Soros

Oh good lord, I will never understand why people fanboy this idiot so much:

It wasn't Soros' nonprofit. He donated money to a PAC that in turn donated money to Bragg's campaign. Soros did not, to my knowledge, donate directly to Alvin Bragg's campaign. Backing someone requires a direct connection- donation to the candidate's campaign, endorsement, etc. George Soros did none of those things.

Let's say he did, though. Why would it matter that George Soros donated to Alvin Bragg?

It wasn't Soros' nonprofit. He donated money to a PAC that in turn donated money to Bragg's campaign. Soros did not, to my knowledge, donate directly to Alvin Bragg's campaign. Backing someone requires a direct connection- donation to the candidate's campaign, endorsement, etc. George Soros did none of those things.

Let's say he did, though. Why would it matter that George Soros donated to Alvin Bragg?
    The PAC didn’t even donate to his campaign, from what I can gather. They endorsed him and spent money on fliers and such.

The PAC didn’t even donate to his campaign, from what I can gather. They endorsed him and spent money on fliers and such.

Yeah, I caught that from the link you posted. It's a ridiculous argument.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom