Earth (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

CrowFlies

Reaction score
    Is there a way to move a thread and its posts from one place to Here?

its been suggested Earth topic would do better in this department than where it is.
    its here.

can it be moved to Here?

im new here and its very large board, hard to know where to put things for a newbie.

thanks, if its possible.

well, not sure what it is since i type then post read a bit then look and dont see the post posted.
    i generally find this topic under my content.
    im not here as much as i could be so understanding the brds functions eludes me most of the time.

i got a sorta unexpected nearly 2 feet of snow over a couple days. aint seen this much snow in
    about 12 years. :cool:
    its very wet snow, almost has a blue hue to it in the big chunks.

good grief even more snow. all day. it was Huge flakes for a few hours.
    its wet sticky...wet...very wet snow....can hardly figure out how it remains white snow.
    the trees were CovereD in big piles and by noon it had all dripped off while still piling up.

my truck is stuck since it slid down the drive into a big boulder and now front wheel 4x wont engage.
    so now im without a truck which is now parked below me on flat land since it wont climb. gee....swell.

Last edited:
    good grief even more snow. all day. it was Huge flakes for a few hours.
    its wet sticky...wet...very wet snow....can hardly figure out how it remains white snow.
    the trees were CovereD in big piles and by noon it had all dripped off while still piling up.

my truck is stuck since it slid down the drive into a big boulder and now front wheel 4x wont engage.
    so now im without a truck which is now parked below me on flat land since it wont climb. gee....swell.

I'm sorry to hear that. The snow you're describing is very unusual for there, where cold light fluffy civilized snow is the norm. A kind of snow which is pretty easy to live with, and drive on.

What you're describing is that nasty Serra cement, the kind of wet soggy awful snow we have here. And no, one cannot drive on that kind of snow at all.

You're getting that snow from the giant category 4 atmospheric river which hosed us but good last week. In three days we got over 12 inches of rain here. Lots of flooding, lots of damage, and some deaths. Two dead in my county, others in the other counties.

It was sunny today sort of. Tomorrow it starts up again, another big atmospheric river.

yeh sam this is nightmare stuff. its so wet its blue tinged.
    it has Not stopped. roofs are so heavy laden people are freaking.

i did get to town this week and heard the same thing over and over from locals....this hasnt happened
    since the 70's, this much snow. some say 10-20yrs.
    i havent seen this much snow since N/WA where it literally did not stop snowing all winter....the air
    froze constantly, it was wet and it was cold and it froze all day every day. course that was a canyon
    bottom off the river.

this is awful. its coming down heavy as i type. again. i now park my truck about 500yds away on the flat
    land outside that bldg.

replaced an actuator on the truck...got it done and back then parked. now the small Red ford
    is literally totally covered in snow. you only see a big snow swirl, you canNot tell its a car.
    propane tank is nearly fully hidden, covered all around.

plows have bermed a literal wall around here....a wall of snow.
    you know army arctic boots??.....ive got a pair and the snow is over the top of those boots, up
    near my butt. i sat in snow yest....i had no choice.

yeh sam this is nightmare stuff. its so wet its blue tinged.
    it has Not stopped. roofs are so heavy laden people are freaking.

i did get to town this week and heard the same thing over and over from locals....this hasnt happened
    since the 70's, this much snow. some say 10-20yrs.
    i havent seen this much snow since N/WA where it literally did not stop snowing all winter....the air
    froze constantly, it was wet and it was cold and it froze all day every day. course that was a canyon
    bottom off the river.

this is awful. its coming down heavy as i type. again. i now park my truck about 500yds away on the flat
    land outside that bldg.

replaced an actuator on the truck...got it done and back then parked. now the small Red ford
    is literally totally covered in snow. you only see a big snow swirl, you canNot tell its a car.
    propane tank is nearly fully hidden, covered all around.

plows have bermed a literal wall around here....a wall of snow.
    you know army arctic boots??.....ive got a pair and the snow is over the top of those boots, up
    near my butt. i sat in snow yest....i had no choice.
    The storms finally quit here, maybe they will quit there in a day or two. We've only had two inches of snow, none remains on the ground.

What we did have was about 40 inches of rain in about a month. Not quite a month.

the difference in snow depth along the dog fence, at least....shows this snow is Evaporating.
    it is Not going to melt. it has dropped down at least...one foot... the last few warmer 24/7s.
    its evapping up into the atmosphere heading east.

once its gone...or, once some dirt shows for good...digging down to see how deep the WET got?...
    yah that will be interesting.

at the big ranch....i could kick the snow away...see the ground....see the DRY DIRT Directly Below the SNOW.
    yah, that was an eye opener.
    oh..so its not melting...its evaporating UP instead of melting Down Into the Dirt. got it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom